ADVERTISEMENT

TJD's Podcast Interview

If Duncomb did that, then I’m surprised he’s even on the team still. Doesn’t really seem to be a factor now or moving forward.
You seem to have a problem with understanding the POV that many/most prefer to have: don't speculate, unless you know for sure! And don't drag guys names through the mud who donned the Cream and Crimson.

I don't believe he's saying (and I know I'm not!) that he knows what LD was suspended for, just that he was. Just as largely, despite what you seem to think, you don't either.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You seem to have a problem with understanding the POV that many/most prefer to have: don't speculate, unless you know for sure! And don't drag guys names through the mud who donned the Cream and Crimson.

I don't believe he's saying (and I know I'm not!) that he knows what LD was suspended for, just that he was. Just as largely, despite what you seem to think, you don't either.
how do you know if someone was suspended who never played? Priller may have been both cheech and chong if you want to speculate

It's not speculation when it has been confirmed by others with direct access.

I didn't even know Duncomb was suspended because he's irrelevant. I knew there were games he didn't dress, but I assumed it was due to injury.

Duncomb was suspended (link) during precon games when he probably would have been able to play. And the only point is that people making assumptions about who was doing what based on some vague comments and tweets is ridiculous.

It's not speculation when it has been confirmed by others with direct access.

I didn't even know Duncomb was suspended because he's irrelevant. I knew there were games he didn't dress, but I assumed it was due to injury.
You've talked about 4 guys who were "bad apples", inferred they were using drugs and weren't welcome back. I am certain you can't find credible published sources that show all of that for all 4 guys.

Do college age kids mess up? Sure. All I'm asking you to do is not speculate with guys names, when you don't know, and even if you might think you know, don't drag their names through the mud. Is that that hard to understand or do?

how do you know if someone was suspended who never played? Priller may have been both cheech and chong if you want to speculate
because that was published.

I guess now it's not enough just to take shots at guys who are no longer here? I said on here many times before last season LD didn't look to me like a player ready to come right in and contribute from the video I saw, but he stuck it out and is coming back. He also happens to play at positions behind our very best players so developing him, as CMW thinks is worthwhile is fine. Priller should have never been on a bball scholarship at IU. I don't think LD is nearly in that category yet.

because that was published.

I guess now it's not enough just to take shots at guys who are no longer here? I said on here many times before last season LD didn't look to me like a player ready to come right in and contribute from the video I saw, but he stuck it out and is coming back. He also happens to play at positions behind our very best players so developing him, as CMW thinks is worthwhile is fine. Priller should have never been on a bball scholarship at IU. I don't think LD is nearly in that category yet.
agree I think Duncomb has some potential, how many guys like him has Wisconsin developed into serviceable big men over the years, only thing that concerned me was a walk on playing over him in the infamous NW game

You've talked about 4 guys who were "bad apples", inferred they were using drugs and weren't welcome back. I am certain you can't find credible published sources that show all of that for all 4 guys.

Do college age kids mess up? Sure. All I'm asking you to do is not speculate with guys names, when you don't know, and even if you might think you know, don't drag their names through the mud. Is that that hard to understand or do?
No, I've talked about 3 guys that were bad apples and a 4th that wasn't welcomed back because he had already been here for 4 years and we have a pre-season All-Conference 1st teamer and incoming 5* at his position.

I can certainly find you published sources showing the other 3 were suspended at Northwestern. I can also provide you links to the Peegs forum where staff there give insight into those bad apples.

I will do what I want when I want. Their choices lead to them leaving the program in bad taste. They have no one to blame but themselves.

No, I've talked about 3 guys that were bad apples and a 4th that wasn't welcomed back because he had already been here for 4 years and we have a pre-season All-Conference 1st teamer and incoming 5* at his position.

I can certainly find you published sources showing the other 3 were suspended at Northwestern. I can also provide you links to the Peegs forum where staff there give insight into those bad apples.

I will do what I want when I want. Their choices lead to them leaving the program in bad taste. They have no one to blame but themselves.
by your comments, you know even less than I at first gave you possible credit for. Congratulations?

by your comments, you know even less than I at first gave you possible credit for. Congratulations?
lol do you disagree that there are published articles on the Northwestern suspensions? You probably don't pay for it, but there are quite a few comments from those close to the program on TOS talking about how much of cancers Stewart and Durr were.

agree I think Duncomb has some potential, how many guys like him has Wisconsin developed into serviceable big men over the years, only thing that concerned me was a walk on playing over him in the infamous NW game
But, just as with the other poster, you don't really know details. If it was just based on ability then I agree, that would be concerning. But CMW could have been trying to make a point, punishing him for team rule violation or a bad practice, possible injury or illness.... I do think he's got potential, but what I saw from the videos I watched was a kid who wasn't dominating playing against much smaller and less athletic guys. That's a guy who to me isn't going to play much coming in, especially at our positions of greatest strength. If CMW didn't think he could help, I think he'd have gone elsewhere this offseason.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
lol do you disagree that there are published articles on the Northwestern suspensions? You probably don't pay for it, but there are quite a few comments from those close to the program on TOS talking about how much of cancers Stewart and Durr were.
I’d like to read anything about Parker. Link please.

Way more character than I at the same age. I don’t know a soul that has met him tht doesn’t think he is an outstanding human. But people like to trash others to make up an agenda why were not as good as they wanted last year. Comical.
You nailed it, he just wasn’t good enough. No idea why he ever played. I would be happy to leave it at that.

But, there are reasons why he immediately hit back on Twitter.

you should pay closer attention to IUBB (to borrow your own phrase).
When a non contributor doesn't play, WGAF?

When a starter is suspended twice during the season, is involved in an after season legal issue with another player, and got in scuffles multiple times during the year on the court, it's an issue.

the lead hysteric asshat said the weren’t trying to be a part of the culture being built. Anything else?? Just copy and paste.
The guy with closer connections to the program than anyone here said they weren't a fit and not interested in being apart of the culture IU was trying to build (ie. They were troublemakers). Couple those comments with what we know of Stewart and Durr and it's easy to form a negative opinion of them. I'm very glad they are gone.

Reactions: ulrey
The guy with closer connections to the program than anyone here said they weren't a fit and not interested in being apart of the culture IU was trying to build (ie. They were troublemakers). Couple those comments with what we know of Stewart and Durr and it's easy to form a negative opinion of them. I'm very glad they are gone.
Their school resumes read like a high school football schedule.

That math is not hard.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
lol. Ok bro. Carry on.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
When a non contributor doesn't play, WGAF?

When a starter is suspended twice during the season, is involved in an after season legal issue with another player, and got in scuffles multiple times during the year on the court, it's an issue.
I'll make a note to check with you in the future to find out if something is an issue or not. Thanks.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
If I'm being honest, the only reason I have any feelings of...gladness...that Parker, Khristian, and even Rob are gone is that 2 of them played a decent amount of minutes, 1 was a starter all year, and none of them are particularly good basketball players...in the context of competing with the best B10 and national level teams. Obviously Rob had his moments while at IU...but on the whole, he wasn't consistently good, especially offensively.

Xavier seems like he might bring some trouble too, at times. But I wanted him to stay. Hmmm, wonder why?

It was clear TJD was referring to the departed players during the interview when talking about team chemistry last year vs what they expect this year.

No, you're twisting TJD's words to fit your own agenda.

TJD discussed chemistry issue in two different contexts:

(1) Struggled with chemistry issues early during the season because we had 3 NEW GUYS in the Starting Lineup.

(2) Using the same 5 vs. 5 in practice created chemistry issues.

Listen to the podcasts/interviews again...for the first time.

No, you're twisting TJD's words to fit your own agenda.

TJD discussed chemistry issue in two different contexts:

(1) Struggled with chemistry issues early during the season because we had 3 NEW GUYS in the Starting Lineup.

(2) Using the same 5 vs. 5 in practice created chemistry issues.

Listen to the podcasts/interviews again...for the first time.
I've listened to it. I have a different takeaway and clearly the 4 departed players do too given their butthurt tweets. TJD even mentioned keeping XJ with he and Race to keep him out of trouble. He clearly mentions the Northwestern debacle being unacceptable and hurting the team.

It’s quite cheap to pay for information from IUBB writers which also gains you access to other insiders who post on the same website.
Here is real insider information and you don’t have to pay shit for it. The players that got suspended @ NW game were not in the rooms on time. They all got accused of getting high by Fife. Then when they got back to Bloomington they all got tested. Only one player failed the test. That player obviously was not Parker. Or bad apples. Or even a bad apple. Hell IMO they all should be encouraged to have a daily puff and an edible. But that is another topic.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Here is real insider information and you don’t have to pay shit for it. The players that got suspended @ NW game were not in the rooms on time. They all got accused of getting high by Fife. Then when they got back to Bloomington they all got tested. Only one player failed the test. That player obviously was not Parker. Or bad apples. Or even a bad apple. Hell IMO they all should be encouraged to have a daily puff and an edible. But that is another topic.
Wasn’t there an issue with players not being honest about who missed curfew? Rules are rules. People do stupid stuff. You do enough dumb stuff and you lose credibility. For whatever reason the departed players took issue with that interview.

LOL you get your information from the players. Of course they are going to sugarcoat their actions. No, a player didn't fail a drug test after the Northwestern game. At IU, that's an automatic 3 game suspension and all 5 suspended players played against MSU in the following game.

If you think Woodson is throwing a conference game for players being a few minutes late to curfew, you are fooling yourself.

The fact that you would encourage them to break a NCAA and IU rule every day should be enough to get you banned from having contact with them.

LOL you get your information from the players. Of course they are going to sugarcoat their actions. No, a player didn't fail a drug test after the Northwestern game. At IU, that's an automatic 3 game suspension and all 5 suspended players played against MSU in the following game.

If you think Woodson is throwing a conference game for players being a few minutes late to curfew, you are fooling yourself.

The fact that you would encourage them to break a NCAA and IU rule every day should be enough to get you banned from having contact with them.
I just told you one player did test positive. No1 was suspended 3 games. That is not the rule at IU anymore. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

I think you don’t understand what he said. Fife threw a fit and accused the players of doing drugs. They didn’t get drug tested until after the NW trip. They all passed except 1. Im under the impression that this might’ve been the breaking point with fife. I’m betting that Woody took Fifes side until the tests came back.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I think you don’t understand what he said. Fife threw a fit and accused the players of doing drugs. They didn’t get drug tested until after the NW trip. They all passed except 1. Im under the impression that this might’ve been the breaking point with fife. I’m betting that Woody took Fifes side until the tests came back.
Correct.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
TJD discusses A LOT of topics, including:

1. Improvement since end of March
2. Next season's expectations
3. Race was never leaving
4. B1G Tournament: Michigan Halftime
5. Northwestern suspensions (TJD & Race included in decision making process)
6. Midseason slump (injuries & illness)
7. Tamar is a gym rat
8. Players were afraid of Archie
9. Relationship with Woodson
10. COVID was a sign to come back
11. Mixing practice lineups, not same 5v5
12. After deciding to return, TJD discussed with Woodson a list of changes he would like to see (including a one strike and you're out drug policy)
13. Expects Miller, Leal, and Tamar to dramatically improve shooting
14. NIL & Transfer Portal
15. and much more...

https://247sports.com/college/india...erics-Podcast-Trayce-Jackson-Davis-187864718/ (nearly 1 hour long...skip ahead to 22:20)
#8, seriously?

I just told you one player did test positive. No1 was suspended 3 games. That is not the rule at IU anymore. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
I believe that was an NCAA rule. They relaxed that rule in February. Of course schools can punish over and above that but most don’t.

That 100% is still a rule as evidence by Duncomb’s suspension. No one tested positive or there would have been a suspension.

You really trying to argue that Woodson threw a conference game for a simple curfew violation, but didn’t suspend a player for failing a drug test? You are misinformed.

Lol I understood what he said. No one failed a drug test. It’s an auto 3 game suspension.

If someone did fail why weren’t they suspended?

Again, your speculation. You don't know that CMW made the decision to get rid of the other 4. We only know they are gone, and it easily could have just been they felt it was time to move on, didn't feel his system was the best fit for them, or that maybe with incoming players their role would be changed/reduced and they chose to leave. Why do you feel the need to crap on guys? They played for IU and are gone. Wish them well and move on.
We have posters who think so highly of their opinions they believe they’re facts.

That 100% is still a rule as evidence by Duncomb’s suspension. No one tested positive or there would have been a suspension.

You really trying to argue that Woodson threw a conference game for a simple curfew violation, but didn’t suspend a player for failing a drug test? You are misinformed.
I will no longer reply to you, I don’t argue with ignorance. Good day.

Reactions: rocketo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT