ADVERTISEMENT

This female announcer is terrible

Thanks for this intelligent and insightful post.

A pair of testicles is not a prerequisite for announcing a sporting event or for performing most occupations. It's unfortunate there are a lot of men (and plenty of women as well) who feel threatened by successful women in traditionally male roles.

If the original poster didn't like the announcer and wanted to avoid the blowback he's deservedly received, he should've identified Mowins by name (instead of the "female announcer" label) and articulated some cogent reasons - - - that have nothing to do with gender - - why he believes she's no good. If he thinks she's terrible simply because she's a woman and sounds like a woman (12 year-old boys typically don't sound like men), then he's an idiot.
There are good female sportscasters. I don't like it when they repeat knowledge as though they played the game. I don't think you need to have played to call a game. Don't pretend you played if you didn't. I played through high school and can describe how a player feels when they make a tackle, get tackled, hits an open hole or catches a pass.

My app was free...content free

They must have hooked me at some point...

giphy.gif

Ok, I just checked and it certainly tried to charge me. I think homeboy is getting charged and not knowing it :)

Ok, just checked. TuneIn is like 9.99 a month while TuneIn Pro is 10 bucks and appears to have all the games via radio stations that play them. I bought it so I will provide an update next week and report on overall experience

Ok, just checked. TuneIn is like 9.99 a month while TuneIn Pro is 10 bucks and appears to have all the games via radio stations that play them. I bought it so I will provide an update next week and report on overall experience
Thanks Sparky.... I’m gonna look into if I am paying. Thanks for the heads up

I think it’s safe to say that Cam Newton would have “liked” the OP’s post.....

Via your app or website? I think the website is free but I always just run everything thru my phone. When I think Tune In I always think app but it does appear you can sign up and listen for free there.

https://tunein.com/

I have the app on my phone. I have an android phone and got it through Google. I don't even have a payment method set up as I have never paid for an app.

Nobody said it was moron. Jesus.. are you seriously this stupid? I must know.. are you? She sucks as an announcer because she is terrible to listen to on TV. I hated Todd Leary because he sounded like he had brain damage. Does that mean I hate 6'1 point guards that have a 6 inch vertical? Look at the hysteria in your post and go back and read my post. Man, talk about projection. Get some mental help you psycho
Here's an idea. Put down the bottle, sober up, take off the wife-beater, put on an IU t-shirt, and get your sorry ass up to Bloomington for a game. Then you won't be burdened by any female TV announcers, and maybe you'll be able to post something relevant to IU football for a change.

Reactions: RBB89
There are good female sportscasters. I don't like it when they repeat knowledge as though they played the game. I don't think you need to have played to call a game. Don't pretend you played if you didn't. I played through high school and can describe how a player feels when they make a tackle, get tackled, hits an open hole or catches a pass.
Do you have any idea how many male announcers/sports writers never played the game? That is such a stupid argument.

Do you have any idea how many male announcers/sports writers never played the game? That is such a stupid argument.
I said, don't pretend you played the game if you didn't. It is irritating to me. Since few women have played football (I know a couple that were kickers, so that kind of counts), some comments are irritating to me. It isn't a stupid argument. It is a statement of a pet peeve of mine. I hope that explains it in enough detail for you.

Reactions: Ewezrfan1
Like talking about a WR's skill at running pass routes, for example?
Someone that has never played the game can learn what techniques can be involved in running a good route. Change of pace, stutter steps, faking a change of direction, and other techniques can be learned and discussed.

I sometimes find it awkward when someone that I know never played talks about missed tackles, taking a hit, fielding a punt, and other actions on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT