ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on our leadership

ESalum86

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
We all know about Coach Cignetti's record as a head coach. Joke all you want about hsi Google comment; but it is a fact. Yes, he is egotistical. Apparently he does something right when you consider all the staff who have stayed with him from school to school and the number of JMU players (and their competitors) who came to IU to play for him. The man has the 4th highest winning percentage among active coaches. Winner.

Look at our QB room. It is loaded with success. Consider the following:

Kurtis Rourke:
*2022 MAC Champion
*Former MAC Offensive Player of Year
*All-MAC 1st Team
*Holy Trinity Academy HS conference champion

Tayven Jackson:
*2x undefeated Indiana 6A state champion
*Won 28 games as starting QB at Center Grove HS

Tyler Cherry:
*Indiana 6A state champion
*23-4 record as starter at Center Grove

Alberto Mendoza:
*2x 1st Team All Miami0Dade County
*26-2 record as starter at Chrsitpher Columbus HS
*2x Florida Class 4 Metro State Champion

Winners all. The coaching staff and QB leadership of this team is filled with people who are accustomed to winning. I believe this is very much going to help us as we play a schedule filled with winnable games. Can't wait for this season to start!

We all know about Coach Cignetti's record as a head coach. Joke all you want about hsi Google comment; but it is a fact. Yes, he is egotistical. Apparently he does something right when you consider all the staff who have stayed with him from school to school and the number of JMU players (and their competitors) who came to IU to play for him. The man has the 4th highest winning percentage among active coaches. Winner.

Kurtis Rourke:
*2022 MAC Champion
*All-MAC 1st Team

Tayven Jackson:

Tyler Cherry:

Alberto Mendoza:

Winners all. The coaching staff and QB leadership of this team is filled with people who are accustomed to winning. I believe this is very much going to help us as we play a schedule filled with winnable games. Can't wait for this season to start!

I like his attitude...; as long as its confidence and not hubris I'm all for his approach...

Here's a decent article where he sort of elaborated on it:

I particularly like his attitude about playing in the Rose Bowl: "We're just going to an old stadium to kick somebody's ass."

He's not awed by the history of the place and doesn't want his players to be either... It's a business trip... I Like that approach...

Last edited:

Kurtis Rourke:
*2022 MAC Champion
*All-MAC 1st Team

Tayven Jackson:

Tyler Cherry:

Alberto Mendoza:

I think the “secret sauce” is Cignetti’s Staff.
They will overachieve — it’s their MO.
It was clearly a smart move to bring them along.
The days of losing on bonehead plays are over.
I expect the IU’s offense will keep the IU defense fresh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT