ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Perkins (sounds like he's coming here to me)

I picked up on your sarcasm. Some of these posters are ridiculous. I don’t know how you could turn getting at top 15 player in the class into a negative. I guess people think it’s impossible to add shooters with the other 6.. yes f***ing 6!!! scholarships we have left.
There are several people on here who have written Woodson off beyond salvage, if they ever gave him a chance at all. At this point they cannot admit to themselves that he might in any way have a clue of what he is doing.

Last edited:
I picked up on your sarcasm. Some of these posters are ridiculous. I don’t know how you could turn getting at top 15 player in the class into a negative. I guess people think it’s impossible to add shooters with the other 6.. yes f***ing 6!!! scholarships we have left.
I wonder if college sports gets to the point where you would have extra scholarships but not enough NiL left to fill them?

I wonder if college sports gets to the point where you would have extra scholarships but not enough NiL left to fill them?
I just want IU to field a team of 20, who cares about scholarships at this point, give them 50k extra in NIL to pay for it. A few are bound to be able to shoot.

Tucker and Malik for sure got promised 500k+. I would be shocked if Malik isn't promised close to a million.

I just want IU to field a team of 20, who cares about scholarships at this point, give them 50k extra in NIL to pay for it. A few are bound to be able to shoot.

Tucker and Malik for sure got promised 500k+. I would be shocked if Malik isn't promised close to a million.
500k I bet they got way more than that. I bet they both got over a million easy. And I am sure MM is demanding more thatn a million to come back. They know woodson has a big bag of cash MM can just threaten to leave if woodson does not give him what he wants. Each year the numbers are going to go higher and higher as the NCAA basically just turns into the NBA 2.0

500k I bet they got way more than that. I bet they both got over a million easy. And I am sure MM is demanding more thatn a million to come back. They know woodson has a big bag of cash MM can just threaten to leave if woodson does not give him what he wants. Each year the numbers are going to go higher and higher as the NCAA basically just turns into the NBA 2.0
No chance.

NIL figures are so inflated that it has become nonsense at this point.

The two guys it sound like woodson is going to be able to buy are perkins and the high school kid. Neither are good outside shooters which pretty much answers the question about woodson changing the offense. Nothing will change he is going to be running the exact same offense and shooting very few three's
Be patient, there are 5 maybe 6 other scholarships

Is there a point where the fans lose their interest in their own school? Where players change every year and it is a new team each season.
Would it ever get to the point where it was true minor league for the NBA, grades not needed?
If you had to be accepted into the university first, then try out for the team, would anyone watch? First I am accepted into the IU music school or business school and then I try out for a team -football, basketball, etc.

Reactions: dr.jb
There are several people on here who have written Woodson off beyond salvage, if they ever gave him a chance at all. At this point they cannot admit to themselves that he might in any way have a clue of what he is doing.

I would be one of those people.

What have you seen that makes you think he has a clue?

You're complaining about literally everything. Perkins doesn't solve our shooting problem. But he's a good player at a position of need and all you do is shit on anything good. There's plenty of bad to shit on...adding a guy like Perkins ain't it.
A position of need. Just because he’s a guard doesn’t mean we need him. We need guards that can shoot a good % from behind the arc. Defense’s know you don’t have consistent 3pt shooters are going to pack the paint and it’s going to be the same shit show.

I would be one of those people.

What have you seen that makes you think he has a clue?
Yea. He’s had three years. We aren’t close to winning a conference or doing much in the tourney. Obviously we just had a bad season and have been struggling with getting our primary recruiting targets (Boogie, McN, Queen). The trend is down in year 3, that’s not good, we were supposed to be competing for meaningful things by now. A lot of people forgot the original goals.

We have $6-7M NIL and Woody is going to buy some talented players — it’s impossible not too with that much cash. IU and therefore Woody are blessed with generous donors. There will always be some hope with the next 5*(s).

Is something happening with IUBB that suggests we are doing something different? Not yet. Maybe over the next month we’ll see a better roster.

Should we have a coach no other decent program would hire? Probably not.

We’ll see a 4th year and maybe more. I don’t think it takes that many years to know if Woody is going to do much. We will find out if he can figure it out. It would be nice to have a better coach using all this NIL — IUBB could do great things with the right coach, which would be very good for the players and fans. How fun would a tourney run be right now?

Last edited:
Is there a point where the fans lose their interest in their own school? Where players change every year and it is a new team each season.
Would it ever get to the point where it was true minor league for the NBA, grades not needed?
If you had to be accepted into the university first, then try out for the team, would anyone watch? First I am accepted into the IU music school or business school and then I try out for a team -football, basketball, etc.
I am already starting to lose interest but the fact we have not been good in a very long time adds to that alot. But if it does become like an NBA minor league I am pretty sure I will not watch that much other than the tournament. I already watch way less than I did under crean, sampson, or davis and you just find other things to do instead of revolving your life around when all the games are.

Yea. He’s had three years. We aren’t close to winning a conference or doing much in the tourney. Obviously we just had a bad season and have been struggling with getting our primary recruiting targets (Boogie, McN, Queen). The trend is down in year 3, that’s not good, we were supposed to be competing for meaningful things by now. A lot of people forgot the original goals.

We have $6-7M NIL and Woody is going to buy some talented players — it’s impossible not too with that much cash. IU and therefore Woody are blessed with generous donors. There will always be some hope with the next 5*(s).

Is something happening with IUBB that suggests we are doing something different? Not yet. Maybe over the next month we’ll see a better roster.

Should we have a coach no other decent program would hire? Probably not.

We’ll see a 4th year and maybe more. I don’t think it takes that many years to know if Woody is going to do much. We will find out if he can figure it out. It would be nice to have a better coach using all this NIL — IUBB could do great things with the right coach, which would be very good for the players and fans.
After getting run out of the building in two straight NCAA tourneys with TJD on the team pretty much made me realize it would probably take a fluke to ever advance past the second round with the current coach. I really have a hard time seeing him reach the sweet sixeteen unless he had a team of very very high level talent.

A position of need. Just because he’s a guard doesn’t mean we need him. We need guards that can shoot a good % from behind the arc. Defense’s know you don’t have consistent 3pt shooters are going to pack the paint and it’s going to be the same shit show.
He's also a playmaker, has size, good defender, can get to the rim (playmaker) and a good FT shooter. Not every person we get to fill out our roster is going to be a 40% #FG shooter. Nor do they all need to be.

He's also a playmaker, has size, good defender, can get to the rim (playmaker) and a good FT shooter. Not every person we get to fill out our roster is going to be a 40% #FG shooter. Nor do they all need to be.
How is he going to get to the rim when the paint is packed because we have NO SHOOTERS? This isn’t the NBA where defensive 3 seconds is called.

I am already starting to lose interest but the fact we have not been good in a very long time adds to that alot. But if it does become like an NBA minor league I am pretty sure I will not watch that much other than the tournament. I already watch way less than I did under crean, sampson, or davis and you just find other things to do instead of revolving your life around when all the games are.
Your drop in watching is the same for me.

How is he going to get to the rim when the paint is packed because we have NO SHOOTERS? This isn’t the NBA where defensive 3 seconds is called.
We have 6 more scholarships…..I’d hope a shooter is there, although I said the same last year.

Reactions: Al Bino
Can we rename these threads the trolls take over Bitchfest 2024 and put them in their own sub forum so fans that don't want to read their same regurgitation aren't inundated?

TIA

Reactions: asindc and T.M.P.
He won't need to just pass it to Mack for an open three or take the middy. And, then wonder why in the fk the other coach is so damn stupid that he put five in the paint.

He won't need to just pass it to Mack for an open three or take the middy. And, then wonder why in the fk the other coach is so damn stupid that he put five in the paint.
Did I say five in the paint. You have 1 player that shoots decent from 3. Teams play zone and force Indiana to take 3’s and it’s over.

At the end of the day, all the talent in the world won’t overcome Woody’s coaching. That’s the piece that isn’t changing. After watching his coaching for 3 seasons, there is nothing that inspires confidence he can do much with whatever he has on hand.

You’re a loud mouth. People like you are the reason Indiana has sucked for 30 years. You talk shit and as soon as they get a player or 2 you get excited. Keep the faith genius.
For some reason a large portion of the IU basketball community has way overestimated the impact of OAD type recruits for many years.

Starting 5’s for tonight’s games

Illinois-0 freshmen
UConn-1 freshman Castle

Clemson 0 freshmen
Alabama-0 freshmen

So the remaining 8 teams have two freshmen starters-McCain for Duke (too bad about Shead) and Castle for UConn.

Last edited:
Certainly a lot of it is the disparity of strength and experience but increasing lack of fundamentals of players coming into college may also contribute.

Last edited:
Starting 5’s for tonight’s games

Illinois-0 freshmen
UConn-1 freshman Castle

Clemson 0 freshmen
Alabama-0 freshmen

So the remaining 8 teams have two freshmen starters-McCain for Duke (too bad about Shead) and Castle for UConn.
Did you include the number of portal transfers? You know, the main topic of this thread?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT