ADVERTISEMENT

This team can win the league

He will make or break his IU coaching legacy this year. If we miss the tourney I don't know how he comes back next year. Again, the talent is here, no reason this isn't a tourney team.
The Neb game reminds me of the adage "herding cats" They are all out there but not working together well.

We had teams like this in AAU and honestly they never hit their stride until late. MM is still an enigma to me.

Last edited:
Last night was a disaster. But there is still a long way to go with many winnable games.
You're not wrong. As bad as the Nebraska game was, let's not blow it out of proportion. I mean, that would never happen on a message board, right? LOL

It was a B1G road game and it was just one game. Only counts one in the loss column.

If IU gets a win tomorrow, they're still 3-1 in the league. If you lose by 20 or lose by 1, it still counts the same in the league standings. Maybe the computers don't agree, but that's where we are in the league.

Now, if we look terrible again tomorrow and drop a league home game, then that will be a problem.

You're not wrong. As bad as the Nebraska game was, let's not blow it out of proportion. I mean, that would never happen on a message board, right? LOL

It was a B1G road game and it was just one game. Only counts one in the loss column.

If IU gets a win tomorrow, they're still 3-1 in the league. If you lose by 20 or lose by 1, it still counts the same in the league standings. Maybe the computers don't agree, but that's where we are in the league.

Now, if we look terrible again tomorrow and drop a league home game, then that will be a problem.
Yes and no. Our resume is terrible currently. Any team with a pulse has blown us out

Reactions: ndhuntington
Last night was a disaster. But there is still a long way to go with many winnable games.
And Auburn...And UConn...And Nebraska. This team has struggled to beat everyone, sans N Alabama.

Sure there are winnable games. But anything outside of Bloomington, I have zero hope. My guess? 9-11. And that's a stretch, tbh.

He will make or break his IU coaching legacy this year. If we miss the tourney I don't know how he comes back next year. Again, the talent is here, no reason this isn't a tourney team.
Yep. Now he may come back but next year would just be a lame duck year. Making the tourney is a must by year 3.

At work I’m surrounded by PU and UK fans and all of them are like “how can you not win at IU”. Something is wrong in the athletic department
I think the Crean & Archie hires are at least defensible as there were indicators that they could be successful. The Woodson hire, however, was a bad idea out of the gate. If he hadn’t played here, he wouldn’t have gotten any consideration, & that being the biggest positive a candidate has makes it a stupid hire, plain & simple.

At work I’m surrounded by PU and UK fans and all of them are like “how can you not win at IU”. Something is wrong in the athletic department
It really is amazing. I guess it starts with having a booster paying to get rid of an awful hire and then making another bad hire. But the hire an IU guy crowd finally got what they wanted. So they can quit screaming about hiring an iu guy is all it takes to win.

If you take out Sampson Mike Davis has the best big ten winning percentage of any coach we have hired since knight. .583. Woodson is at .535 but that not last long.

We have talent and depth all over the court. We have scores and we can shut teams down defensively.

The BigTen is going to be a 20 round heavyweight prize fight but we’ve got the dogs to be the last team standing.

15-5 isn't unreasonable. That should make us a 2 or 3 seems for the ncaa.

IU!
When this post was made, it didn’t seem too unreasonable. After we got Molly Whopped by a mediocre Nebraska team, we aren’t winning Jack Shit unless this team wakes up. I’ve been watching IU longer than I can remember and I have yet to see an IU team get a fire lit under their ass in response to an old fashioned ass-kicking. And we weren’t winning the league regardless. No one has an answer for Lurch.

The last team I remember responding to an embarrassing ass-kicking by playing balls-out tough was the 2003 UK team. They got absolutely lit up and embarrassed by UofL and they responded by winning 26 in a row until losing in the elite 8.

Last edited:
When this post was made, it didn’t seem too unreasonable. After we got Molly Whopped by a mediocre Nebraska team, we aren’t winning Jack Shit unless this team wakes up. I’ve been watching IU longer than I can remember and I have yet to see an IU team get a fire lit under their ass in response to an old fashioned ass-kicking. And we weren’t winning the league regardless. No one has an answer for Lurch.

The last team I remember responding to an embarrassing ass-kicking by playing balls-out tough was the 2003 UK team. They got absolutely lit up and embarrassed by UofL and they responded by winning 26 in a row until losing in the elite 8.
When Butler beat us and we turned around and beat #1 UK the next game. Maybe they weren’t number one.

We have talent and depth all over the court. We have scores and we can shut teams down defensively.

The BigTen is going to be a 20 round heavyweight prize fight but we’ve got the dogs to be the last team standing.

15-5 isn't unreasonable. That should make us a 2 or 3 seems for the ncaa.

IU!
15-5? Reminds me of the summer predictions claiming gunn and banks would kill it this year.

When Butler beat us and we turned around and beat #1 UK the next game. Maybe they weren’t number one.
IU has never had a problem playing up to a ranked opponent, regardless of whether or not they lost the previous game. Not saying they don’t ever get beat, but they’ve always played with a little more grit against hyped competition. Probably true for most programs.

Reactions: IndyGlen
I can think of millions of reasons Woody won’t walk at year end. I’m resolutely certain he will not get it done to our satisfaction, no Sweet 16, no Big Ten title in point. Dolson will need to do the hard work to let an IU legend go. Woody awesome player sub awesome coach

I can think of millions of reasons Woody won’t walk at year end. I’m resolutely certain he will not get it done to our satisfaction, no Sweet 16, no Big Ten title in point. Dolson will need to do the hard work to let an IU legend go. Woody awesome player sub awesome coach
Correct - he will eventually have to be fired. The question is how bad will dolson let things get first. He was a legend but nothing he does reminds my of iu though as far as his coaching or his program building. Honestly after Woodson where do we even turn though that will be two bad hires in a row.

IU has never had a problem playing up to a ranked opponent, regardless of whether or not they lost the previous game. Not saying they don’t ever get beat, but they’ve always played with a little more grit against hyped competition. Probably true for most programs.
I seem to remember getting our doors blown off and back-to-back games last year against Kansas and Arizona. I think ranked Wisconsin blew our doors off last year as well. I could go all the way back to a super hyped game at Cameron indoor stadium where just throttle us from the startand ended up beating us by 20 or so. Didn’t we lose by 50 or something like that to Michigan?

I disagree... the backcourt talent isn't there. Trey is a great kid and works hard bur he's a 15 minute a game type...and not a starter. Gabe Cupps will be solid and is the kind of kid every program needs but he's not ready to start. Again, when your recruiting avenue is high end guys and portal transfers, whoever has a bigger check usually wins. He missed on portal guards... this is what you get.

I disagree... the backcourt talent isn't there. Trey is a great kid and works hard bur he's a 15 minute a game type...and not a starter. Gabe Cupps will be solid and is the kind of kid every program needs but he's not ready to start. Again, when your recruiting avenue is high end guys and portal transfers, whoever has a bigger check usually wins. He missed on portal guards... this is what you get.
Talent is there, team construction is an issue. We have 3 really good front court guys. Average to below guards and zero shooting

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainZigZag
How do you recruit guards when all video tape indicates Woody’s guards stand around on perimeter while bigs get the shots? I mean Woody got turned down by a great shooter who actually chose Rick Barnes over us- Barnes is not an offensive coach.

How do you recruit guards when all video tape indicates Woody’s guards stand around on perimeter while bigs get the shots? I mean Woody got turned down by a great shooter who actually chose Rick Barnes over us- Barnes is not an offensive coach.
But he is a college coach with the need for a shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT