ADVERTISEMENT

Trump at Arlington National yesterday.

So this video segment below includes the picture of Trump giving the thumbs up at the grave of one of the 13. Do what I did and freeze frame the pic to read the dates on the tombstone on the next grave over to the right (MSG Andrew Marckesano) which is also included in the picture. If you do, you'll notice that he wasn't one of the 13 killed in Aug of 2021, but rather that he died a year earlier in July 2020.

I'm not aware of Trump ever attending a memorial in his honor,and on first glance he would seem to be one of the 13 being honored. Maybe you can link to the photo of Trump honoring him in July 2023 on n the 3rd anniversary of his death.? Or better yet maybe you can link to a single instance of Trump attending a Memorial to any of the 65 military personnel that died during his term? For some reason Trump seems to have no problem "honoring" the 13 killed on Biden's watch, but has little regard for the 4x as many who died from 2017- 2020.

I wonder what Sgt Marckesano's family/loved ones ones think about Trump? Were they eager to invite him to any of the private memorials they held for their son, only to find that Trump had a previous engagement? Surely that must be the case for him and the 65 others, because (without checking) I feel pretty confidant in saying any pics of Trump honoring fallen military who died whie he was POTUS simply dont exist.

So I wonder what the Sgts family think about Trump. Since he died in July of 2020, I wonder if his death involved any of the 5000 Taliban fighters that Trump earlier ordered released? I know one thing, his family was not happy about their son's grave being included in Trump's polltical photo op...

painfully obvious he only honors the military/fallen when politically beneficial

No the coward took a leave of absence from teaching in March 2006, a full year after ruining from Iraq, in hopes of winning his congressional campaign. He won, but the job would’ve been awaiting him on his return had he lost.

Dishonest. Shill. Full of shit.
The fact is he had been involved in politics since at least 2004, because he was a volunteer for Kerry who became the campaign's county commisioner. He filed his official paperwork to run for Congress in Feb 2005 and had likely already submitted his retrement paperwork prior to that.

If Walz hadn't retired and instead would have deployed with his unit while still running for Congress, the same people whining about him retiring (after 20+ yrs) would be complaining. The complaint would be that he was distracted and that he riskied his men's lives because he split his time between running for Congress and commanding his unit. It's always faux outrage with that crowd, they take their cue from Trump where they just throw enough shit at the wall and hope something will stick.

The idea that a 24 yr veteran who actually excelled at providing leadership is being questioned by the same people who have no issue with a coward paying a doctor to write a letter alledging he had "bone spurs" is pretty par for the hypocrisy gang. Trump didn't dare raise the issue himself, he left it up to his flunky Vance. I'm not sure if you're as much of a dumbass as you pretend to be and are the type of brain dead follower they're seeking to fool. Or if you're really not as stupid as you pretend to be and are basically the male online counterpoint to "lucy"...

No doubt we'll have to put up with your insane rambling and trolling for the next 4 yrs during the Harris admin. I guess that's a price worth paying if it rids us of the orange menace...

So this video segment below includes the picture of Trump giving the thumbs up at the grave of one of the 13. Do what I did and freeze frame the pic to read the dates on the tombstone on the next grave over to the right (MSG Andrew Marckesano) which is also included in the picture. If you do, you'll notice that he wasn't one of the 13 killed in Aug of 2021, but rather that he died a year earlier in July 2020.

I'm not aware of Trump ever attending a memorial in his honor,and on first glance he would seem to be one of the 13 being honored. Maybe you can link to the photo of Trump honoring him in July 2023 on n the 3rd anniversary of his death.? Or better yet maybe you can link to a single instance of Trump attending a Memorial to any of the 65 military personnel that died during his term? For some reason Trump seems to have no problem "honoring" the 13 killed on Biden's watch, but has little regard for the 4x as many who died from 2017- 2020.

I wonder what Sgt Marckesano's family/loved ones ones think about Trump? Were they eager to invite him to any of the private memorials they held for their son, only to find that Trump had a previous engagement? Surely that must be the case for him and the 65 others, because (without checking) I feel pretty confidant in saying any pics of Trump honoring fallen military who died whie he was POTUS simply dont exist.

So I wonder what the Sgts family think about Trump. Since he died in July of 2020, I wonder if his death involved any of the 5000 Taliban fighters that Trump earlier ordered released? I know one thing, his family was not happy about their son's grave being included in Trump's polltical photo op...

Thank you for all of your effort. I know that it is much quicker, almost automatic, in a way for you but I appreciate it. It's almost like you are a pound puppy, setting waiting for someone to throw a ball so you can run down the yard and retrieve back a nice long post, with slobber all over it. Dogs are so loyal and we all appreciate them much more than cats.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
The fact is he had been involved in politics since at least 2004, because he was a volunteer for Kerry who became the campaign's county commisioner. He filed his official paperwork to run for Congress in Feb 2005 and had likely already submitted his retrement paperwork prior to that.

If Walz hadn't retired and instead would have deployed with his unit while still running for Congress, the same people whining about him retiring (after 20+ yrs) would be complaining. The complaint would be that he was distracted and that he riskied his men's lives because he split his time between running for Congress and commanding his unit. It's always faux outrage with that crowd, they take their cue from Trump where they just throw enough shit at the wall and hope something will stick.

The idea that a 24 yr veteran who actually excelled at providing leadership is being questioned by the same people who have no issue with a coward paying a doctor to write a letter alledging he had "bone spurs" is pretty par for the hypocrisy gang. Trump didn't dare raise the issue himself, he left it up to his flunky Vance. I'm not sure if you're as much of a dumbass as you pretend to be and are the type of brain dead follower they're seeking to fool. Or if you're really not as stupid as you pretend to be and are basically the male online counterpoint to "lucy"...

No doubt we'll have to put up with your insane rambling and trolling for the next 4 yrs during the Harris admin. I guess that's a price worth paying if it rids us of the orange menace...
Reservists and Guardsmen serving in congress is not atypical and no one gives them guff for doing so. Tulsi Gabbard for instance.

Highly doubtful he submitted retirement papers before learning of possible deployment. You’d have to be a true rube to believe as much.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Thank you for all of your effort. I know that it is much quicker, almost automatic, in a way for you but I appreciate it. It's almost like you are a pound puppy, setting waiting for someone to throw a ball so you can run down the yard and retrieve back a nice long post, with slobber all over it. Dogs are so loyal and we all appreciate them much more than cats.
I just love correcting idiot liars...

Reservists and Guardsmen serving in congress is not atypical and no one gives them guff for doing so. Tulsi Gabbard for instance.

Highly doubtful he submitted retirement papers before learning of possible deployment. You’d have to be a true rube to believe as much.
How long do you think it takes to process a Sgt Major's retirement request? They only returned from Italy in 2004 and the rumours prior to their 2003 deployment had been they were going to Afghan..Instead they had been sent to Italy to basically take the place of units there that had been deployed to Aghan.

So when they were told they could be deployed within a 2 yr window-, they certainly didn't know it was Iraq. This was a National Guard unit. A two year window is a long time if you're over 20 in and aren't planning for 30.Based on his formal retirement in May 2005, I'd say Walz had to have submitted his paperwork at least 6 mos to a year before the unit received orders in July. And even at that, they didn't actually deploy till early 2006. Did you just expect Walz to put his political plans on hold till he could run in 2008?

If so, why aren't you critical of Vance leaving the service when his 4 yr enlistment was up? Vance's only goal was to extend his resume and be able to have access to the GI Bill to go to school. No problem with that until you try to intimate that those goals were somehow more honorable than a kid who enlisted at 17 (and based on rank achievement alone) kicked your butt.

The War in Iraq was ongoing when Vance left, and I guess you expect Walz to remain in uniform till the Iraq war ended? IIRC Walz's unit had returned from Iraq by the time Vance even enlisted. I guess you think Walz (for some reason) was supposed to delay his retirement till the war ended, although others, including Vance continued to come and go and you have no problem with that.

Vance could have re-upped for a year or two and stayed in Iraq, he didn't have to get out. There were rumours about the upcoming surge, but for some reason little JD decided he wanted to miss out on all the fun. Yet he's the one who tried to bring up these nonsense accusations,and you give him a complete pass.

I almost hope that Vance shoots his mouth off on this issue at the debate and Coach decks him. I'd love to see that little sneer get wiped off his face...

There’s absolutely nothing doubtful about it and you are willfully ignorant to continue to say that.

How so? You have no proof that he knew beforehand other than conservative propaganda making the unfounded accusation.

There’s absolutely nothing doubtful about it and you are willfully ignorant to continue to say that.
Let’s have this be the end of this runaround with you and @cosmickid

About a month later, in March 2005, Walz put out a statement saying the National Guard informed his unit that it could deploy to Iraq "within the next two years." Walz said in the statement that he still intended to run for Congress but that he also understood his "responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on."

In May 2005, at that time 41 years old, he officially retired from the National Guard, according to his military service records. His unit received official deployment orders in July 2005.

Based off those facts he was either LYING in March of 05 and was already in the process of retiring. Or he rushed through his retirement. There is no other option.

Let’s have this be the end of this runaround with you and @cosmickid

About a month later, in March 2005, Walz put out a statement saying the National Guard informed his unit that it could deploy to Iraq "within the next two years." Walz said in the statement that he still intended to run for Congress but that he also understood his "responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on."

In May 2005, at that time 41 years old, he officially retired from the National Guard, according to his military service records. His unit received official deployment orders in July 2005.

Based off those facts he was either LYING in March of 05 and was already in the process of retiring. Or he rushed through his retirement. There is no other option.
I read all that the first time and the quotes are being mischaracterized, the timeline doesn’t fit the facts, and you’re also relying on a MAGA guy who should know better.

It’s not possible for him to retire in one month.

I read all that the first time and the quotes are being mischaracterized, the timeline doesn’t fit the facts, and you’re also relying on a MAGA guy who should know better.

It’s not possible for him to retire in one month.
The March ‘05 quote is from his campaign. He said it. The ‘05 retirement is fact.

Stop lying on behalf of this coward you shill.

How long do you think it takes to process a Sgt Major's retirement request? They only returned from Italy in 2004 and the rumours prior to their 2003 deployment had been they were going to Afghan..Instead they had been sent to Italy to basically take the place of units there that had been deployed to Aghan.

So when they were told they could be deployed within a 2 yr window-, they certainly didn't know it was Iraq. This was a National Guard unit. A two year window is a long time if you're over 20 in and aren't planning for 30.Based on his formal retirement in May 2005, I'd say Walz had to have submitted his paperwork at least 6 mos to a year before the unit received orders in July. And even at that, they didn't actually deploy till early 2006. Did you just expect Walz to put his political plans on hold till he could run in 2008?

If so, why aren't you critical of Vance leaving the service when his 4 yr enlistment was up? Vance's only goal was to extend his resume and be able to have access to the GI Bill to go to school. No problem with that until you try to intimate that those goals were somehow more honorable than a kid who enlisted at 17 (and based on rank achievement alone) kicked your butt.

The War in Iraq was ongoing when Vance left, and I guess you expect Walz to remain in uniform till the Iraq war ended? IIRC Walz's unit had returned from Iraq by the time Vance even enlisted. I guess you think Walz (for some reason) was supposed to delay his retirement till the war ended, although others, including Vance continued to come and go and you have no problem with that.

Vance could have re-upped for a year or two and stayed in Iraq, he didn't have to get out. There were rumours about the upcoming surge, but for some reason little JD decided he wanted to miss out on all the fun. Yet he's the one who tried to bring up these nonsense accusations,and you give him a complete pass.

I almost hope that Vance shoots his mouth off on this issue at the debate and Coach decks him. I'd love to see that little sneer get wiped off his face...
So the Army (in a very unusual development) has issued a statement on the Arlington incident. I'm sure we're all shocked to discover that, per usual, Team Trump lied. And in an even more shocking discovery we find out that the official involved was a female.I mean who didn't see that coming, in an incident involving bullying on Trump's end?

None of Trump's lackeys would have the guts to try and bully a male military employee doing his job.That's what cowards do they bully people. For the Dept of the Army to actually respond, you know they are pissed. It seems they especially didn't appreciate little Stevie Cheung releasing a statement accusing their employee (who was doing her duty) of suffering a mental breakdown. Turns out the employee in qusetion was only reinforcing the same rules the Trump team had been directly lectured on earlier...

Guess the "deep state Army" hates wittle Donny...Of course he wasn't there breaking Federal law...

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That’s the problem cameras were not supposed to be there! Trump and his staff were told - he wanted it to be a political event.
They were standing on the graves of the fallen. The man does not care. He is supposed to be the commander in chief. What an Ass-hole.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
The March ‘05 quote is from his campaign. He said it. The ‘05 retirement is fact.

You clearly don’t understand the facts and are only looking at stuff that kind of sort of support what you want to believe. You don’t want to know the actual truth. Honest discussion isn’t a MAGA trait.

Can you google and attach a CNN interview with his superior, Doug Julin (for some reason I can't attach).? Puts this crap to bed. Walz knew in the Fall of 2004 that the unit would be going to Iraq within a year or so. That's when they got a "Notification of Sourcing" about the matter. So that the commanders could start preparing their team. Walz told him in Spring of 2005 he was going with the unit to Iraq, then went behind his back to Julin's superior to get approval to retire ( I think given the late date). The CNN host, Laura Coates, tried to put words in his mouth about the situation, to no good effect.

If you able, google "Gov. Walz's former National Guard command sergeant major describes timeline of Walz retiring'. , and attach. Thanks.

EDIT: Walz in March or April of 2005, to Jalin "I have not been nominated, I am going forward with the battalion".

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
You clearly don’t understand the facts and are only looking at stuff that kind of sort of support what you want to believe. You don’t want to know the actual truth. Honest discussion isn’t a MAGA trait.
No the problem is Aloha that you are ignoring the facts like his statements in March and skipping the chain of command for his retirement paperwork and leaving in such a rush that he didn’t even sign all the necessary exit paperwork.

If you like the guy, say you like the guy. But don’t pretend is retirement wasn’t unceremonious and cowardly. Stop ignoring facts and please get a grip.

Can you google and attach a CNN interview with his superior, Doug Julin (for some reason I can't attach).? Puts this crap to bed. Walz knew in the Fall of 2004 that the unit would be going to Iraq within a year or so. That's when they got a "Notification of Sourcing" about the matter. So that the commanders could start preparing their team. Walz told him in Spring of 2005 he was going with the unit to Iraq, then went behind his back to Julin's superior to get approval to retire ( I think given the late date). The CNN host, Laura Coates, tried to put words in his mouth about the situation, to no good effect.

If you able, google "Gov. Walz's former National Guard command sergeant major describes timeline of Walz retiring'. , and attach. Thanks.
I won’t matter him and Cos have a more bugaboo about this and are willing to ignore everything.

Pretty funny how this has become the story rather than the fact that the families literally did not want president Biden or vice president Kamala Harris there.

The power of the media.
Because that isn’t the story. Families of the fallen often blame the CinC. It goes with the job. That is not a story.

Last edited:
"ANC conducts nearly 3,000 such public ceremonies a year without incident. Participants in the August 26th ceremony and the subsequent Section 60 visit were made aware of federal laws, Army regulations and DoD policies, which clearly prohibit political activities on cemetery grounds. An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside. Consistent with the decorum expected at ANC, this employee acted with professionalism and avoided further disruption."

This says it all. Trump and his entire campaign truly is one massive POS.

EDIT: Walz in March or April of 2005, to Jalin "I have not been nominated, I am going forward with the battalion".

They will cast him off as a MAGA with an axe to grind.

Do you think he remembers any of them? ANY?

I just love correcting idiot liars...
You do understand that the the post that you were disproving an "idiot liar", was a post that I simply asked a question in, right?
I asked a question, full stop.
You: "YOU'RE AN IDIOT LIAR"

I hope you are not close to the Kursk area of Russia. It has to be tense around there about now.

No the problem is Aloha that you are ignoring the facts like his statements in March and skipping the chain of command for his retirement paperwork and leaving in such a rush that he didn’t even sign all the necessary exit paperwork.

If you like the guy, say you like the guy. But don’t pretend is retirement wasn’t unceremonious and cowardly. Stop ignoring facts and please get a grip.
By the way it’s nothing less than despicable that you called an honorably retired veteran with 24 years of excellent military service a coward. FU.

I don’t like him and I don’t dislike him. I despise dishonest political attacks.

You don’t realize that the guy you’re referring to was not Walz’ CSM? You don’t realize they never served together? You don’t know the guy is MAGA and is attacking Walz dishonestly - as MAGAs are prone to do? You don’t know that between 2 and 3 hundred of his fellow soldiers have nothing but positive things to say about him?

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? Of course it’s a story. How do you think we got started talking about it?

Are you ok? You seem to be flailing badly in this thread.

Your TDS is getting out of control.
Apparently it’s the story for those of you with TDS. The reality is it’s not really a story.

Apparently it’s the story for those of you with TDS. The reality is it’s not really a story.
Gold star families are so upset with Biden’s botched Afghanistan withdrawal that they not only don’t invite him, they invite his opponent in the upcoming election.

Sorry, but that’s a story. Whether you agree with what they did or not, it’s absolutely a story.

You’re being ridiculous right now.

Good grief.

Gold star families are so upset with Biden’s botched Afghanistan withdrawal that they not only don’t invite him, they invite his opponent in the upcoming election.

Sorry, but that’s a story. Whether you agree with what they did or not, it’s absolutely a story.

Good grief.

And it could have been the story, but as always Trump inserted himself into it in a way that doesn't help him.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed

Good grief.
The botched withdrawal is a story. I criticized it. The families’ grievances, not so much. Happens repeatedly. If you actually think that’s a big story that’s fine with me. I explained why it really isn’t, but I don’t care if you think it is. I despise this kind of low brow politics.

Chicago Fire, the loss of 13 military members in the poorly executed withdrawal from Afghanistan as the underrated Taliban swarmed the airbase was definitely a bad day for the Biden administration.

Cannot blame Trump for going to Arlington as the families of the 13 killed have gone on record as being unhappy with the way Biden dealt with their loss.

The problem with my post is the question of whether Trump was at Arlington on behalf of the families, or as a political opportunity which he couldn't pass up.

Reactions: UncleMark
The botched withdrawal is a story. I criticized it. The families’ grievances, not so much. Happens repeatedly. If you actually think that’s a big story that’s fine with me. I explained why it really isn’t, but I don’t care if you think it is. I despise this kind of low brow politics.
I don’t think the feelings of the families of slain soldiers constitute “low brow politics”.

Thats the kind of thing you’d call someone else a coward for saying.

The only reason you don’t think this is a story is your all consuming hatred of Trump. It’s really a bad look for you.

A lot of times when I say people have TDS, I’m being somewhat facetious. But there are times, like this, where I’m dead serious.

The problem with my post is the question of whether Trump was at Arlington on behalf of the families, or as a political opportunity which he couldn't pass up.
If he had turned them down, you’d excoriate him for that.

He didn’t have a choice. If they invited him, he had to go.

I’m not going to read this whole thread. But they were told they couldn’t do it and forced their way through?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT