ADVERTISEMENT

Topic for slow times. What IU basketball game have you rewatched the most?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
IU vs North Carolina 1984 NCAA Tournament “Dakich shuts down Jordan” game.

When I was a kid I used to watch the IU vs North Carolina game all the time. We had the game taped on VHS and I’d be surprised if I haven’t seen it over a 100 times.

What’s funny is I was 10 years old when the game took place and had an extremely strict bedtime. I wasnt allowed to watch the game on tv so I snuck a radio upstairs to bed and listened to the Don Fischer game call. It was still a magical victory!

Not until I got to watch the video did I appreciate how awesome It was to see Dakich shutting down Jordan, to see a freshman Alford hitting clutch shots, Uwe Blab making his hook shot, Daryl Thomas taking on the all star Perkins, Mike Giomi, Stew Robinson coming back from an injury. It was one helluva game. It was probably one of the all time great coaching jobs in BK’s long career.

It’s fun when you’ve watched a game so many damn times you know exactly what’s going to happen. You know when a player is going to clap their hands, you know what Billy Packer is about to say on the broadcast.

So for a slow time of the year I’d love to hear what game you guys have watched over and over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News