ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Wedig

Highly rated out of high school and looks like a good kid. His sporadic tweeting for the past year has been all charity. And what looks like an NIL deal with Sprecher Brewery. Anyone know if any of the breweries in Btown do soda?

When he went in the portal Wisc fans saying they didn't think he had a shot at the starter role next year. He played a ton in 2022, then played a lot this year but in different positions. So, he's versatile. Played guard and tackle.

Maybe he's better under Bostad, another site said his pff grade in 2022 was 73.7 or something, and was about 5 points lower this past season. 67 or 68.

And we really need him. Good get!

Where's that put us on no. of solid players, lost two, (to Colorado) gain one?

Trey definitely wishes to play under Coach Bostad as he feels Coach Bostad will help him grow for the next level. He played under Bostad in 2022. He was highly rated coming out of high school, being the #1 rated Wisconsin FB player & #9 OL in the country. He has 2 yrs. eligibility left.

Last edited:
From his exit interview with the Wisconsin board, he was saying that the coaches at Wisconsin tried very hard to keep him from entering the portal.

He was someone they didn't want to lose.

He's a really good get for us. Coach Cig and company are cooking.

When he went in the portal Wisc fans saying they didn't think he had a shot at the starter role next year. He played a ton in 2022, then played a lot this year but in different positions. So, he's versatile. Played guard and tackle.

Maybe he's better under Bostad, another site said his pff grade in 2022 was 73.7 or something, and was about 5 points lower this past season. 67 or 68.

And we really need him. Good get!

Where's that put us on no. of solid players, lost two, (to Colorado) gain one?
Appears to have been a scheme casualty at Wisconsin due to the coaching change and offensive philosophy overhaul. I suspect he’ll be IU’s RT next season but can play on the interior as well. Would be nice if we could get Carpenter back and add a few JMU players at guard.

Here's an article from WI:

Sounds like he can help us. Looks like we might have found our RT, or at worst, a rotational player... He's hoping to start or he wouldn't be here so let's hope Bostad can bring his best to the fore and he starts for us at RT.

I'm happy he's here!

Smart man Cignetti. Recognized from the start the benefit on the field coaching and off the field recruiting BB is. He continually supports my thought with positive actions he's right for the IUFB rebuild. Sure looks like to me he more and more resembles a DeBoer model of hire. More $ poured into NIL the stronger he'll make the program product. Impressed!

I’ll say we went from no highly experienced OL returnees to … an LT (Carter) and an RT (Trey) …

Should CCC convince Carpenter to return … I think we can find serviceable guards.
The article about Wedig said Carpenter wasn’t coming back. That’s the first I had heard that, so I don’t know if he has committed elsewhere.

The article about Wedig said Carpenter wasn’t coming back. That’s the first I had heard that, so I don’t know if he has committed elsewhere.
Heard he was in the portal… and yes it seems grad transfers don’t come back … but he hasn’t announced a new team. Howland came back … after he was reported to go man an oar in Fleck’s rowboat. let’s keep dreaming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT