ADVERTISEMENT

Too Soft on Crime

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Going to bump this thread every time I read an article about how soft and protective our justice system is of criminals.

Here's an example to get it going:

Theres not enough gig space on this board to cover this topic. I have a solution too. Three violent crimes and you go to the island of misfit toys that this country needs to purchase. 3 strikes and off you go. Bye Bye.

Theres not enough gig space on this board to cover this topic. I have a solution too. Three violent crimes and you go to the island of misfit toys that this country needs to purchase. 3 strikes and off you go. Bye Bye.

The problem with 3 strikes is that people being hunted for their 3rd strike know what it means and tend to figure shooting it out with police is the way to go. So it adds danger to the police. Otherwise I have no issues with it.

The problem with 3 strikes is that people being hunted for their 3rd strike know what it means and tend to figure shooting it out with police is the way to go. So it adds danger to the police. Otherwise I have no issues with it.

So a guy stabs and robs someone one time, then shoots a few more during a robbery the second time. Let's let him try it again?

3? That's far too lenient.
Back in the day when these crimes were fairly punished by the second conviction you wouldn't see the streets again until you were in your twilight years. I guess thats racist now? That just does not happen anymore. Most of these criminals have rap sheets with over 10 crimes and they run free.

No, the problem with three strikes laws is that people get sent away for very long sentences for relatively minor crimes. If states limited three strikes to violent crime, it might be different, but then JDB has a point: why not just one strike.

No, the problem with three strikes laws is that people get sent away for very long sentences for relatively minor crimes. If states limited three strikes to violent crime, it might be different, but then JDB has a point: why not just one strike.

Correct, but I was responding to FTW did stipulate "violent" crime. So it isn't just simple burglary, where locking up someone for life for 3 robberies would be bad.

But 3 assaults, murders, rapes, etc? Sure. But I still think a much stronger 1st sentence with better drug treatment and job training for when they get out would be better.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Correct, but I was responding to FTW did stipulate "violent" crime. So it isn't just simple burglary, where locking up someone for life for 3 robberies would be bad.

But 3 assaults, murders, rapes, etc? Sure. But I still think a much stronger 1st sentence with better drug treatment and job training for when they get out would be better.
I think Escape From New York has some good concepts.

The problem we have is like a lot of things. We have 52 different versions of laws and punishments.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Becasuse nobody gets convicted anymore. The 3 strike rule could be two like bloom said but I am applying the rules in todays America.

The island idea is the right to live here. You commit violent crimes you get sent away to a place where its darn near impossible to come back. That may make people think about what they are doing before they do it.

Becasuse nobody gets convicted anymore. The 3 strike rule could be two like bloom said but I am applying the rules in todays America.

The island idea is the right to live here. You commit violent crimes you get sent away to a place where its darn near impossible to come back. That may make people think about what they are doing before they do it.
Then never tell anyone how awesome that place is. That way never want to leave, but if you commit a felony there, you're executed.

This would make a great movie.

You stole that from me. I advocated for penal transportation on this forum years ago. Except I don't think we need an island. I think we just evacuate Florida, and build a wall along the entire border, and just dump criminals over the wall. Let them build their own little Australia with the alligators.

Reactions: larsIU
You stole that from me. I advocated for penal transportation on this forum years ago. Except I don't think we need an island. I think we just evacuate Florida, and build a wall along the entire border, and just dump criminals over the wall. Let them build their own little Australia with the alligators.
Did not steal it from you, but I'll give you credit. The island needs to be off South Africa at least 100 miles offshore in shark infested waters. They can have their own little justice system on the island as well.

Reactions: NPT
That's how Florida started.

No, not exactly. I think we should 1) have longer sentences up front 2) better attempts at rehabilitation during those sentences.
I assume a benefit of having tougher sentences up front is it keeps them in jail when they are younger and on average most dangerous.

Does anyone have any statistics on the ages of when criminals were released? And if it plays a role for repeat offenders?

Ulrey = soft on crime
Joe Biden Veep GIF by GIPHY News

I think Escape From New York has some good concepts.
As a reminder, Hollywood remade White Men Can't Jump before it remade EFNY. Damn, if there's any movie that is BEGGING to be remade....

The island needs to be off South Africa at least 100 miles offshore in shark infested waters
Madagascar? Don't know how those residents are gonna feel about that.

Biden's America. Next summer will be so ugly I don't think anyone has yet to comprehend. Soros and his goons are going to unleash hell. Will make the summer of love look like a picnic.

Biden's America. Next summer will be so ugly I don't think anyone has yet to comprehend. Soros and his goons are going to unleash hell. Will make the summer of love look like a picnic.

Those phones are useless to looters. They would be bricked by the end of the evening, and it looks like some them took a beating in the process.

Have you heard of Jamf or JumpCloud?

The police are catching on to these groups. There was an arrest in Indianapolis the other day with the organizer of a flash mob.

Going to bump this thread every time I read an article about how soft and protective our justice system is of criminals.

Here's an example to get it going:

She should have the same thing done to her 30 straight days….and of course no welfare for the rest of her life

Reactions: Bloom.
One of these days, Soros is going to keel over dead and extreme right wing conspiracy theorists are going to have to scramble to figure out who the next boogie man is going to be.

Actually, who am I kidding. Several of them are still blaming Hugo Chavez for Dominion voting machines software. I think I will try to see if can start my own conspiracy theory!

You heard it here first: Just before Soros is going to die, he will somehow transfer his consciousness into the voting machine software so that he can influence elections for decades to come! This must be stopped now!

Reactions: zeke4ahs
One of these days, Soros is going to keel over dead and extreme right wing conspiracy theorists are going to have to scramble to figure out who the next boogie man is going to be.

Actually, who am I kidding. Several of them are still blaming Hugo Chavez for Dominion voting machines software. I think I will try to see if can start my own conspiracy theory!

You heard it here first: Just before Soros is going to die, he will somehow transfer his consciousness into the voting machine software so that he can influence elections for decades to come! This must be stopped now!
The transition is already in place. Thankfully Elon is hitting back.

• Love
Reactions: GooGooGoo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT