ADVERTISEMENT

things that green is good at

Recruiting has sucked no getting around that. Armaan Franklin would have never been recruited by Knight maybe Leal and Galloway, maybe would have gotten looks. Knight's recruiting kicked ass he didn't dick around with 3 star type players look at 1989 roster go look that up those players were studs ok. Recruiting is awful right now. Just awful.

Different era. Talent is down across the board. Look back at some of the big ten teams from 20 years ago or older and you will see teams stocked with future nba greats.

comparing IU’s talent now to a Knight team is a waste of time. Look around the big ten. How do we compare to current teams? That’s the big question.

the second question I would have, and it’s a simple one, is our team better than the collection of individual talent on it? Is it better than the sum of its parts? Bo Ryan was a master at this. Some coaches have to have elite talent to be any good (our last coach was that way). I expected miller to be closer to a BO Ryan than a Tom Crean. Now, well I just don’t know.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Different era. Talent is down across the board. Look back at some of the big ten teams from 20 years ago or older and you will see teams stocked with future nba greats.

comparing IU’s talent now to a Knight team is a waste of time. Look around the big ten. How do we compare to current teams? That’s the big question.

the second question I would have, and it’s a simple one, is our team better than the collection of individual talent on it? Is it better than the sum of its parts? Bo Ryan was a master at this. Some coaches have to have elite talent to be any good (our last coach was that way). I expected miller to be closer to a BO Ryan than a Tom Crean. Now, well I just don’t know.
Tom Crean would be a HUGE improvement at this point.

I hate the expression(s) on his face when Archie is trying to get his attention and reason with him.

That tells you everything you need to know about the guy. He is not to be relied on.

Archie's dicked around with him for 3 years and tried every motivational technique, which has amounted to a lot of wasted time & effort.

He fit the Crean "slash and crash" mold a lot better but AM has needed a second ball handler and occasional shooter so he has stuck with him by default.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT