ADVERTISEMENT

Three montverdes to visit the same weekend.

Good for IU.
Kind of surprised with XJ leaving, we're not after more PGs in '24. The only one that I'm recalling is Boogie Fland, and that doesn't seem as if it's leaning our way. Have their been others I'm forgetting, or is it primarily those 2 at this point?

Kind of surprised with XJ leaving, we're not after more PGs in '24. The only one that I'm recalling is Boogie Fland, and that doesn't seem as if it's leaning our way. Have their been others I'm forgetting, or is it primarily those 2 at this point?
We've also offered Travis Perry in that class.

Harper listed as a 2, but could play either.

Reactions: kkott
It'll be interesting..CMW always seems have a bunch of visits..
But sealing the deal ...We'll see..
Get a couple of these guy's and even I have to salute him....

Yeah, when has he ever gotten high-ranking players to commit? I mean, besides JHS... and Reanu.... and Bates... and Ware... and Mgbako...
Better yet, how many guys have we had on campus for officials that turned us down? Everyone talked about missing on a bunch of guys this summer in the portal, but I think the only one that actually visited that we did not get was Ledlum, and I think about everyone would be glad we did not get him as it may have cost us Mgbako

It'll be interesting..CMW always seems have a bunch of visits..
But sealing the deal ...We'll see..
Get a couple of these guy's and even I have to salute him....
Stole this from another site ..

The number of IU official visits per class from top 50 recruits ..

2024: 10
2023: 3
2022: 1

2021: 1
2020: 1
2019: 4
2018: 1
2017: 2

2016: 3
2015: 1
2014: 4
2013: 2
2012: 3

I can’t imagine how that team could ever lose a game. Isn’t their starting five all top 20 players?
They don't lose much...

Before last year, I think they had won back to back HS natty's...is that correct?

Last year they were led, mostly, by juniors and sophomores. They might have ran in to a team that had more seniors? Honestly don't know who they ended up losing to.

Coaching can end up playing a big role. Cupps team that he played on for his dad, didn't have a ton of top 100 talent...maybe 1 kid. And they had a ton of success beating teams with much more star rating talent.

But yeah...their team this year has to be one of the better HS teams ever assembled.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I watched a documentary that was filmed at that school and it's somewhere between a small campus and a sports factory.

It's only a matter of time before big time college programs have their own developmental prep schools next to campus.

I watched a documentary that was filmed at that school and it's somewhere between a small campus and a sports factory.

It's only a matter of time before big time college programs have their own developmental prep schools next to campus
My guesses...

Ages 16-18 or so...top tier players deciding to play for "schools" like Monteverde, Oak Hill, Sunrise, etc... will increase dramatically. And those schools will start to gravitate to states that are on board with NIL money being paid to HS aged kids.

Speaking of NIL...I think the amount of money available, and just the overall money that will continue to be pumped in to the major conferences athletic budgets...college will swing that pendulum back for kids to come and play their last couple years before they're eligible and/or ready for the NBA draft.

OTE and Ignite will become more college prep programs, than NBA prep programs. We're already seeing some of this with guys like Katchings. We'll see if he actually ends up going to college, but as of now, its still being talked about as his path of choice. 1 year at OTE, 1 at Purdue, then NBA. I think this will become more and more normal.

Curtis Givens III Announcing College Decision Saturday

Coach Mike Woodson and the Indiana Hoosiers are one of many schools that have pursued 2024, four-star guard Curtis Givens III on the recruiting trail, and on Saturday, the Montverde guard plans to announce his commitment live on the On3 Recruits YouTube channel.

Curtis Givens III Announcing College Decision Saturday

Coach Mike Woodson and the Indiana Hoosiers are one of many schools that have pursued 2024, four-star guard Curtis Givens III on the recruiting trail, and on Saturday, the Montverde guard plans to announce his commitment live on the On3 Recruits YouTube channel.
gone....3 CB picks came in w/in last 48 hrs for Memphis, so word has leaked out. Plus I think he's from the Memphis area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT