ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Perkins (sounds like he's coming here to me)

The two guys it sound like woodson is going to be able to buy are perkins and the high school kid. Neither are good outside shooters which pretty much answers the question about woodson changing the offense. Nothing will change he is going to be running the exact same offense and shooting very few three's
Well, at least you'll still have stuff to post/complain about 342x every day.

The two guys it sound like woodson is going to be able to buy are perkins and the high school kid. Neither are good outside shooters which pretty much answers the question about woodson changing the offense. Nothing will change he is going to be running the exact same offense and shooting very few three's
Holy batman STFU, you're nauseating. We're getting a 2nd team All-B10 PG and a 5* wing who can defend at a high level and still have 5 scholarships left to recruit shooters.

Holy batman STFU, you're nauseating. We're getting a 2nd team All-B10 PG and a 5* wing who can defend at a high level and still have 5 scholarships left to recruit shooters.
Does Tucker defend well? I only watched a couple games and mostly highlights, it didn't look like he was overly interested in defending from what I saw. But again, that was a limited sample size. And I haven't really read much about him.

They need shooters. Not 26% from 3.

Does Tucker defend well? I only watched a couple games and mostly highlights, it didn't look like he was overly interested in defending from what I saw. But again, that was a limited sample size. And I haven't really read much about him.
All the scouting reports I've read indicate he's a willing and potential high level defender due to his size and athleticism. How that translates in year 1 is anybody's guess however.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
They need shooters. Not 26% from 3.
Exactly but I was just told I am just complaining because I dare question that. Seems it will jsut be rinse and repeat with the offense again. Like last spring he can probably put a team together that looks good on paper but will be flawed once again in key areass.

Exactly but I was just told I am just complaining because I dare question that. Seems it will jsut be rinse and repeat with the offense again. Like last spring he can probably put a team together that looks good on paper but will be flawed once again in key areass.
They need to recruit over some players and hope they leave or the entire staff will be fired.

If these additions come to fruition
This improves IUs 24-25 condition
Need better shooters at this position
But recruiting off to hot ignition.

Next...

Reactions: brianiu

I know Perkins said we reached out to him. Has he said he's interested? Seems like speculation at this point.

LEO!

So if our incoming group is Tucker, Perkins, Blazi, Hickman, a rim protector, a back up big, and say Blackmon. How would you rate that group? Assuming MM stays, which is still the big unknown

Would give us Perkins, Hickman, and Cupps who can handle it.
At the 2/3 spots, you would still have Hickman, Trey, Newton, Blackmon, and Leal
at the 3/4 Tucker, MM, and Blazi
at the 4/5 Reneau, and 2 others from the portal

Blazi seems like a big wild card but probably not going to help much in year 1--so we can stash him like Newton for a year (yes Newton was injury-related, but still),

Hickman, Blackman, and MM can all shoot it, and I think MM would be better as a stretch 4 as opposed to a 3. Tucker gives the athleticism on the wing we were missing and leaves MR more room than he had this year to operate.

Gives Cupps a less pressured role than this year and think the less responsibility he has next year, the better he will perform as he was thrown in way to early and much this year and allows Trey to be more of a facilitator and defender and less of go-to guy which he had to do at times when X was out and hopefully allows Leal to finally be able to be a spot up shooter.

Not sure what the floor or ceiling of that group would be, but it would be a better mix than we had this year for sure--that said we probably do not get any of that and this was a waste of time to type!!!

You're complaining about literally everything. Perkins doesn't solve our shooting problem. But he's a good player at a position of need and all you do is shit on anything good. There's plenty of bad to shit on...adding a guy like Perkins ain't it.

I know Perkins said we reached out to him. Has he said he's interested? Seems like speculation at this point.
Saw on Twitter that he's 'liked' every IU post made in relation to him, FWIW (which may be nothing). I'd heard Perkins to IU rumors back when they came here to play in February(?).

So if our incoming group is Tucker, Perkins, Blazi, Hickman, a rim protector, a back up big, and say Blackmon. How would you rate that group? Assuming MM stays, which is still the big unknown

Would give us Perkins, Hickman, and Cupps who can handle it.
At the 2/3 spots, you would still have Hickman, Trey, Newton, Blackmon, and Leal
at the 3/4 Tucker, MM, and Blazi
at the 4/5 Reneau, and 2 others from the portal

Blazi seems like a big wild card but probably not going to help much in year 1--so we can stash him like Newton for a year (yes Newton was injury-related, but still),

Hickman, Blackman, and MM can all shoot it, and I think MM would be better as a stretch 4 as opposed to a 3. Tucker gives the athleticism on the wing we were missing and leaves MR more room than he had this year to operate.

Gives Cupps a less pressured role than this year and think the less responsibility he has next year, the better he will perform as he was thrown in way to early and much this year and allows Trey to be more of a facilitator and defender and less of go-to guy which he had to do at times when X was out and hopefully allows Leal to finally be able to be a spot up shooter.

Not sure what the floor or ceiling of that group would be, but it would be a better mix than we had this year for sure--that said we probably do not get any of that and this was a waste of time to type!!!
Need a PG

That was picked to finish 6th? Only the most optimistic of optimists thought this was a top 15 team, site unseen.
I am not saying it was alot of people but there were some. I am still waiting for all these staff changes we were told needed to happen to shake things up. Where is this new gm? If woodson lands Perkins and the hs kid that tells me three point shooting will again not be a priority. Those two along with galloway will eat up most of the minutes in the back court and none are good three point shooters.

I am not saying it was alot of people but there were some. I am still waiting for all these staff changes we were told needed to happen to shake things up. Where is this new gm? If woodson lands Perkins and the hs kid that tells me three point shooting will again not be a priority. Those two along with galloway will eat up most of the minutes in the back court and none are good three point shooters.
If we start:
Perkins
Galloway
Tucker
MM
MR

That’s a talented 5 but still not much shooting

Who told you there was going to be staff changes? A GM? We have a visit with Hickman scheduled this weekend who is an elite 3 pointer shooter and trying to get Blackmon on campus who is also an elite shooter.

Sounds like you need to stay off the internet. Would be beneficial to more than just yourself.

We need a playmaker at the PG spot. Cupps did nothing offensively
We needed one last year. And we probably will again this year, which is why Perkins is such a good fit. But if Woodson can get a handful of good scorer/shooters on the wing, Gabe becomes A LOT more valuable with his minutes.

Reactions: turney333
Last night listening to assembly call coach broke it down pretty good that maybe we should wait on the best pg available since nothing is going to change in his offense and Woodson has to have a elite point guard for his offense and a rim protector.

If we start:
Perkins
Galloway
Tucker
MM
MR

That’s a talented 5 but still not much shooting
It is alot of raw talent but we had the most talent in the big ten this year as well on paper. There is no shooting like you said but I never expected woodson to change his offense anyway so I suppose shooters dont really fit in anyway. I also think the loss of ware down low will be pretty massive MR will not be anyting like ware when it comes to rim protecting. Ware was the type of guy you dont have very often.

Last night listening to assembly call coach broke it down pretty good that maybe we should wait on the best pg available since nothing is going to change in his offense and Woodson has to have a elite point guard for his offense and a rim protector.

I think we all knew woodson would not change his offense at all. He needs several elite and very athletic guards in the backcourt to run his offense and make it work. Even if he got a couple of spot up three point shooters with his offense they are not utilized anyway. Look at Miller Koop as an example.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Combo guard but handles the ball better than you would think.

His poor ball handling cost Bradley two games last year in the final seconds. Indiana State stripped him at the end of regulation in Terre Haute as did Drake in the MVC semifinal game.

I grew up in Peoria and watch a lot of Bradley basketball. Hickman will be an okay BigTen player, but he’s not going to be able to play point.

His poor ball handling cost Bradley two games last year in the final seconds. Indiana State stripped him at the end of regulation in Terre Haute as did Drake in the MVC semifinal game.

I grew up in Peoria and watch a lot of Bradley basketball. Hickman will be an okay BigTen player, but he’s not going to be able to play point.
He wouldn't play point here either, especially if Perkins commits. Was commenting on his ballhandling skills. He is what I would call a true combo guard.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT