ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight - Tuesday Night - Fairfield at Xavier, 9 P.M. - FS2

And the 20 point betting underdog lead by 2 at the half.
FS2=Comcast 328.

Xavier up 70-62 with about 3 mins to go. Not that impressive over a second tier team like Fairfield. Xavier last in their conference in free throw shooting (announcer said), so we should be able to defend aggressively without fear of fouling. Have watched the last five minutes of the game, and I'm sure we can take them in their own house. Doesn't seem to be a well-oiled machine.

Zach Freemantle with a triple'double, and the big seven footer at center might be the only threats. Then again, what do I know from 5 minutes?

FS2=Comcast 328.

Xavier up 70-62 with about 3 mins to go. Not that impressive over a second tier team like Fairfield. Xavier last in their conference in free throw shooting (announcer said), so we should be able to defend aggressively without fear of fouling. Have watched the last five minutes of the game, and I'm sure we can take them in their own house. Doesn't seem to be a well-oiled machine.

Zach Freemantle with a triple'double, and the big seven footer at center might be the only threats. Then again, what do I know from 5 minutes?
Boum sp? Will give the Hoosiers a headache. When IU walks into that gym, whatever happened in this game doesent matter. Different mindset. IU has to play very well IMHO to win Friday.

A couple of random thoughts:

I haven't seen Xavier the school play yet, but just thinking about things from an intangibles perspective:

Last night was a little bit of a trap game for them.

I am not crazy about having over a week off while our opponent played last night.

I do expect a relatively easy win for IU.

As much as I expect to win, and want to see an easy win, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the long term for this team to face some adversity. Am I the only one concerned that our players keep hearing about how they are the greatest collection of talent in the history of sports?

How did former Hoosier boy play?
He had 0 pts, 2 R, 0 assists, 1 bock, 3 fouls & 2 TO in 7 mins last night. Similar numbers against Montana last week.

Had a good game against Morgan state to start the year with 11/9/2 in 17 min but had 4 fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT