ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets to the Pinstripe Bowl.....

I got two for $55 each (plus a $20 processing charge). Anything at Yankee Stadium is expensive, and some people will go just to watch an event there even if they aren't supporters of either team. IU has a lot of alumni in the New York area, and that number seems to be growing. Also, Duke, as a national school, should be well represented. I looked on Stub Hub and tickets start at $69, and they are much more than that on the stadium website. Could they be had on game day for less? Maybe, but you might have to wait until kickoff. I just figured that because I am here, I may as well go ahead and get them now. They cost a lot more than the tickets for the Maryland game in College Park did, which could be had for six, seven bucks.

Last year they sold about 50,000 seats for Boston College and Penn State. BC is about a 4 hour drive. Happy Valley is also a 4 hour drive. So both schools could make that as a day trip.

But wouldn't it be worthwhile to eliminate the uncertainty of seat location etc and better enjoy the whole trip.

Last edited:
Any reason (opinions needed) to buy tickets now versus waiting until game day`? It won't be a sell out.
Actually it did sellout last year. IU has a ton of alums up there, and Duke is popular in NY.

Tickets in some of the better sections are going fast. Playing in historic baseball stadiums are....unique, I guess. Doesn't make for the greatest views because of the way the field is angled. If you are sitting on the 50 yard line, your're likely sitting farther away from the field than those sitting around the 5 yard line.

I'm just happy to be going! I can cross Yankee Stadium off my bucket list, even if it means watching a football game there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT