ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio WR Miles Cross committed

Alright! Tech fans claiming he's a bit over average But I'll take 161 grabs for 1700 yards in a mid... "That's experienced to you son..."

Welcome! Hope Myles is going have a big year!

Wait, we're going to be throwing for Myles and Miles? Sounds good.

I wonder if any in the receiver room can long snap?

Alright! Tech fans claiming he's a bit over average But I'll take 161 grabs for 1700 yards in a mid... "That's experienced to you son..."

Welcome! Hope Myles is going have a big year!

Wait, we're going to be throwing for Myles and Miles? Sounds good.

I wonder if any in the receiver room can long snap?
He's not meant to be a #1. He's a slot reciever at 5'10 190. A perfect allotment of recievers that can compliment each other.

MC is our main guy...deep threat, possession receiver and red zone throw it up and get it guy. Miles Cross lines up on the other side as a mixed deep threat with intermediate routes. Price in the middle just being a dirty little slot.

He's not meant to be a #1. He's a slot reciever at 5'10 190. A perfect allotment of recievers that can compliment each other.

MC is our main guy...deep threat, possession receiver and red zone throw it up and get it guy. Miles Cross lines up on the other side as a mixed deep threat with intermediate routes. Price in the middle just being a dirty little slot.
McCulley for 800 yards and 10 TDs this season. With the WR room right now I'd love to see 4 receiver sets with a McCulley/Cooper/Williams/Cross regular rotation to get the CBs worn down. JMU has had four 1000 yard receivers the past three seasons, there's 2000 between the four of them.

And without a line yet, the slot guy will need to be ready for a lot of quick passes. lol

Edit - Above accidental posting of something typed yesterday. I'm getting less worried about the line. At least a little. Still wondering about the defensive line. But lot of confidence in our DC going by his past players comments that he's good, plus results.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: YOTHN
And without a line yet, the slot guy will need to be ready for a lot of quick passes. lol

Edit - Above accidental posting of something typed yesterday. I'm getting less worried about the line. At least a little. Still wondering about the defensive line. But lot of confidence in our DC going by his past players comments that he's good, plus results.
But you aren't wrong, we do still need more OL. What ever happened to DJ 'Demon' Moore. He was the 4-star OL out of FW Snider. He isn't reflecting as being in the portal nor do I show him on the IU roster. Did I miss something? We could use a Vinny Fiacable to step up as those guys have always been great IU players as well.

Reactions: red hornet
But you aren't wrong, we do still need more OL. What ever happened to DJ 'Demon' Moore. He was the 4-star OL out of FW Snider. He isn't reflecting as being in the portal nor do I show him on the IU roster. Did I miss something? We could use a Vinny Fiacable to step up as those guys have always been great IU players as well.

He quit football, I believe.

It's always been amazing to me the athletic talent that goes by the wayside. Must have desire + talent to succeed.
Not to veer off topic too much, but whenever I think about guys with loads of talent who more or less squandered it, I think of two high school basketball players from the mid 90s from Ohio: Esteban Weaver and John Carson.

Weaver was an all-world talent out of Columbus. He bounced around between three high schools and ended up playing with Kenny Gregory who went to Kansas. Weaver was worlds better than Gregory - and Gregory would tell you that himself. Most people in the know thought he was a sure-fire draft pick. He'd go to all those summer camps/showcases and he more than held his own of the who's who of mid 90s high school basketball. Hangers on, ego, and run ins with the law did him in. He ended up going to a prep school, but only lasted a few weeks. He came back to Columbus and fell into his old habits. There are some people who will tell you he could have been a Lebron level talent if he could have focused more on his game and ignored all the distractions. He's working with inner city youth now in Columbus, I believe.

Carson was sort of similar. As a freshman, if people saw him play and weren't familiar with him, they'd ask where he was going to college next year. He had too many of the wrong people whispering in his ear, but did end up going to play for Bob Huggins at UC. Huggins kicked him off the team. Unfortunately, about 10 or so years ago, he was shot and killed trying to break into a house.

There was no question both those guys had the talent to play at the highest level. It's a shame life got the better of them both.

Reactions: 76-1 and BCCHoosier
He quit football, I believe.
That's a bummer, however, if you don't have a whole lot of passion for the sport, the level of work outside of school that's needed to compete at this level could easily erode someone's desire to continue. He was a beast of a man but if true, I hope he enjoys his next adventure!

Reactions: 76-1
Not to veer off topic too much, but whenever I think about guys with loads of talent who more or less squandered it, I think of two high school basketball players from the mid 90s from Ohio: Esteban Weaver and John Carson.

Weaver was an all-world talent out of Columbus. He bounced around between three high schools and ended up playing with Kenny Gregory who went to Kansas. Weaver was worlds better than Gregory - and Gregory would tell you that himself. Most people in the know thought he was a sure-fire draft pick. He'd go to all those summer camps/showcases and he more than held his own of the who's who of mid 90s high school basketball. Hangers on, ego, and run ins with the law did him in. He ended up going to a prep school, but only lasted a few weeks. He came back to Columbus and fell into his old habits. There are some people who will tell you he could have been a Lebron level talent if he could have focused more on his game and ignored all the distractions. He's working with inner city youth now in Columbus, I believe.

Carson was sort of similar. As a freshman, if people saw him play and weren't familiar with him, they'd ask where he was going to college next year. He had too many of the wrong people whispering in his ear, but did end up going to play for Bob Huggins at UC. Huggins kicked him off the team. Unfortunately, about 10 or so years ago, he was shot and killed trying to break into a house.

There was no question both those guys had the talent to play at the highest level. It's a shame life got the better of them both.
I work with Carson’s uncle. John was the best player in the state his senior year at Springfield South. A guy from the same city but different school, Catholic Central won Mr BB that year and ended up at IU. Sadly they are both gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT