ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean and Georgia

...along with 28 assists, while 14 of 15 players contributed to scoring 110 points, with 5 players in double figures, and playing 12 players in 10+ minutes playing time, in the 34 point win...

Good luck to Coach Crean and his new program, and to Coach David and Coach Sampson too as they start their seasons as well.

Im excited to focus on Coach Miller’s team and the deep, talented, group of current Hoosiers this season. Last nights game in person, I was impressed with how strong and fit the IU players look this year! Coach Miller has a lot of tools to piece together, and if they figure it out, could be a really fun season!

...along with 28 assists, while 14 of 15 players contributed to scoring 110 points, with 5 players in double figures, and playing 12 players in 10+ minutes playing time, in the 34 point win...

Good luck to Coach Crean and his new program, and to Coach David and Coach Sampson too as they start their seasons as well.

Im excited to focus on Coach Miller’s team and the deep, talented, group of current Hoosiers this season. Last nights game in person, I was impressed with how strong and fit the IU players look this year! Coach Miller has a lot of tools to piece together, and if they figure it out, could be a really fun season!

IU also put up big number against crappy teams under Crean.

Right now we're putting up big numbers under Archie...These first two teams have been pathetic!
Marquette will be a big wake up.
They'll challenge Nova to win the Big East.
We'll need to look better imo to get a win..

images

Coach Davis is an honorable man. Coach Calvin Samscum is not. I wish he would have stayed in the NBA. It's the place for him because you don't have to pretend to be part of an institution of higher learning while being shady. A buddy of mine said at Oklahoma there were always rumors about the coach.

Coach Davis is an honorable man. Coach Calvin Samscum is not. I wish he would have stayed in the NBA. It's the place for him because you don't have to pretend to be part of an institution of higher learning while being shady. A buddy of mine said at Oklahoma there were always rumors about the coach.
Dumb

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Right now we're putting up big numbers under Archie...These first two teams have been pathetic!
Marquette will be a big wake up.
They'll challenge Nova to win the Big East.
We'll need to look better imo to get a win..
Marquette will be a nice little snack along the way. Arkansas on the road will be tougher. Duke will be the measuring stick. I will be going to that game.

I appreciate Coach Crean's efforts to bring IU basketball back after all of the turmoil. I think he sincerely gave it everything he had to give in terms of representing IU basketball in a positive way as he worked to rebuild the program. I'm super excited to see if Coach Miller can get IU basketball back into the top 10 consistently year in and year out. I wish Tom Crean the best in his new job and if the end result works out well for Georgia and IU . . . just peachy.

Appreciate your positive post as opposed to those who trash the past.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosty83 and Lucy01
Shocker, Georgia with 23 turnovers vs Savannah St in Crean's debut. I sure don't miss the sloppy basketball!!
They are improving. Georgia had 26 turnovers against West Georgia in their exhibition game. Not only that, Crean was afraid they would lose that game because WG was running a zone defense and the Bulldogs hadn't prepared for that, dontcha know. But, with his quick thinking, he saved the day and on the fly, taught his team a zone offense in the tunnel during half time. How many coaches could say they can do that?! And, to add to his brilliance, he allowed his 6'11 big man to take the ball up the court a few times. The kid couldn't believe it! All this info came straight from his interview with the Red & Black, Georgia's school paper.

He's a real renaissance man, and I don't mind celebrating him whenever we can.

They are improving. Georgia had 26 turnovers against West Georgia in their exhibition game. Not only that, Crean was afraid they would lose that game because WG was running a zone defense and the Bulldogs hadn't prepared for that, dontcha know. But, with his quick thinking, he saved the day and on the fly, taught his team a zone offense in the tunnel during half time. How many coaches could say they can do that?! And, to add to his brilliance, he allowed his 6'11 big man to take the ball up the court a few times. The kid couldn't believe it! All this info came straight from his interview with the Red & Black, Georgia's school paper.

He's a real renaissance man, and I don't mind celebrating him whenever we can.

lol....he also said they have to many loose dribblers, which is part of the reason for the 26 turnovers.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I will tell you all a quick story about Coach Crean. I took my young son to Hoosier Hysteria when Juwan was a HS senior. I met Juwan and his father and spoke to his father for about 45 minutes as they lived close to me and his father had refed a HS football game in my town. They were both very nice people.

Coach Crean part... My son and I walked through the halls where they do the press conference and where the locker rooms are located and we were just watching Coach sign autographs and shake hands. We were 30 feet away from the scene and somehow Coach noticed my son and I standing alone and observing and he walked over to us and ask my son if he would like an autograph. I said a picture would be great so Coach Crean put his arm around my son and posed for a photo. I found that to be very classy.

We also met Gary Harris and his parents in the new building where the trophies are displayed (not sure the name of it) Gary's mother just looked so proud when I immediately recognized her son and asked if I could take a photo of him with my son. That was a really great day!

I will tell you all a quick story about Coach Crean. I took my young son to Hoosier Hysteria when Juwan was a HS senior. I met Juwan and his father and spoke to his father for about 45 minutes as they lived close to me and his father had refed a HS football game in my town. They were both very nice people.

Coach Crean part... My son and I walked through the halls where they do the press conference and where the locker rooms are located and we were just watching Coach sign autographs and shake hands. We were 30 feet away from the scene and somehow Coach noticed my son and I standing alone and observing and he walked over to us and ask my son if he would like an autograph. I said a picture would be great so Coach Crean put his arm around my son and posed for a photo. I found that to be very classy.

We also met Gary Harris and his parents in the new building where the trophies are displayed (not sure the name of it) Gary's mother just looked so proud when I immediately recognized her son and asked if I could take a photo of him with my son. That was a really great day!

Nobody doubts that Crean is a fine human being. Everybody knows his coaching acumen leaves a lot to be desired though.

Yes coach crean is fine human being. Even when hes a coach on a team, sometimes hes way to unbiased that he compliments the other team too much. He was the perfect announcer.

He never met a camera he didn't like.

Reactions: IU/NDFAN
Coach Samson had to crawl and scratch a lot
up at Washington State (eighties), which is still a very difficult region to obtain decent players.
Just as Ernie Kent knows and is on the hot
seat now.

WSU hired Mike Leach quickly after his Texas Tech ouster, and the other Cougars of Houston decided that Samson's honest salary could equate to reward
before the noise comes. But unlike Leach the noise in college basketball is louder.

up at Washington State (eighties), which is still a very difficult region to obtain decent players.
seat now.

WSU hired Mike Leach quickly after his Texas Tech ouster, and the other Cougars of Houston decided that Samson's honest salary could equate to reward
before the noise comes. But unlike Leach the noise in college basketball is louder.
IU could have hired Leach in football.

Reactions: coachv jr
But how were his in game clapping skills? A little rusty from not coaching for a year?

seat now.

Some of those WS of his were very good teams. He brought them into Bloomington one year and gave Indiana what fer. The guy can coach. He just in two years wrecked our program and never once said he was sorry to the fan base. At least I am not aware that he did.

Some of those WS of his were very good teams. He brought them into Bloomington one year and gave Indiana what fer. The guy can coach. He just in two years wrecked our program and never once said he was sorry to the fan base. At least I am not aware that he did.
The administration did a good job of burying the program as well.

Here is what really frustrated me with KS. He didn't have to do what he did. Indiana sells itself. If you can coach then players are going to want to play at IU. It was totally unneeded to cheat.

Hey, VPN...you're being called to account for your racist posting on TWC. Are you hiding?

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT