ADVERTISEMENT

There has to be an explanation for Glass being silent

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Don't want to can the coach based only on a handshake with someone who may have a long run in the tournament. At least this is what I keep telling myself.

IU's incoming 2017 recruits are not in the Top 40. And a few guys may leave to play in the D-league or overseas. That would portend another mediocre year for 2017-18. And without an extension CTC will have great difficulty recruiting for 2018. And clearly they are not going to give Crean an extension.

Unless Glass decides to ride this out and then extend Crean's contract another year based on the don't look at the first three years or the last year principle. It is past noon. I need a beer.

Our coach is playing in the tournament right now, and Glass wants to be respectful and not cause a distraction. Like Carolina did when they went after Williams, or Okie State did when they went after Self.

That's the narrative I'm choosing to believe.

Reactions: ams66
Our coach is playing in the tournament right now, and Glass wants to be respectful and not cause a distraction. Like Carolina did when they went after Williams, or Okie State did when they went after Self.

That's the narrative I'm choosing to believe.

That's no excuse for not firing Crean right now. Whatever media speculation inevitably pops up isn't Glass's responsibility. Glass can still wait until after the tourney to start serious talks with coaches.

Since there appears. To be no search committee, he has his final candidate(s) lined up. Makes the no home game more understandable. Wonder if the players knew, considering how they played.

Don't want to can the coach based only on a handshake with someone who may have a long run in the tournament. At least this is what I keep telling myself.

IU's incoming 2017 recruits are not in the Top 40. And a few guys may leave to play in the D-league or overseas. That would portend another mediocre year for 2017-18. And without an extension CTC will have great difficulty recruiting for 2018. And clearly they are not going to give Crean an extension.

Unless Glass decides to ride this out and then extend Crean's contract another year based on the don't look at the first three years or the last year principle. It is past noon. I need a beer.
IU choosing to go in a new direction. It is past noon. I think I'll have a beer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT