ADVERTISEMENT

Trump supporter just lit himself on fire outside the courthouse...

There is a firefighters convention in downtown Indy this weekend. Fireman all over the place. We were up there pre-gaming before a show at a bar, and were hanging with some NYFD guys that were out here.

One of the dudes had pics his buddy that was on the scene sent him (not press pics). Effing gnarly.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
Uh you jumped to the wrong conclusion also. I should have checked Kurt’s info instead of trusting it was correct. You should have too.
Yes, I incorrectly thought Kurt had read something that actually identified the guy as a Trumpster. I should have known better. Technically I just jumped to the wrongful conclusion that Kurt hadn’t. 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: BadWakeboarder
It's not a bad thing to give someone the benefit of the doubt

Not nearly as bad as those purposely misleading with bad info

Reading this thread (and others), it is simply bizarre to me the lengths people will go to force every single situation through their tribal lens. This man clearly was suffering from mental illness.

But while we're at it, let's also try to figure out if this guy was, or would be, a Purdue or IU fan so we can trumpet ourselves and denigrate "the other," shall we?

He’s clearly a Purdoodoo fan because you have to be crazy to spend more than 5 secs in that dump of a town.

Uh you jumped to the wrong conclusion also. I should have checked Kurt’s info instead of trusting it was correct. You should have too.

Reading this thread (and others), it is simply bizarre to me the lengths people will go to force every single situation through their tribal lens. This man clearly was suffering from mental illness.

But while we're at it, let's also try to figure out if this guy was, or would be, a Purdue or IU fan so we can trumpet ourselves and denigrate "the other," shall we?
why i dont spend much time on the water cooler The dude was messed up big time obviously. It is sad really people are like this but lets see who he supports and run with it. Kurt should check and see his voting record next and let us all know.

Not a cult. But truly sad. I swear he could do a Jim Jones thing and millions would off themselves. Not a cult.
who could do a jim jones thing and millions would kill themselves. Millions are not killing themselves over anyone even democrats. What stupid thing to say.

Purdue fan, clearly.

We really didn't need the manifesto to figure out the crazy thing. He lit himself on fire....
The crazy part is a given. However he could have been a crazy dedicated Trumpster or a crazy dedicated moonbat, but he happened to be a crazy guy who thought Republicans and Democrats are teamed up in a plot against Americans.

Yes, I incorrectly thought Kurt had read something that actually identified the guy as a Trumpster. I should have known better. Technically I just jumped to the wrongful conclusion that Kurt hadn’t. 😎
That’s what TDS will do to you. Textbook case, you oughtta volunteer to participate in a study…

Seems to be something of a trend...

That’s what TDS will do to you. Textbook case, you oughtta volunteer to participate in a study…
I dont have TDS. The deranged are those that are hardcore Trumpsters. They have TDS. You have it too?

who could do a jim jones thing and millions would kill themselves. Millions are not killing themselves over anyone even democrats. What stupid thing to say.
Just one of the many in a long line of stupid things she says.

Sounds like you agree with me now. Apology accepted.

I find that trying to debate anything in the post-truth climate, even on this board, is pretty much an exercise in futility. Both sides of the argument will produce oodles of links, proving just how right they are, while at the same time being dismissive of the sources from the other side. It's amazing how there is never consensus on any topic, but I guess it's not surprising, given that the internet provides tons of "facts" from "experts" for anyone seeking validation of his viewpoint. It's so easy to settle on an opinion, then go out and find articles, documentation, editorials, statistics, facts, opinions, and (lol) tweets that will align. Heck, some posters even use their own prior posts ("I posted about this months ago, so...") as some sort of voice a authority.
It reminds me of the story of the 5 blind guys and the elephant.

Last edited:
Reactions: BradStevens
Sounds like you agree with me now. Apology accepted.
Me reading your post:

Apologize Season 5 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

It's sort of assumed this guy is suffering from a mental illness, but he would still have motives that isn't negated by the mental illness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT