ADVERTISEMENT

Those teams out west…

Kelly_32

All-Big Ten
Dec 12, 2004
…better beef up those offensive and defensive lines if they want to compete in the B1G.

How embarrassing for USC to lose a game to a Michigan team that passed for 32 yards.

Michigan better figure it out because what they did today isn’t going to work against the majority of the league.

…better beef up those offensive and defensive lines if they want to compete in the B1G.

How embarrassing for USC to lose a game to a Michigan team that passed for 32 yards.

Michigan better figure it out because what they did today isn’t going to work against the majority of the league.
Reaffirms my belief that Texas is as good as pollsters think they are. 😳

Lincoln Riley tried to beef up. It was a concern of those teams.

I missed the game, but I assume that Misshitgan got their usual help from the zebras!?
They did early. Looked like a clearly illegal blindside block not called. Ref saw it. USC fans were incensed. Then a couple favorable spots. But I didn't see most of the rest of the game to see if it balanced out and were just errors.

Reactions: vesuvius13

More embarrassing for USC to allow 290 yds rushing and 3-3 4th down conversions than 32 yds passing.

Playing in the B1G is a big adjustment for the west coast teams. B1G teams have talented players but play a different style of football designed for beating the other B1G teams.

Reactions: red hornet

Our D stopping the run concerns me, especially against teams like Michigan. Charlotte ran pretty well against us. Gotta clean that up, now that the real B10 starts and the OG B10 finishes off our year.

Two other things will hurt the West Coast Teams. The amount of travel back and forth and disruption of normal day to day to day schedule. Not being used to playing in extreme weather conditions. Playing in the rain in California is a far cry from playing in a November rain in the Midwest in 40 degree temperatures. And if You have a game in late November on a frozen field with snow falling that could be a huge problem.

Our D stopping the run concerns me, especially against teams like Michigan. Charlotte ran pretty well against us. Gotta clean that up, now that the real B10 starts and the OG B10 finishes off our year.
Part of that problem was many missed tackles which previously Indiana has not had. Look for that to be eliminated against Maryland.

We did but they still ran fairly well on their first possession of the second half. We'll learn how good the D really is next week.
Yeah, but it seemed like it was mostly pulling guards, and misdirection, and #5 just jitterbugging through small openings versus just powering straight ahead. Once he went out after that brief injury, they never regained their original effectiveness...at least in my eye.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT