ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the Bucket Bowl! I’m still taking IU!

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
I give PU credit for the upset win at Iowa, but before anyone cowers in fear, IU pitches a 41-0 shutout over a team PU lost to this year. Clearly both teams have played well at times, and lost a few they shouldn’t have.

But given both teams are bowl eligible, and it’s at PU, the stakes are indeed higher.

IU’s defense is darn good and we may be peaking at the right time too given not only a shutout but 2 100-yd runners in same game.

It’s on ESPN2, it has (smaller) bowl ramifications and this is probably what a Bucket game should feel like!

Let’s go for “One for the Thumb” five straight wins!

I give PU credit for the upset win at Iowa, but before anyone cowers in fear, IU pitches a 41-0 shutout over a team PU lost to this year. Clearly both teams have played well at times, and lost a few they shouldn’t have.

But given both teams are bowl eligible, and it’s at PU, the stakes are indeed higher.

IU’s defense is darn good and we may be peaking at the right time too given not only a shutout but 2 100-yd runners in same game.

It’s on ESPN2, it has (smaller) bowl ramifications and this is probably what a Bucket game should feel like!

Let’s go for “One for the Thumb” five straight wins!

Ok...all credit to you Indy...one for the thumb is the perfect slogan for the game. With your permission I am going to share this on SM all week. For sign makers...which I am not, a hand with bucket on each finger with the year...sounds awesome. Spread the word.

Ok...all credit to you Indy...one for the thumb is the perfect slogan for the game. With your permission I am going to share this on SM all week. For sign makers...which I am not, a hand with bucket on each finger with the year...sounds awesome. Spread the word.
Go for it!! (Think it's been used in pro ranks so I'm not claiming trademark rights!)

Excited for this one!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT