ADVERTISEMENT

Today was a big day. No masks needed for vaccinated in my building!

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I live in downtown Chicago, near the corner of Michigan Ave. and Wacker Dr. it’s a 50 story building. Our building has been great about masking up and following all the rules. now, guess what? All of us who were vaccinated are getting who have our lives back to normal!

Unvaccinated guests, workers, and residents…still required to wear masks. I am absolutely loving this. Unfortunately, after fighting masks so they could “get back to normal”, they’re the last ones to get back to normal.

So now wearing a mask in my building is a “scarlet letter”. Congratulations, morons!

Last edited:
Six of ten maskless people you get on an elevator with are not jabbed. That is down from 100%.

And how would you possibly know that?
That’s what is so crazy right now. CDC says vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask. Businesses say since we don’t know who has been vaccinated, no one needs a mask. Feels like a bad logic problem.

That’s what is so crazy right now. CDC says vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask. Businesses say since we don’t know who has been vaccinated, no one needs a mask. Feels like a bad logic problem.

Per a memo yesterday, I am no longer required to wear a mask at work, but it is "recommended". I'll just have to see how that plays out. On top of that, we're supposed to follow whatever policies the places we deliver to have. Very few of our customers have been following masking guidelines (at least in the back end where I do my deliveries) but there are a few who are still pretty consistent.

I live in downtown Chicago, near the corner of Michigan Ave. and Wacker Dr. it’s a 50 story building. Our building has been great about masking up and following all the rules. now, guess what? All of us who were vaccinated are getting who have our lives back to normal!

Guests, workers, and residents…still required to wear masks. I am absolutely loving this. Unfortunately, after fighting masks so they could “get back to normal”, they’re the last ones to get back to normal.

So now wearing a mask in my building is a “scarlet letter”. Congratulations, morons!
My Chicago high rise just did the same! If you’re vaccinated, no mask necessary. Same exact thing at my gym (EBC right down Kinzie from you).

I’m not vaccinated, but I won’t be wearing a mask either.

Maybe we’ll share an elevator some day.

Reactions: Mr. Lundegaard
My Chicago high rise just did the same! If you’re vaccinated, no mask necessary. Same exact thing at my gym (EBC right down Kinzie from you).

Lol

Cool. Vaccinated people have to follow the same rules as liars.

Reactions: HooDatGuy
Cool. Vaccinated people have to follow the same rules as liars.
I do it for the thrill.

I might get it in the next couple weeks, looks like you might need it for some of the summer concert schedule.

In wait and see mode currently.

Per a memo yesterday, I am no longer required to wear a mask at work, but it is "recommended". I'll just have to see how that plays out. On top of that, we're supposed to follow whatever policies the places we deliver to have. Very few of our customers have been following masking guidelines (at least in the back end where I do my deliveries) but there are a few who are still pretty consistent.
I have a similar situation happening. I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm going to read the room.

I have a similar situation happening. I'm fully vaccinated, but I'm going to read the room.
I’m going to lead from the front. Force someone to ask me to put on a mask and then claim false vaccination to get them off my back.

J&J, May 8th, at the United Center.

Got my story down, practicing my righteous indignation a la maskers. Time to flip the script on them.

I’m going to lead from the front. Force someone to ask me to put on a mask and then claim false vaccination to get them off my back.

Got my story down, practicing my righteous indignation a la maskers. Time to flip the script on them.
Shouldn't you be bitching about IU soccer threads over on the basketball forum, Mr. Butthurt?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

I hope it's the TSA that asks.

Sometimes I like to toss a flaming bag of poop in on that board and watch them all go nuts.

Some might call it trolling I guess....
AgonizingSomeAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

It has gotten kind of slow now that the transfer portal is drying up and the season is still months off.

Last night after dinner I ran some errands, to Home Depot and to the grocery store. It was my first real shopping trip since the mask guidance changed for vaccinated folks like me, a week ago.

I carried my mask in my pocket, not knowing what stores would want or how many people would be masked. At Home Depot almost nobody wore a mask, and I kept mine in my pocket. The place was not busy, no problems, no stares, no issues, people being chill. The Home Depot employees seemed to be wearing masks. No rules were posted.

Then I went to the grocery store, Publix. Again I carried my mask in my pocket as I went in. The Publix employees seemed to be all wearing masks. No rules were posted. This time I saw that most people shopping in Publix seemed to be wearing a mask, so I put mine on. It seemed just like common courtesy. I assume that people are wary of the many unvaccinated folks and think that others will assume that they are one of them. Whatever- it was a quick 15 minute shopping trip. No biggie, mask on.

Halfway through the store and halfway into filling my cart, though, I saw her. MAGA lady. No mask. Red hat. She was loudly confronting people who were wearing masks and saying stuff like "Take that off! Why wear a mask? Are you all sheep? It's a free country, you morons".

I didn't directly pass her in the aisle and I chose not to try to have any sort of discussion with her. I was wearing a mask, but like I said, I was fine either way, and I was just trying to be courteous. Others seemed to ignore her as well, even if she directly called them morons.

What a sad display of Trumpian loser-ness.

Last night after dinner I ran some errands, to Home Depot and to the grocery store. It was my first real shopping trip since the mask guidance changed for vaccinated folks like me, a week ago.

I carried my mask in my pocket, not knowing what stores would want or how many people would be masked. At Home Depot almost nobody wore a mask, and I kept mine in my pocket. The place was not busy, no problems, no stares, no issues, people being chill. The Home Depot employees seemed to be wearing masks. No rules were posted.

Then I went to the grocery store, Publix. Again I carried my mask in my pocket as I went in. The Publix employees seemed to be all wearing masks. No rules were posted. This time I saw that most people shopping in Publix seemed to be wearing a mask, so I put mine on. It seemed just like common courtesy. I assume that people are wary of the many unvaccinated folks and think that others will assume that they are one of them. Whatever- it was a quick 15 minute shopping trip. No biggie, mask on.

Halfway through the store and halfway into filling my cart, though, I saw her. MAGA lady. No mask. Red hat. She was loudly confronting people who were wearing masks and saying stuff like "Take that off! Why wear a mask? Are you all sheep? It's a free country, you morons".

I didn't directly pass her in the aisle and I chose not to try to have any sort of discussion with her. I was wearing a mask, but like I said, I was fine either way, and I was just trying to be courteous. Others seemed to ignore her as well, even if she directly called them morons.

What a sad display of Trumpian loser-ness.
Another made up story

Did you want me to live stream it? Home Depot on Indiantown road in Jupiter at 7:30-ish, Publix Jupiter-Abacoa at 8:15-ish. I'm all set for tacos, Mexican chicken soup, and takeout dinner on Saturday, since we need to clean out the garage to get hurricane window and door installed next week. Need any plywood? I'm gonna be 100% impact windows from now on, baby.

Did you want me to live stream it? Home Depot on Indiantown road in Jupiter at 7:30-ish, Publix Jupiter-Abacoa at 8:15-ish. I'm all set for tacos, Mexican chicken soup, and takeout dinner on Saturday, since we need to clean out the garage to get hurricane window and door installed next week. Need any plywood? I gonna be 100% impact from now on, baby.
Start wearing a GoPro

I wonder what MAGA lady would have done had I pulled out my cell phone and started recording. I wish I had! Maybe I'd be going viral! Jump-start my retirement career as a "social media influencer".

Reactions: TommyCracker
I wonder what MAGA lady would have done had I pulled out my cell phone and started recording. I wish I had! Maybe I'd be going viral! Jump-start my retirement career as a "social media influencer".
I truly hope you actually live in this world of MAGA caricatures that you relay to us on this board. Because if you're making it up, that is some severe mental illness my friend.

Reactions: F.Fletch
I truly hope you actually live in this world of MAGA caricatures that you relay to us on this board. Because if you're making it up, that is some severe mental illness my friend.
I have two neighbors flying "Trump 2024" flags. One of them also has hand-written signs stuck in their windows ranting about how schools are never going to muzzle their kids and how they refuse to "live in fear".

"Florida man" is real, but thankfully, he is not me.

I just got an email saying my employer is going to have HR attach stickers to everyone's key card ID designating them as vaccinated, or not.
Well, technically:
“verified”
or
“non-verified”

If you refuse to say, the default is "non-verfied" and you must always wear a mask, must always social distance, must quarantine after all travel, must get tested twice weekly, and you are barred from common gathering areas.

Reactions: tbone6004
I have two neighbors flying "Trump 2024" flags. One of them also has hand-written signs stuck in their windows ranting about how schools are never going to muzzle their kids and how they refuse to "live in fear".

"Florida man" is real, but thankfully, he is not me.

I just got an email saying my employer is going to have HR attach stickers to everyone's key card ID designating them as vaccinated, or not.
Well, technically:
“verified”
or
“non-verified”

If you refuse to say, the default is "unverfied" and you must always wear a mask, must always social distance, must quarantine after all travel, must get tested twice weekly, and you are barred from common gathering areas.
Sounds like a fun place to work!

At my company everyone still needs to wear masks, and wipe down public spaces with bleach water after you get up from a meeting, or whatever. It was proposed by a few individuals that, just maybe, those who provided proof to HR that they had been vaccinated could be exempt from the mask mandate, but we're told that, "this would not be fair, and would unjustly call attention to those who choose not to vaccinate."

So we vaccinated folk need to wear masks and wipe shit down with bleach for no reason whatsoever. Except to "be fair" to morons.

What a clown show.

Reactions: IUJIM and brianiu
At my company everyone still needs to wear masks, and wipe down public spaces with bleach water after you get up from a meeting, or whatever. It was proposed by a few individuals that, just maybe, those who provided proof to HR that they had been vaccinated could be exempt from the mask mandate, but we're told that, "this would not be fair, and would unjustly call attention to those who choose not to vaccinate."

So we vaccinated folk need to wear masks and wipe shit down with bleach for no reason whatsoever. Except to "be fair" to morons.

What a clown show.
Sounds like the pub version of Critical Covid Theory.

Sounds like a university. How the hell else do you think he got this way. He wouldn’t make it ten minutes riding around in fletch’s truck
There's at least one faculty member I know who has milked cows by hand, baled hay, stacked it in the barn, detassled corn, chopped out volunteer corn with a machete, plowed all day, cultivated all day, started driving our smallest tractor (John Deere 420) at age 6, rode in the bed of a truck on the way to the feed store, and worked 3rd shift at Regal Rugs to save money for college books. No silver spoon on my resume.

There's at least one faculty member I know who has milked cows by hand, baled hay, stacked it in the barn, detassled corn, chopped out volunteer corn with a machete, plowed all day, cultivated all day, started friving the samllest tractor (420) at age 6, rode in the bed of a truck on the way to the feed store, and worked 3rd shift at Regal Rugs to save money for college books. No silver spoon on my resume.
That’s all well and good but you should drive over to Garfield Park with Fletch and tell the young men standing on the street corner to either get vaccinated or maintain masking and distancing.

That’s all well and good but you should drive over to Garfield Park with Fletch and tell the young men standing on the street corner to either get vaccinated or maintain masking and distancing.
Or riviera beach. Right down the street from him

Yeah, at the same time they say the vaccine is 96% effective and stories of some vaccinated individuals contracting and dying of Covid are being shared. What a bunch of phonies! I’ll keep my mask on, thank you. I wore a mask 8 hours a day for over 15 years as a working stiff dentist (the other 17 years, no mask (or latex gloves). We entered our patients “bare-headed” as I always used to like to tell ‘em. It’s no biggie pulling it up from my ears when someone gets within 6’.

Fewer people recognize me with my mask over my face. I don’t get as hassled for autographs when all I really want is a quiet meal out with my wife. “Dr abraxis, is that YOU?”

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT