ADVERTISEMENT

Today was a big day. No masks needed for vaccinated in my building!

Or riviera beach. Right down the street from him

Why wouldn't I go to Riviera Beach? I kayaked from Phil Foster Park under the Blue Heron bridge to Peanut Island last Saturday. Granted, I am not stopping at any of the check-cashing package stores after dark.

Palm Beach County closed their mass vaccination sites and put the money into mobile vaccination RVs, going to Riviera Beach, Lake Worth, Belle Glade, Pahokee, and other places with large minority populations that aren't getting jabbed. Hopefully it will work.

Why wouldn't I go to Riviera Beach? I kayaked from Phil Foster Park under the Blue Heron bridge to Peanut Island last Saturday. Granted, I am not stopping at any of the check-cashing package stores after dark.

Palm Beach County closed their mass vaccination sites and put the money into mobile vaccination RVs, going to Riviera Beach, Lake Worth, Belle Glade, Pahokee, and other places with large minority populations that aren't getting jabbed. Hopefully it will work.
Pahokee lmao. The cite of the largest no mask Covid violating party in all of fla. 600 people when gatherings were limited to ten. made national news. You’re in fantasyland again.

Last edited:
Pahokee lmao. The cite of the largest no mask Covid violating party in all of fla. 600 people when gatherings were limited to ten. made national news. You’re in fantasyland again.
Why am I in fantasyland, hoping that better access to vaccines leads more people to get vaccinated?

DeSantis greased the skids for Publix Supermarkets to be the go-to vaccination sites in Florida. Jupiter FL has 10 Publix stores, all with pharmacies. One every mile, practically. How many Publix are there in Belle Glade? Zero. Pahokee? Zero. Clewiston? Zero. There is a trend.

Tamar Bates thread is blowing up. It's high entertainment.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Why am I in fantasyland, hoping that better access to vaccines leads more people to get vaccinated?

DeSantis greased the skids for Publix Supermarkets to be the go-to vaccination sites in Florida. Jupiter FL has 10 Publix stores, all with pharmacies. One every mile, practically. How many Publix are there in Belle Glade? Zero. Pahokee? Zero. Clewiston? Zero. There is a trend.
You’re in fantasyland with your incessant condemnation of trumpers not wearing masks when you’re surrounded by people who are as far away from being trumpers as it gets who refuse to wear masks.

You’re in fantasyland with your incessant condemnation of trumpers not wearing masks when you’re surrounded by people who are as far away from being trumpers as it gets who refuse to wear masks.
I don't live in Pahokee or Riviera Beach.

Every neighbor I know that had a Biden sign in their yard (which all came down a long time ago) have been wearing their masks. Every neighbor I know that had a Trump sign in their yard (and they still have it up, with flags too)have always called a mask a Democrat face diaper and acted like a spolled brat any time someone insisted that they wear one.

This pandemic has been useful in helping identify the turd neighbors from the non-turd neighbors.

I don't live in Pahokee or Riviera Beach.

Every neighbor I know that had a Biden sign in their yard (which all came down a long time ago) have been wearing their masks. Every neighbor I know that had a Trump sign in their yard (and they still have it up, with flags too)have always called a mask a Democrat face diaper and acted like a spolled brat any time someone insisted that they wear one.

This pandemic has been useful in helping identify the turd neighbors from the non-turd neighbors.
you wear a mask alright - over your eyes. the biggest covid spreading block parties in pbc when the gatherings were limited to ten weren't trumpers. 600 person block party during the throes of covid restrictions in pbc. endless house parties etc. those sure as hell weren't republican trumpers. right?

When the cdc made these quick announcements on the easing of restrictions my first thought was WTF?

1. Those that are anti mask in my small circle are also anti-vax so we're kidding ourselves if we think some kind of honor system is going to be effective.

2. I doubt governors and mayor's were given the heads up so it was probably horrible message execution.

3. I dread for the entry level worker who is going to be asked to enforce this somehow.

Again the whole thing is non-sensical to me.

The only thing that I can make sense of this move is if there is some evil, liberal plot to kill off Anti-Vaxxers.

Supposedly an overwhelmingly large percent of covid induced hospitalizations are from un-vaxxed people these days.

So since we have free vaccines that people don't want to take advantage of. Open back up to normal and watch the un-vaxxed struggle and infect each other with the virus.

Oh and allow insurance companies the ability to opt out of paying for covid care if you're not vaxxed since it's free and available.

It's a liberal evil conspiracy!!!

As a side note, I have heard that there is a buzz about serious anti vaxxers are masking up because they are worried about being infected by those that have been vaxxed.

I'm guessing it's a very small number but still...that cracks my ass up.

Reactions: DrHoops
When the cdc made these quick announcements on the easing of restrictions my first thought was WTF?
This is getting into the weeds, but the CDC changed their guidance -- they weren't in the "restrictions" business. That was the states and localities. But since the states and localities were basing their restrictions on the CDC guidance, they were the ones who were blindsided, as were businesses doing their best to keep their employees and customers safe.

Anecdotally, those who were going through the motions on masking have stopped the charade, and most had done so long ago. Once the vaccines got into the arms of the most vulnerable it was time for the CDC to acknowledge the reality on the ground.

Last edited:
Last night after dinner I ran some errands, to Home Depot and to the grocery store. It was my first real shopping trip since the mask guidance changed for vaccinated folks like me, a week ago.

I carried my mask in my pocket, not knowing what stores would want or how many people would be masked. At Home Depot almost nobody wore a mask, and I kept mine in my pocket. The place was not busy, no problems, no stares, no issues, people being chill. The Home Depot employees seemed to be wearing masks. No rules were posted.

Then I went to the grocery store, Publix. Again I carried my mask in my pocket as I went in. The Publix employees seemed to be all wearing masks. No rules were posted. This time I saw that most people shopping in Publix seemed to be wearing a mask, so I put mine on. It seemed just like common courtesy. I assume that people are wary of the many unvaccinated folks and think that others will assume that they are one of them. Whatever- it was a quick 15 minute shopping trip. No biggie, mask on.

Halfway through the store and halfway into filling my cart, though, I saw her. MAGA lady. No mask. Red hat. She was loudly confronting people who were wearing masks and saying stuff like "Take that off! Why wear a mask? Are you all sheep? It's a free country, you morons".

I didn't directly pass her in the aisle and I chose not to try to have any sort of discussion with her. I was wearing a mask, but like I said, I was fine either way, and I was just trying to be courteous. Others seemed to ignore her as well, even if she directly called them morons.

What a sad display of Trumpian loser-ness.

This is why I said "not in my building". There's a very diverse population in my building. My guess it's because my building is right near Northwestern Hospital/Medical School, University of Chicago Hospital, Korean, Turkish, and Colombian consulates, and all the consulates in 401 N. Michigan Ave, Brazil, Macedonia, Greece, and Haiti, and the Italian Trade Agency.

I've never seen anyone complain about wearing a mask. People take it seriously here. In fact, people apologize if they forget it if they're just running down to the mail room. I'm sure there will be morons who won't follow the rules, but I really do think the vast majority of people will follow the rules. Mostly because most those in my building aren't idiots, so they have gotten vaccinated.

In the latest polls I've seen, only 4% of Democrats aren't going to be vaccinated. 47% of Republicans aren't going to get vaxed. There aren't many Republicans around here.

Last edited:
This is why I said "not in my building". There's a very diverse population in my building. My guess it's because my building is right near Northwestern Hospital/Medical School, University of Chicago Hospital, Korean, Turkish, and Colombian consulates, and all the consulates in 401 N. Michigan Ave, Brazil, Macedonia, Greece, and Haiti, and the Italian Trade Agency.

I've never seen anyone complain about wearing a mask. People take it seriously here. In fact, people apologize if they forget it if they're just running down to the mail room. I'm sure there will be morons who won't follow the rules, but I really do think the vast majority of people will follow the rules. Mostly because most those in my building aren't idiots, so they have gotten vaccinated.

In the latest polls I've seen, only 4% of Democrats aren't going to be vaccinated. 47% of Republicans aren't going to get vaxed. There aren't many Republicans around here.
True, there aren't many Republicans around you, but there sure are plenty of people jogging outdoors with their masks on.
Good little sheep....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone Deaf
True, there aren't many Republicans around you, but there sure are plenty of people jogging outdoors with their masks on.
Good little sheep....
What do you care? You don’t live here. If people want to wear masks, what do you care and what business of that of yours?

Not sure if you noticed, but 99% of people hospitalized for COVID currently are people who are not vaxed.

Why do you want your fellow Republicans to die? 47% of Republicans won’t get vaccinated.

I can’t imagine how you can feel good about being so unhinged.

What do you care? You don’t live here. If people want to wear masks, what do you care and what business of that of yours?

Not sure if you noticed, but 99% of people hospitalized for COVID currently are people who are not vaxed.

Why do you want your fellow Republicans to die? 47% of Republicans won’t get vaccinated.

I can’t imagine how you can feel good about being so unhinged.
Keep following the science.....lol.

Keep following the science.....lol.
Well, when 99% of people hospitalized for COVID now haven’t been vaxed, I’m happy I did follow science.

You follow Jesus/Trump. I will follow the best immunologists and virologists in the world.

If people don’t follow science’s best, I say…let ‘em die.

Well, when 99% of people hospitalized for COVID now haven’t been vaxed, I’m happy I did follow science.

You follow Jesus/Trump. I will follow the best immunologists and virologists in the world.

If people don’t follow science’s best, I say…let ‘em die.
There is NO scientific study saying running outdoors with a mask on is advisable. And nowhere have I ever said I follow Trump or Jesus, or am anti-vaccine, for that matter. But hey, you keep being you, a presumptuous turd.

Last edited:
Are you still alive??
Sure. Most people won't mess with you if they know you're working. And not looking for any trouble.

About the worst thing that has happened to me is that I got rocks thrown at my car by a couple kids on a hill in Sherman Park on Garfield Boulevard.

I have two neighbors flying "Trump 2024" flags. One of them also has hand-written signs stuck in their windows ranting about how schools are never going to muzzle their kids and how they refuse to "live in fear".

"Florida man" is real, but thankfully, he is not me.

I just got an email saying my employer is going to have HR attach stickers to everyone's key card ID designating them as vaccinated, or not.
Well, technically:
“verified”
or
“non-verified”

If you refuse to say, the default is "non-verfied" and you must always wear a mask, must always social distance, must quarantine after all travel, must get tested twice weekly, and you are barred from common gathering areas.
No you’re just the guy telling everyone you’re a “scientist” & then constantly getting shit wrong in threads, only to disappear when called out. With the lack of integrity you show in your posts, it’s likely that you are making much of this crap up to suit your narrative.

Last night after dinner I ran some errands, to Home Depot and to the grocery store. It was my first real shopping trip since the mask guidance changed for vaccinated folks like me, a week ago.

I carried my mask in my pocket, not knowing what stores would want or how many people would be masked. At Home Depot almost nobody wore a mask, and I kept mine in my pocket. The place was not busy, no problems, no stares, no issues, people being chill. The Home Depot employees seemed to be wearing masks. No rules were posted.

Then I went to the grocery store, Publix. Again I carried my mask in my pocket as I went in. The Publix employees seemed to be all wearing masks. No rules were posted. This time I saw that most people shopping in Publix seemed to be wearing a mask, so I put mine on. It seemed just like common courtesy. I assume that people are wary of the many unvaccinated folks and think that others will assume that they are one of them. Whatever- it was a quick 15 minute shopping trip. No biggie, mask on.

Halfway through the store and halfway into filling my cart, though, I saw her. MAGA lady. No mask. Red hat. She was loudly confronting people who were wearing masks and saying stuff like "Take that off! Why wear a mask? Are you all sheep? It's a free country, you morons".

I didn't directly pass her in the aisle and I chose not to try to have any sort of discussion with her. I was wearing a mask, but like I said, I was fine either way, and I was just trying to be courteous. Others seemed to ignore her as well, even if she directly called them morons.

What a sad display of Trumpian loser-ness.
Remember...70% of the unmasked folks in stores and restaurants are not jabbed. That is down from 100%. I still wear the mask like you out of courtesy and keep my distance from pretty much everyone but especially the unmasked that I profile as MAGAs.

Yes...I profile them and I would bet I am 93.74% accurate.

This is not accurate and has been debunked by both siodes of the aisle.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
IU is still pissing people off by their refusal to loosen up. Baseball coach is grousing about no fans being allowed, and Little 500 is standing pat with their no fans policy.

With Little 5, it sounds like they're more concerned with an influx of people from the outside and all the big parties that are part and parcel of the event.

Oh, and was I the last one to realize that they're running Little 5 on a fvcking Wednesday? WT fvcking F???

IU is still pissing people off by their refusal to loosen up. Baseball coach is grousing about no fans being allowed, and Little 500 is standing pat with their no fans policy.

With Little 5, it sounds like they're more concerned with an influx of people from the outside and all the big parties that are part and parcel of the event.

Oh, and was I the last one to realize that they're running Little 5 on a fvcking Wednesday? WT fvcking F???
Good luck to anyone north of Martinsville making it down there anyway.

And speaking of construction, sure glad 100% of the interstate traffic around Indy has found the street next to my apartment since the closure of the North Split. :rolleyes:

Reactions: UncleMark
The owner of my former workplace is playing hardball.

Employees who show proof of vaccination are no longer required to wear masks. But if you haven't got the jab, you have to wear a mask. It's that simple. He says he's doing this to prevent the unvaccinated from potentially infecting each other and disrupting the business with unanticipated long term absences. Not sure what he'll do if it gets down to one -- and only one -- holdout. Knowing him, he'll stick to his guns.

I know all the characters involved, and am 98% certain that the ones whining the loudest about having to wear masks before the change in CDC guidance are the ones who still have to wear them.

Reactions: brianiu
There is NO scientific study saying running outdoors with a mask on is advisable. And nowhere have I ever said I follow Trump or Jesus, or am anti-vaccine, for that matter. But hey, you keep being you, a presumptuous turd.
You be you! Your faux intelligence is cute!

The baseball decision is ridiculous. They could easly let 500-600 people in. Little 5 does not require a race for the parties.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Looks like IU is going to play hardball with vaccines as well.

Indiana University announced Friday that starting with the fall 2021 semester, all students, faculty and staff must be vaccinated for COVID-19. They must have at least one dose of the vaccine by July 1.
Those who don’t comply will face consequences. Students who don’t meet the requirement will have their class registrations canceled and access to IU systems terminated, including CrimsonCard and email.
IU will no longer employ any faculty or staff who choose not to meet the requirement, even if they work remotely, the announcement said.

Reactions: outside shooter
Real conversation yesterday.
“I went to Target today and they are not requiring masks for vaccinated people! It was great!”
“How many masks did you see?”
“No one was wearing one. It was great!”
“Only 40% of Hoosiers eligible for the vaccine have been vaccinated. So 6 outta 10 you saw were liars. Not so great.”

“I went to Target today and they are not requiring masks for vaccinated people! It was great!”
“Only 40% of Hoosiers eligible for the vaccine have been vaccinated. So 6 outta 10 you saw were liars. Not so great.”
Wgaf

I was at a gathering this evening at a facility that just dropped all it's Covid protocols, other than requesting that unvaccinated people continue masking up. In the bullshit session before things started:

One guy was adamant that he wasn't getting the shot. He was, however, wearing a mask.​
One gal said she'd gotten the first jab about three weeks ago, but didn't see the point in getting the second. I may have talked her into getting the second.​
One guy bragged that he'd bought a card off the Internet.​

I was at a gathering this evening at a facility that just dropped all it's Covid protocols, other than requesting that unvaccinated people continue masking up. In the bullshit session before things started:

One guy was adamant that he wasn't getting the shot. He was, however, wearing a mask.​
One gal said she'd gotten the first jab about three weeks ago, but didn't see the point in getting the second. I may have talked her into getting the second.​
One guy bragged that he'd bought a card off the Internet.​
HOA meeting?

Meanwhile, MTG compared having to wear a mask at her job to Jews being forced to wear gold stars and being forced onto trains bound for gas chambers.
Cant wait for VPM to denounce that.

BTW, she made her comments on a TV show on the Christian Broadcast Network.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT