ADVERTISEMENT

These kids sincerely do not care.

I think they care they are just not smart players for the most part.

Coaching has nothing to do with missing wide open 3's. 19 turnovers. Recruiting has everything to do with it.

Forgot there was even a game in tonight. Honestly though the games I have watched have been nauseating. This is NOT basketball these kids play anymore. The quality of the game has fallen so far from what it used to be it’s sickening. I’m 40 and I sound like an old timer but am I wrong? All kids seem to care about is their brand and getting theirs….its a pathetic world we live in now.

No pride, effort, desire.

Nothing
When your 6th year point guard is thrown out of the game for grabbing a guys nuts and laughs about it walking off the floor, you know the team is a rudderless ship from a player leadership perspective. Equal to TJD's basketball performance, we miss his court and team leadership just as much. This team is garbage and I don't think any of them give a shit.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Did Woody yank MM from the game after the intentional foul? I don't think he did.

When your 6th year point guard is thrown out of the game for grabbing a guys nuts and laughs about it walking off the floor, you know the team is a rudderless ship from a player leadership perspective. Equal to TJD's basketball performance, we miss his court and team leadership just as much. This team is garbage and I don't think any of them give a shit.

XJ should be benched the rest of the year.

It's a rough team to watch, that's for sure.

It’s hard to get open shots when you literally run no set offense or action beyond a pick and roll.
Correct. This is far and away the biggest problem. At least 60% of the offense comes from dribble back downs. It's easy to see why IU is easy to guard and why they turn it over so much. They don't have an offense. They have plays. I like a couple of their plays, but they tend to run one or two and then resort to post feeds and high ball screens which leads to standing around and easy defense.

There some dumb shit in this thread, I really like the one claiming no other action than PnR.. which is an action in many sets. In fact it tends to be the most common action ran in some form... by almost everyone. lmao ..

Smartest fanbase in basketball my ass ..

Woody kicking XJ out of Bloomington and saying "we don't play like that" will do more for this team then beating Purdue (who may not be #1 when we face them anyway)
Since we have so many guards to spare. If Woody could recruit guards, then go ahead and send him up the Monon line. He's still here for a reason.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This team is Bubblicious. It also appears that the momentum in that direction is intensifying. That should not be the case at this point in Woodson's tenure....but it is. IU basketball is beginning to look like that corner store front that just can't keep a business open in it. Every town has one...seems like a decent location...and no matter what kind of business moves in...it shuts its doors after a few months.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
They care but they are not that talented. Can't shoot. 18 turnovers so far.
On paper we have three five star players which no other big ten team has. We do not have a good system, culture, or good coaching.

I am apathetic towards Woody. Woody is not responsible for the team going 4-14 from the FT line. Woody is not responsible for Senior guard Galloway not being able to come close on wide open shots. Woody is somewhat responsible for 19 turnovers (but that is mostly on a 6th year senior and the rest).
What Woody and Archie and the rest are responsible for is recruiting basketball players. Guys that can shoot, score, defend, and produce at the college level.

Reactions: bailey777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT