ADVERTISEMENT

Totally agree on the won two title is 4 years crap ...

go_iu

All-Big Ten
Feb 22, 2004
who cares! That is not the stated goal per FG, it's deep tourney runs and NC contention. Those thing don't happen under Crean even when we are uber talented. So, if FG is to be taken at his word, then it's NOT about past accomplishments and his tenure here is based on the future direction of the program ... that doesn't bode well for Crean. Nonetheless, it's fair. How many of the rest of us get to earn 3 mill and suck at our jobs every other year? Time for Crean to go and to bring in someone that consistently earns their keep. A down year is OK, but those usually are forgiven after great accomplishments in the recent past, otherwise you bring it every year.

Reactions: bsmitty08
who cares! That is not the stated goal per FG, it's deep tourney runs and NC contention. Those thing don't happen under Crean even when we are uber talented. So, if FG is to be taken at his word, then it's NOT about past accomplishments and his tenure here is based on the future direction of the program ... that doesn't bode well for Crean. Nonetheless, it's fair. How many of the rest of us get to earn 3 mill and suck at our jobs every other year? Time for Crean to go and to bring in someone that consistently earns their keep. A down year is OK, but those usually are forgiven after great accomplishments in the recent past, otherwise you bring it every year.
We want more but I will never say winning a conference title is not a good thing

Reactions: YOTHN
The 2 titles are great but after this year he will have had 18 chances to win a regular season or tournament big 10 chamionpship. He has 2. Plus the non title years, IU wasn't in the mix. If IU had been runner up a few times, maybe that would be OK but that is not the case. The swings are too big for a good program.

I wouldn't disagree, but I'd like to return to a mentality when conference titles were expected and not celebrated like a NC.

Reactions: fpeaugh

Yep is is getting very old. The only people who will remember years from now are some iu fans. Nobody else cares honestly. Fred wants national titles than prove your serious Fred.

Well, I'd qualify my statement that down years are OK after great accomplishments too ... Usually in down years, very down years, I'd expect to win the NIT as Knight did once in a very bad year for him. Crean ... I'm not sure this team that was once ranked top 10 can beat anybody, I think they've quit again on him, seriously I'd be skeptical they could win a road game against Rose Hulman and i'm not kidding.

Seriously, I would think most Duke fans think they are having a down year based upon talent and expectations ... I guess it is down for them, but to think that going from top 10 ranked to MAYBE NIT is on the same level of down is ridiculous. We suck, we watch bad play, they QUIT on him and this has happened before.

Seriously, I would think most Duke fans think they are having a down year based upon talent and expectations ... I guess it is down for them, but to think that going from top 10 ranked to MAYBE NIT is on the same level of down is ridiculous. We suck, we watch bad play, they QUIT on him and this has happened before.
Duke is poised for another Final Four run.....so not sure how they get into the conversation about IU's two fantastic regular season titles and total strikeouts on everything else.

We have the EXACT same record as Illinois ! Isn't their coach getting fired ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT