ADVERTISEMENT

Tronti ends up at FAU

Just more evidence that a commitment means nothing
and should not be taken seriously.

Who takes them seriously? To butcher a quote from the late Dennis Green, "They are (who)what we thought they were!"

He was at IU all year, didn't like the competition he could foresee ahead so he checked out. Writing was on the wall and he wanted to be someplace where an opportunity felt more likely. Adios!

Who takes them seriously? To butcher a quote from the late Dennis Green, "They are (who)what we thought they were!"

He was at IU all year, didn't like the competition he could foresee ahead so he checked out. Writing was on the wall and he wanted to be someplace where an opportunity felt more likely. Adios!

Actually, Lane Kiffin is bringing in lots of transfers. Tronti will be competing against QB transfers from Florida State and Oklahoma.

If he was scared of competition, I doubt he'd go there.

Seems to me it was just closer to home and, if he was going to have to be a backup QB, better to be close to home.

But I wish the kid the best of luck and hope he tears it up down there.

Actually, Lane Kiffin is bringing in lots of transfers. Tronti will be competing against QB transfers from Florida State and Oklahoma.

Seems to me it was just closer to home and, if he was going to have to be a backup QB, better to be close to home.

How many years of eligibility do those other transfers have? He's redshirting. It's not that he would ever be the only QB on the roster but he saw what was on IUs roster. Remember FSU and Taggart were going incredibly hard at Penix. So at IU he was competing against a player FSU really wanted while at FAU he is competing against one FSU didnt want.

I agree about being closer to home, but I feel confident that if he had a shot at starting, he'd still be in Bloomington.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
How many years of eligibility do those other transfers have? He's redshirting. It's not that he would ever be the only QB on the roster but he saw what was on IUs roster. Remember FSU and Taggart were going incredibly hard at Penix. So at IU he was competing against a player FSU really wanted while at FAU he is competing against one FSU didnt want.

I agree about being closer to home, but I feel confident that if he had a shot at starting, he'd still be in Bloomington.
And I feel he might still be in Bloomington if he even got a snap in the Spring game.

When you feel you have the talent to play but don't get to showcase it, I can imagine that would be discouraging.

However, all I said was, if he's afraid of competition, as you said, he wouldn't go to FAU where they have other transfers from programs much better than ours at the moment. I still think that. I'm sure he thought he could compete here and I'm sure he thinks he can compete there. But obviously, in IU's case, the die was cast and he had no way of showing his talents on the team. That's different than being 'afraid of competition'.

Reactions: 82hoosier

Looks like the OU transfer has 3 years left:

"A four-star member of the Sooners’ 2017 recruiting class, Robison was rated as the No. 7 pro-style quarterback in the country; the No. 29 player at any position in the state of Texas; and the No. 173 recruit on 247Sports.com‘s composite board. As an early enrollee, Robison took part in spring practice and played in the spring game, completing 3-of-5 passes for 49 yards."

The Fl. State transfer had 3 years in 2017, so I assume 2 from now on:

"The recruiting website currently has Johnson ranked as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country for JUCO prospects. Johnson was a four-star member of Florida State’s 2015 recruiting class who left the Seminoles under a cloud of controversy.

In June of last year, Johnson was indefinitely suspended by FSU after being accused of punching a woman at a bar. He was subsequently charged with misdemeanor battery as video of the incident emerged.

One day after the video surfaced, Johnson was dismissed.

Johnson will be eligible to play for Kiffin immediately at FAU. He’ll have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2017."

So, I'd say he's facing a LOT stiffer competition at FAU at the QB position than he was at IU.

Reactions: kmathum
Looks like the OU transfer has 3 years left:

"A four-star member of the Sooners’ 2017 recruiting class, Robison was rated as the No. 7 pro-style quarterback in the country; the No. 29 player at any position in the state of Texas; and the No. 173 recruit on 247Sports.com‘s composite board. As an early enrollee, Robison took part in spring practice and played in the spring game, completing 3-of-5 passes for 49 yards."

The Fl. State transfer had 3 years in 2017, so I assume 2 from now on:

"The recruiting website currently has Johnson ranked as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country for JUCO prospects. Johnson was a four-star member of Florida State’s 2015 recruiting class who left the Seminoles under a cloud of controversy.

In June of last year, Johnson was indefinitely suspended by FSU after being accused of punching a woman at a bar. He was subsequently charged with misdemeanor battery as video of the incident emerged.

One day after the video surfaced, Johnson was dismissed.

Johnson will be eligible to play for Kiffin immediately at FAU. He’ll have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2017."

So, I'd say he's facing a LOT stiffer competition at FAU at the QB position than he was at IU.

Lane takes any and all players, regardless of past history. He’ll build FAU with a lot of suspect kids. He’s got Quran Hafiz. Remember his commit to IU?

Reactions: iueyedoc99
And I feel he might still be in Bloomington if he even got a snap in the Spring game.

When you feel you have the talent to play but don't get to showcase it, I can imagine that would be discouraging.

However, all I said was, if he's afraid of competition, as you said, he wouldn't go to FAU where they have other transfers from programs much better than ours at the moment. I still think that. I'm sure he thought he could compete here and I'm sure he thinks he can compete there. But obviously, in IU's case, the die was cast and he had no way of showing his talents on the team. That's different than being 'afraid of competition'.
I am surprised that he didn’t get to take some snaps in the spring game. Maybe they should tack on another 15 minutes of playing time. It’s just a controlled scrimmage. Give everybody a chance to play.

Reactions: DANC
Just more evidence that a commitment means nothing
and should not be taken seriously.

Oh come on...... we thought he was a under the radar quality Florida Mr. Football that NO ONE recruited but IU saw him..... he was what everyone knew but our fan base ...... best of luck to the guy and I’m glad we are recruiting better freshman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT