ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on 'Batman vs Superman' trailer?

I always respected you for being, you know, you, but I respect you even more, for the fact that you probably understand the difference between "State road 1," "state line road," and "101." That means a lot in my small community.

Uh, yes.

My parents house (house I grew up in) is right off 101.

Sure, I do agree that it makes sense in context. I just personally don't find it engaging or particularly watchable. JMO.

There is only so much material that can be crossed with a man who is all powerful. We don't want him to be turned into a PTSD alcoholic who sits out a movie, and it was only funny when X-Men did it with Wolverine because he's grumpy and cynical.

Without a well developed morality tale, Superman's value in movies is determined by how cool the special effects are or whether or not Lois Lane is to be held hostage. With Marvel and DC both playing the angles of how superheroes fit amid humanity, once that gets played they'll either go back to saving cats out of trees or disappear until VR can create a whole new experience at theaters.

Awww are we all witnessing a budding bro-mance between Money and Goat? How cute. Keep it up and you're going to make Cap and who ever he's bro-stalking on the board totes jelly.

There is only so much material that can be crossed with a man who is all powerful. We don't want him to be turned into a PTSD alcoholic who sits out a movie, and it was only funny when X-Men did it with Wolverine because he's grumpy and cynical.

Without a well developed morality tale, Superman's value in movies is determined by how cool the special effects are or whether or not Lois Lane is to be held hostage. With Marvel and DC both playing the angles of how superheroes fit amid humanity, once that gets played they'll either go back to saving cats out of trees or disappear until VR can create a whole new experience at theaters.
I agree with this, too. They're good points.

In my view, though, it speaks to how poorly people have written Superman for years. The savior angle has become so played out over years of cinema that it's barely interesting.

Where Superman does get interesting (to me, at least) is the "black sheep immigrant born of the destruction of his people who becomes the All-American icon." This is the treatment that the original writers seemed to be going for, but the "savior from another planet" has been explored much more than that, IMO.

Again, just my opinion -- take it or leave it.

@Oxford Collapse

Superman, at least within the story arc of Zod, serves an interesting angle in his relationship with Earth. Without him arriving there isn't a Zod. So the idea of "Superman saving the world" could quickly turn into "Superman acts as a harbinger of evil" even if it is no fault of his own.

There was an angle in The Dark Knight by the Joker, which basically implies Batman created a more intense evil.

The Avengers are going through the same thing. Not only does their presence cause the ramping up of the bad guys, but they also awakened something that beckons another evil. So they're saving the world from the destruction they compelled.

Dude, I grew up on a farm and the road to my parents house is STILL a gravel road.

Ever been around Decatur? You're typically either white trash or a farmer.

Brian Evans' wife is from Decatur. You seen her? I'm guessing you have . And her sisters too. Neither trash, nor farmers.....of course they all got out of Decatur too.

There's nothing quite like a debate between grown men (allegedly) over who would win a battle of fictional characters who wear tights and fly, among other stupid characteristics.

Reactions: Bill4411
Brian Evans' wife is from Decatur. You seen her? I'm guessing you have . And her sisters too. Neither trash, nor farmers.....of course they all got out of Decatur too.

I wasn't being serious with my "farmers or white trash" comment.

There are basically three different groups in that area.

There's nothing quite like a debate between grown men (allegedly) over who would win a battle of fictional characters who wear tights and fly, among other stupid characteristics.

5.jpg

I think it at least looks like it has a chance.....

I was worried it would be a disaster.

Here's a thought:

If the cast and writers of SNL still took drugs, we would have already seen a skit with Adam West, Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck, Christian Bale, George Clooney, and Val Kilmer, along with Jack Nicholson made up as Heath Ledger's Joker.

WTF? Y'all's generation sux.

I'm not a big fan of superhero movies. I have seen one worth watching. The rest suck balls. I have seen two extended in theartre previews of that movie and there is no chance I will waste a minute watching it.
V for Vendetta
Road to Perdition
Watchmen

I've always liked V for Vendetta.

I have a very high tolerance for movies. I basically watch them for entertainment, and I find a lot of things entertaining. So to answer the question, I will watch the movie, and I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

The Dark Knight trilogy was fantastic though. The first one is my favorite superhero movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT