ADVERTISEMENT

This is why they will always be little brother

No actually pu stinks on National TV.
You are Losers like you have been every year.
5-0 IU
6-0 UCONN

My daughter just texted me that same X link. Must be going around on X. 😂 😂 😂 😂

There's a Purdue poster who comes on here and insists this doesn't happen anymore. Wish I remembered his handle here.
One of the funniest things seen yet is the viral image of the Purdue whiteboard after the game. I won’t remember them in this tournament for anything other than this…

Frd9nViaQAEDn1I.jpg:large

it should be embarrassing to Purdue to be chanting about Indiana during the NCAA finals. But it is even more embarrassing that Hoosier fans are trying to belittle the Purdue program while the Indiana program is in the crapper.

Well, I definitely don't feel bad for those folks.

The IU dislike is real w a lot of PU fans. Damn near hate.

I have noticed I've never seen a single Boilermaker yelling IU sucks all by his lonesome out in the real world.
Yea, this is why I never cheer for them even when they had likable teams like their late 2000’s Hummel/Moore/Johnson squads.

it should be embarrassing to Purdue to be chanting about Indiana during the NCAA finals. But it is even more embarrassing that Hoosier fans are trying to belittle the Purdue program while the Indiana program is in the crapper.
Um no. They are our rival. Them losing and us relishing in that is expected. They were the ones on TV playing.

What Purdue does is just sad. Purdue wouldn't
cross my mind for a millisecond if IU were ever to make it back to the NCAA title game. There would be zero PU sucks chants at assembly hall.

My problem with pu and their fans is a lack of respect they have for our NCAA titles. They try to belittle our titles because they were a while ago. Well, I remember the last 3 very well. I can watch a replay of the games whenever I want and it seems like it just happened.

They obviously know how difficult it is to win a NCAA title since they are 0-infinity. They mock what they don't know. If they would win one title, maybe they would respect what winning 5 is like. Or, what the memories of watching 3 are like. They will never have that!

My problem with pu and their fans is a lack of respect they have for our NCAA titles. They try to belittle our titles because they were a while ago. Well, I remember the last 3 very well. I can watch a replay of the games whenever I want and it seems like it just happened.

They obviously know how difficult it is to win a NCAA title since they are 0-infinity. They mock what they don't know. If they would win one title, maybe they would respect what winning 5 is like. Or, what the memories of watching 3 are like. They will never have that!
When those titles occurred IU was a true state school, now almost 50% of the kids come from out of state, same as Purdue, Michigan, and a lot of the Big Ten. A trend driven by state funding and administrations who actively recruit out of state kids.

I point this out because we need to open our eyes to what our state universities have become and what they no longer are. The same could be said for basketball. Those wins were for a school and a sport that really doesn’t exist in it’s current state.

When you bring up a past unrecognizable to those in the present you will catch grief for it. Just the way it is.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the memories, but you can’t use nostalgia to avoid what the present is.

• Sad
Reactions: Bucket Getter
When those titles occurred IU was a true state school, now almost 50% of the kids come from out of state, same as Purdue, Michigan, and a lot of the Big Ten. A trend driven by state funding and administrations who actively recruit out of state kids.

I point this out because we need to open our eyes to what our state universities have become and what they no longer are. The same could be said for basketball. Those wins were for a school and a sport that really doesn’t exist in it’s current state.

When you bring up a past unrecognizable to those in the present you will catch grief for it. Just the way it is.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the memories, but you can’t use nostalgia to avoid what the present is.
Sad reality.

So many different thoughts on this situation...

I have a lot of respect for Painter and the teams he has built and many of the players on his teams. He has had several very good teams over the past 10 years or so. I wish I could say the same about IU the past 7 or 8 years.

I have zero respect for their fanbase and those tools chanting IU sucks at the biggest stage they've been on since the moon landing.

I think I was 9 the last time IU won it all, although they made it to championship game the last year I was at IU (grad school) and Crean had a couple of very good teams. But by and large IU isn't all that good anymore and doesn't seem to have the will to do what is needed to be good anymore.

As others have stated - it doesn't matter as much. IU is a different school and college basketball is a different game. I still spend way too much time reading these message boards so I know I still care but it's a different era and the old game of college athletes representing their school probably isn't coming back.

Reactions: IUgradman

We ARE the state school. Many across the country don't know where PU is located. My friends on the west coast thought PU was in Tennessee.

Indiana does recruit Indiana. Our best players over the years have been from Indiana/Illinois. IU can also recruit elite talent from across the country. Painter rarely makes a serious effort for those elite players.

You can try to make our titles irrelevant to today, but you will fail because there are too many around that took part or witnessed these titles. The goal and the excitement is still the same.

Last edited:

"now almost 50% of the kids come from out of state"

OUT OF STATE???? How about OUT OF COUNTRY!!!!!!!

Edey - Toronto, Ontario
Burg - Stockholm Sweden

Reactions: nichlee
Sad reality.

It means the schools are getting better.

Does the state of Indiana send enough kids to college to fill IU or PU?

You wanna eat, live and die in your own shit? Go to a school w only people all from your home state.

Indiana U has a hospitals, law schools, etc. It's big. It never would've become that w/o branching out. All good schools do it.

to channel RMK...

I'm sick and Fn tired of losing to hearing about Purdue !!
This is a reflection of when things changed between IU and Purdue, Bobby did not like to lose, Period! But losing to Purdue was the end of the world for him! He took the war to the media, to the airwaves, he even threw a chair during a game with (no surprise) PURDUE! Bobby was a great coach, but he was a jerk! But he won, so fans went along and a lot of them joined in, until Knight went to far, his throne was bigger than IU basketball. IU fans need to.realize that it wasn't INDIANA U,, it was Bobby Knight U! When IU fired BK they fired there history!

This is a reflection of when things changed between IU and Purdue, Bobby did not like to lose, Period! But losing to Purdue was the end of the world for him! He took the war to the media, to the airwaves, he even threw a chair during a game with (no surprise) PURDUE! Bobby was a great coach, but he was a jerk! But he won, so fans went along and a lot of them joined in, until Knight went to far, his throne was bigger than IU basketball. IU fans need to.realize that it wasn't INDIANA U,, it was Bobby Knight U! When IU fired BK they fired there history!
Lol

If you ask them, everyone thinks they are an ivy league school.
Over the many years I have heard this claim literally 100 times, maybe more.

Each and every time it comes from the mouth or keyboard of a Pu grad. Several I have hired, some fired.

It is their mantra.

Especially when you don’t have anything to be “nostalgic” about…right?

It means the schools are getting better.

Does the state of Indiana send enough kids to college to fill IU or PU?

You wanna eat, live and die in your own shit? Go to a school w only people all from your home state.

Indiana U has a hospitals, law schools, etc. It's big. It never would've become that w/o branching out. All good schools do it.
IU recruits good students from the east coast, west coast and internationally. That is a good thing that adds to the depth of education and cultural richness our children receive in Btown.

Even in our day, top students from the North Shore came to Btown to attend Kelley or Jacobs because of their stature. That diversity has expanded and that is a good thing. Our children don't need four more years of Indiana high school culture.

I was trying to come up with some sort of mathematical representation to depict the ratio of how often PU fans think about RMK, compared to how often IU fans think about Gene Keady. But my mental calculator kept spitting out a "division by zero error" message...so I gave up.

Rent free.

He was a bit irritated with an 8-10 record, if I remember right, from that speech. Now we get a 10-10 record, and we're told to chill out and that the coach is doing his job.

• Haha
Reactions: smitty3725
IU recruits good students from the east coast, west coast and internationally. That is a good thing that adds to the depth of education and cultural richness our children receive in Btown.

Even in our day, top students from the North Shore came to Btown to attend Kelley or Jacobs because of their stature. That diversity has expanded and that is a good thing. Our children don't need four more years of Indiana high school culture.
10 minutes around the east coasters that congregate in the frat houses with out of state money will tell you that culture isn't all that great.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
10 minutes around the east coasters that congregate in the frat houses with out of state money will tell you that culture isn't all that great.
lol, yeah I was thrust into working in NY, NJ and CN very early on and a bit of advance knowledge would have been helpful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT