ADVERTISEMENT

Try and Tell Me - Go On

"... If a girl can't shake her ass to it I don't wanna hear it..."

Your quote above... that we can both agree on!

As a former PD at a Large Market "Hit Radio" station, I realize I am not qualified to know what songs make people want to stand up and party. Also, I couldn't list all of the concerts I've attended on both arms and both legs but I'll defer to you. And to say, "...Most of that doesn't fly. Ive never walked into a party and heard that stuff cranking.", only means you need to go to more parties and better bars. The variety of music people like might astound you! :)

I'm not saying many of the songs you'd want won't work, because they would, too, but for you to say the songs MTIOTF listed "ain't gonna work", is incorrect.

Last edited:
Gangsta rap is sort of a dated genre term, but I get not wanting kids exposed to really explicit lyrics. I just hope gangsta rap isn't code for all hip hop
Gee, I guess I don’t know the difference. Of course I also don’t care to know the difference. I can’t listen to any of that stuff.

Reactions: jsenleo
Your quote above... that we can both agree on!

As a former PD at a Large Market "Hit Radio" station, I realize I am not qualified to know what songs make people want to stand up and party. Also, I couldn't list all of the concerts I've attended on both arms and both legs but I'll defer to you. And to say, "...Most of that doesn't fly. Ive never walked into a party and heard that stuff cranking.", only means you need to go to more parties and better bars. The variety of music people like might astound you! :)

I'm not saying many of the songs you'd want won't work, because they would, too, but for you to say the songs MTIOTF listed "ain't gonna work", is incorrect.

They can play Take The A Train for all I care, so long as it has an up beat and isn’t an advertisement read by some aw shucks IU dude in the press box.

I wanna be entertained, not marketed.

And it lasts until the little Big Ten man in the red hat gets the hell off the field and let’s play resume.

And the cheerleaders can shake if they want to.

would love to hear the Marching Hundred take this on.

regardless, the opening 5 second guitar lick would be a fantastic 1st down theme.

and the Mike Campbell solo absolutely gets you going.

forget the song melody, the 2 guitar parts ARE the song, and all you need.

all you need is the repeating 5 second guitar lick that opens the song and ushers in the solo, and the solo itself, with the 5 sec lick interspersed throughout the solo.

ie, learn to pull off from the 2 min 44 sec mark on.

let the lower register brass do the 5 second guitar lick, and get some coronet player with mad skills and no inhibitions, give him a mic, to take on the Mike Campbell solo.

done right, would sound incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsenleo and 76-1
would love to hear the Marching Hundred take this on.

regardless, the opening 5 second guitar lick would be a fantastic 1st down theme.

and the Mike Campbell solo absolutely gets you going.

forget the song melody, the 2 guitar parts ARE the song, and all you need.

all you need is the repeating 5 second guitar lick that opens the song and ushers in the solo, and the solo itself, with the 5 sec lick interspersed throughout the solo.

ie, learn to pull off from the 2 min 44 sec mark on.

let the lower register brass do the 5 second guitar lick, and get some coronet player with mad skills and no inhibitions, give him a mic, to take on the Mike Campbell solo.

done right, would sound incredible.

Yeah, now that’s what I’m talking about!

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Thought I would share this too. The kid I was speaking about Mac Miller. My kids, high school and college, were really upset over his passing. I guess after watching this I can understand. Good Stuff

Soulful barbituate tunes about the urban experience won’t create excitement during a 3 minute time out.

Soulful barbituate tunes about the urban experience won’t create excitement during a 3 minute time out.
Hahaha I was just pointing out the kid rapper that died last September. When they played a tribute at the Ball State game I noticed the student section roaring singing the tribute song out loud.

Reactions: vesuvius13
mtiof is hereby nominated as director of pre-game and in-game marketing and chief entertainment officer for IU Football.

what happens now is a total embarrassment, and it is amazing nobody in the athletic department seems to care about making it better.

The students sing Sweeet Caroline as loud as they can

If they like Neil Diamond, they’ll take to the good 60s stuff like a wino to Ripple

Good music has no expiration date
The sweet caroline song has the "so good, so good, so good" inserted which is sung louder than anything else. Another song like that would be mony mony when everyone inserts "get laid get f*****"

Reactions: vesuvius13
Cough

Cough

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-after-lowest-average-attendance-in-22-years/

“Del Conte even told sponsors their in-game commercials were being limited because they were … boring. That meant telling the local bank president his game-ball presentation at the end of the first quarter wouldn't be needed.

"You know what our fans don't ask for?" said Drew Martin, Longhorns senior executive associate AD for external affairs. "They don't ask for more commercials..”

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Cough

Cough

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-after-lowest-average-attendance-in-22-years/

“Del Conte even told sponsors their in-game commercials were being limited because they were … boring. That meant telling the local bank president his game-ball presentation at the end of the first quarter wouldn't be needed.

"You know what our fans don't ask for?" said Drew Martin, Longhorns senior executive associate AD for external affairs. "They don't ask for more commercials..”
Excellent article! The fans that were bitching about the last renovation and more seats had me laughing. We can't fill the stadium as it is. AND even though glass offered a better ticket package its not enough!!! He gave what 2 sections of value? Nobody sits in those seats ever unless its the buckeyes rolling in with their fans. With attendance dropping across the country you would think they would make ticket prices reasonable.

The music side of things is a draw as is the overall game experience. I like what Texas did. They allowed food trucks in!!! Fred could easily charge 30% of all food truck revenues but I like that idea!

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT