ADVERTISEMENT

This McCulley comment says a lot

Crusty The Baker

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2021
McCulley — the Lawrence North product — started four games at quarterback for Indiana in 2021 and moved to receiver the following the season. His 44 yards on one attempt equaled Sorsby’s passing output, and he was 8 yards shy of Jackson's total.

“I think it is really hard to get yourself in a routine and get other guys in a routine,” McCulley said of the rotating quarterback situation. “I’m not sure why they would switch off, but I think it’s hard to get into a routine when you’re doing that.”

McCulley added sometimes the offensive unit learned which quarterback would start a drive on the bench. Other times, players didn’t know which QB would enter until the final huddle before marching on the field.

From the IndyStar:

Who is IU football's QB? We're in Week 7, and we don't know — and neither does Tom Allen.

A Michigan player was interviewed after the game said the coaches told them they were in the ass kicking business and right now business was very good.

LEO - what a freaking embarrassment.

A Michigan player was interviewed after the game said the coaches told them they were in the ass kicking business and right now business was very good.

You mean being stronger and meaner than the other guy in football is good thing? Who knew.....

They had to play both guys. New coordinator couldn't blame things on Jackson, but he had to take another look at Sorsby.

I felt bad when Jackson went to the bench and sat by himself after the last interception. He looked sad, as if he knew his chances of playing going forward had just become pretty slim. He has a lot of potential and I think he did hurt his chances.

I don't see where McCulley commented on the fact they didn't get into any rhythm when Indiana wasn't platooning in a couple previous games. Maybe he should think about that. He's a fine player though. They need to get the offense going. They have some talent.

I prefer to see other running backs than Lucas get carries. Just because Jaylin is an outstanding returner, doesn't make him a great running back. I think he's an average back, compared to a lot of talent in this league. Great returner though, one of the best.

Reactions: midwolfe and 76-1
McCulley — the Lawrence North product — started four games at quarterback for Indiana in 2021 and moved to receiver the following the season. His 44 yards on one attempt equaled Sorsby’s passing output, and he was 8 yards shy of Jackson's total.

“I think it is really hard to get yourself in a routine and get other guys in a routine,” McCulley said of the rotating quarterback situation. “I’m not sure why they would switch off, but I think it’s hard to get into a routine when you’re doing that.”

McCulley added sometimes the offensive unit learned which quarterback would start a drive on the bench. Other times, players didn’t know which QB would enter until the final huddle before marching on the field.

From the IndyStar:

Who is IU football's QB? We're in Week 7, and we don't know — and neither does Tom Allen.

It goes back to that old adage, If You are playing more than one QB, You don't have a QB. Other players see these guys every day at practice and know Who is getting the job done and Who has leadership skills. If You let this go on too long. your team gets divided into factions and you have dissension and lack of cohesiveness and teamwork.

Allen wants to make everyone happy and doesn't have the leadership skills to make a tough decision. No matter Who starts, as We have seen unfortunately over the past few years, our second string QB is one play away from being on the field, and one major injury away from being your Starter for the rest of the Year. You can't pout about not starting, be prepared, and be involved.

Based upon what I have seen in games, Sorsby throws the ball more accurately and seems to have better control of the huddle. You have to wonder if there is a hesitancy to piss Jackson off, and they are treating Him like a Legacy due to his Brother's Accomplishments.

Lose Every One😂

It goes back to that old adage, If You are playing more than one QB, You don't have a QB. Other players see these guys every day at practice and know Who is getting the job done and Who has leadership skills. If You let this go on too long. your team gets divided into factions and you have dissension and lack of cohesiveness and teamwork.

Allen wants to make everyone happy and doesn't have the leadership skills to make a tough decision. No matter Who starts, as We have seen unfortunately over the past few years, our second string QB is one play away from being on the field, and one major injury away from being your Starter for the rest of the Year. You can't pout about not starting, be prepared, and be involved.

Based upon what I have seen in games, Sorsby throws the ball more accurately and seems to have better control of the huddle. You have to wonder if there is a hesitancy to piss Jackson off, and they are treating Him like a Legacy due to his Brother's Accomplishments.
Players also realize that neither of these guys are ready to be Big Ten starters, as neither has much experience and / or eye popping talent. Players understand we just don’t have the horses. It’s why, in spite of our reliance on the portal for over half of our two deep, we missed on the most important position on the field, and it’s killing our offense. That’s a coaching issue.

They had to play both guys. New coordinator couldn't blame things on Jackson, but he had to take another look at Sorsby.

I felt bad when Jackson went to the bench and sat by himself after the last interception. He looked sad, as if he knew his chances of playing going forward had just become pretty slim. He has a lot of potential and I think he did hurt his chances.

I don't see where McCulley commented on the fact they didn't get into any rhythm when Indiana wasn't platooning in a couple previous games. Maybe he should think about that. He's a fine player though. They need to get the offense going. They have some talent.

I prefer to see other running backs than Lucas get carries. Just because Jaylin is an outstanding returner, doesn't make him a great running back. I think he's an average back, compared to a lot of talent in this league. Great returner though, one of the best.
Agreed. Fast but not particularly shifty or elusive. Also believe his vision is only average and his decision making dancing to find a northbound path is a major negative. Meaning he is an open spaces ball carrier.

Reactions: midwolfe
McCulley's did state that he wasn't targeted much and his demeanor during the interview leads me to believe that he might be thinking about the portal and playing somewhere else next year.
I hope not. Just a observation

If Jackson was actually sad, he should be on the bench. I hope he was mad. Mad at himself and getting his mind ready to come in and redeem himself. There is no time to be sad in football. Mad is good.

If Jackson was actually sad, he should be on the bench. I hope he was mad. Mad at himself and getting his mind ready to come in and redeem himself. There is no time to be sad in football. Mad is good.
Maybe it was that.

I'm no elite body language reader.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT