ADVERTISEMENT

Trump ends stimulus legislation talks, Powell says significant risks to economy without stimulus . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
and Wall Street drops after being up . . . . Plus the Marlins lead the Braves . . .

Absolutely massive self-own there. He's basically taking all of the blame for nothing happening, and it's not like he can talk about meeting with the Dems repeatedly on this to "make a deal" since he won't even meet with people to work something out.

Absolutely massive self-own there. He's basically taking all of the blame for nothing happening, and it's not like he can talk about meeting with the Dems repeatedly on this to "make a deal" since he won't even meet with people to work something out.
I'm flabbergasted. Nancy Pelosi apparently wasn't negotiating "in good faith". She must've read The Art of the Deal.

The only explanation I can offer is that Trump actively wants to tank the American economy for good . . . but that defies logic from any angle other than Putin's.

Roid Rage. LOL.

The only argument he could plausibly make for his reelection anymore was the "best economy the world has ever seen" prior to the pandemic argument. And anybody with any sense saw through that lie . . .

. . . this puts that argument to rest. Come election day the economy could be bad and trending worse . . . .

and Wall Street drops after being up . . . . Plus the Marlins lead the Braves . . .

while deblasio's doing more shutdowns. what are those people supposed to do.

Reactions: brianiu
The only argument he could plausibly make for his reelection anymore was the "best economy the world has ever seen" prior to the pandemic argument. And anybody with any sense saw through that lie . . .

. . . this puts that argument to rest. Come election day the economy could be bad and trending worse . . . .

Unless he’s taking the blame because he’s planning on stealing the election with the help of the Supreme Court anyways. Gives other republicans a chance to say it wasn’t their doing.

Congress has already passed nearly $3 trillion worth of relief, a substantial amount of which has not been spent, and allowed the Federal Reserve to spend even more to combat the pandemic. The bill the House passed, the Heroes Act, is a $2.2 trillion package. It's a bad bill.

Reactions: 76-1
while deblasio's doing more shutdowns. what are those people supposed to do.
Here's all I'm going to say about your argument with hoosboot, aside from letting y'all know that you're two of my favorite posters here . . .

. . . I believe that the coronavirus lockdowns are best understood as economic policies rather than health policies . . . they're long-term investments in the future economic activity and not an attempt to maximize short-term profits (obviously).

And that's all I'm going to say about that . . . .

Congress has already passed nearly $3 trillion worth of relief, a substantial amount of which has not been spent, and allowed the Federal Reserve to spend even more to combat the pandemic. The bill the House passed, the Heroes Act, is a $2.2 trillion package. It's a bad bill.
And the answer is to end talks about a different stimulus package?

Who's in charge of spending the relief already authorized? Congress authorizes it, but it's the administrative branch that actually implements the spending . . . who's sitting on all that cash?

And the answer is to end talks about a different stimulus package?

Who's in charge of spending the relief already authorized? Congress authorizes it, but it's the administrative branch that actually implements the spending . . . who's sitting on all that cash?
The bill should be a non-starter.
By advancing this package, Democrats are prioritizing bailouts for mismanaged state budgets plagued by underfunded pension plans, subsidies to give unemployed workers a raise and disincentivize work, an expansion of Obamacare, real estate tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires, marijuana businesses over small businesses, and free passes for illegal aliens.
It's irresponsible

Reactions: 76-1 and IUCrazy2
By advancing this package, Democrats are prioritizing bailouts for mismanaged state budgets plagued by underfunded pension plans, subsidies to give unemployed workers a raise and disincentivize work, an expansion of Obamacare, real estate tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires, marijuana businesses over small businesses, and free passes for illegal aliens.
It's irresponsible
Good lord, you've hit just about every value judgment possible there . . .

. . . I'll just say this . . . please have your candidates run on this platform . . . and have them support Trump's termination of the talks. PLEASE . . . .

It's irresponsible

Link?

Reactions: Sope Creek
I'm flabbergasted. Nancy Pelosi apparently wasn't negotiating "in good faith". She must've read The Art of the Deal.

The only explanation I can offer is that Trump actively wants to tank the American economy for good . . . but that defies logic from any angle other than Putin's.
I think he knows he's doomed and wants to leave as big a mess as possible behind for Biden. He's a sociopath. If he can't win, everyone has to suffer.

He’s ended nothing. A walk away is a negotiation technique that he mentions often. The ball is in Pelosi’s court to come back with a direct aid offer for the affected individuals and businesses and drop her demands for general aid to state and local governments.

Good lord, you've hit just about every value judgment possible there . . .

. . . I'll just say this . . . please have your candidates run on this platform . . . and have them support Trump's termination of the talks. PLEASE . . . .
Democrats are also using this crisis to continue their assault on law enforcement. The bill removes $600 million in COPS grants that Democrats had included in March before they embraced the radical Left's call to defund police departments. Instead, they prioritized funds for the National Endowment of the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities, which will do nothing for safety and security.

Maybe . . . the coronavirus may thwart that too . . . not likely, but there's a chance . . . .
Depends on how many Republican Senators come down with it and how sick they get. It's getting dicey for them already.

He’s ended nothing. A walk away is a negotiation technique that he mentions often. The ball is in Pelosi’s court to come back with a direct aid offer for the affected individuals and businesses and drop her demands for general aid to state and local governments.
He yanked the rug out from under his own negotiators. Yeah, Art of the Deal.

Reactions: Bill4411

He ended the negotiation. That's what he said...in a tweet.

Democrats are also using this crisis to continue their assault on law enforcement. The bill removes $600 million in COPS grants that Democrats had included in March before they embraced the radical Left's call to defund police departments. Instead, they prioritized funds for the National Endowment of the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities, which will do nothing for safety and security.
You call funding priorities an "assault on police"?

You have no facility with the English language . . . you're just a talking points copier.

Buh-bye . . . .

He yanked the rug out from under his own negotiators. Yeah, Art of the Deal.

Exactly. His negotiators have probably told Pelosi that they don’t agree and want the talks to continue but their hands are tied.

LOL!!

Two years ago I was discussing Trump in a men's group at church, and one of the guys there had a history of direct negotiations with the Trump Organization. He said that the "walk away" technique was a bald-faced power play to make the other side quiver into relenting to Trump's terms. His client said "no", waited two weeks and then the Trump Organization came back with their tails between their legs.

Trump doesn't know how to negotiate from a position of weakness . . . and screws things up royally when he attempts a power play when he's in a weak position.

All Pelosi has to do is say "OK, I guess we'll have to wait since you said you won't negotiate."

Trump doesn't know how to negotiate from a position of weakness . . . and screws things up royally when he attempts a power play when he's in a weak position.

All Pelosi has to do is say "OK, I guess we'll have to wait since you said you won't negotiate."

...immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...​

He's a genius, remember? The Pubs are going to take back the House and he won't have to deal with Nancy anymore. Duh.

LOL!!

Two years ago I was discussing Trump in a men's group at church, and one of the guys there had a history of direct negotiations with the Trump Organization. He said that the "walk away" technique was a bald-faced power play to make the other side quiver into relenting to Trump's terms. His client said "no", waited two weeks and then the Trump Organization came back with their tails between their legs.

Reminds me of Obama telling Romney..."please proceed, Governor." When they are screwing things up, step aside and let them.

...immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...​

He's a genius, remember? The Pubs are going to take back the House and he won't have to deal with Nancy anymore. Duh.
He's a stable genius . . . I have a thought about which end of the horse the stable genius is on.

You go back, Jack, do it again. Wheels turning, round and round. . .

So, the taxpayers of Georgia and Ohio should just bail out Illinois and their trillions in pension liabilities? And then Illinois can then just go back to the same old way of operating? That'll work out well . . .

Those poorly run blue states that pay money TO the federal government and not the superbly run red states that get far more from the feds then they pay in.

That argument is one of the dumbest arguments ever. Neither red nor blue states pay one dime to the feds in taxes but all states have their hand out.

You go back, Jack, do it again. Wheels turning, round and round. . .

So, the taxpayers of Georgia and Ohio should just bail out Illinois and their trillions in pension liabilities? And then Illinois can then just go back to the same old way of operating? That'll work out well . . .
I ain't speaking to you . . . you never answered my question about where you at . . .

. . . which reminds me, how many Illinois dollars have come to Georgia to make sure the interstates here are easy traveling for Illinois and Er-hi-er folks headed to Florida on spring break?

As far as federal gubmint revenues and receipts go, is Er-hi-er a giver or a taker? Looks like y'all are mismanaged . . . you get back from the federal gubmint pennies on every one of the $144.7 billion y'all send . . . I guess you've got a legit beef there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT