ADVERTISEMENT

The winner Saturday goes to...

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
what bowl game in your opinion?
SI has PUke going to NY City for the Pinstripe Bowl.
If we win I don’t see them having us back this soon.Thoughts?

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan

Supposedly, according to CBS Sports, pu won't be eligible to be considered to go to a Bowl even if they were to ekk out a win on Saturday. If CBS is to believed, pu's APR is too low (960) to make the cut... ---

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...m-eligibility-tracker-for-2018-19-bowl-games/
/// You have to scroll down below the "One Win Away" header to find that info///

I say we take pity on them in this one case and put them out of their misery by winning the Bucket back and helping them avoid that type of National embarrassment...;)

*****False alarm, either I misread the original article or it wasn't clearly written. The APR calculation only comes into play for 5 Win teams (if there aren't enough 6 win teams to fill the Bowl slots..) Apologies for the confusion.*****

I didn't really like the idea of helping them avoid embarrassment anyway:D;)

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Mac
Supposedly, according to CBS Sports, pu won't be eligible to be considered to go to a Bowl even if they were to ekk out a win on Saturday. If CBS is to believed, pu's APR is too low (960) to make the cut... ---

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...m-eligibility-tracker-for-2018-19-bowl-games/
/// You have to scroll down below the "One Win Away" header to find that info///

I say we take pity on them in this one case and put them out of their misery by winning the Bucket back and helping them avoid that type of National embarrassment...;)
APR only matters if a team has only 5 wins and there are not enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. If PU wins Saturday, they will go bowling.

Reactions: 76-1
APR only matters if a team has only 5 wins and there are not enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. If PU wins Saturday, they will go bowling.

Yeah, I left up my original post, but edited it to clarify the error...:oops:

Music Ctiy or Gator. Pinstripe and Redbox have already had us and the Big Ten agreements call for no or minimal repeats. There won’t be enough Big Ten teams eligible for us to fall to Detroit.

If the B10 is focused on getting different teams to the bowls, I think our only options are MC/Gator or QuickLane. A lot will depend on what MD and MIN do and if NW can pull an upset in the championship game. Nine or ten 6-win teams or OSU/MICH winning championship game likely means we'd be in Detroit.

It looks like Purdue could go as high as MC/Gator, Pinstripe, or QuickLane. Again, depends a lot on if MD/MIN win Saturday and what happens in the championship game.

Reactions: CC Mac
If the B10 is focused on getting different teams to the bowls, I think our only options are MC/Gator or QuickLane. A lot will depend on what MD and MIN do and if NW can pull an upset in the championship game. Nine or ten 6-win teams or OSU/MICH winning championship game likely means we'd be in Detroit.

It looks like Purdue could go as high as MC/Gator, Pinstripe, or QuickLane. Again, depends a lot on if MD/MIN win Saturday and what happens in the championship game.
Both MD and MIN face tall orders to get that 6th win Saturday. Long odds for either to be bowl eligible.

Actually did a little research and (if I read things correctly this time) it looks like the Music City Bowl won't be an option this year for a Big Ten team (per someone's article[lost the link but you can most like google it]... Explanation: ACC & Big Ten get 3 years and 3 years vs SEC..., it's the ACC's turn (supposedly)...

My guess for INDIANA is a matchup with North Texas in the Servpro First Responders Bowl (formerly "Heart of Dallas")

My guesses for the remaining matchups:

Quick Lane: VA vs MD

Pin Stripe: P$U vs Syracuse

Red Box (formerly Foster Farms):
M$U vs Stanford

Holiday: Iowa vs Oregon

Gator: WI vs Missouri

Citrus: MI vs KY

Outback: "the o$u vs FL

Rose: NW vs WA

I think Ohio State upsets MI...[and Harbaugh has to be restrained from jumping off the nearest bridge;))..., then Ohio State reverts to mid season form and lays an egg vs Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship) - Urban can't be restrained from jumping off the nearest bridge into White River but only succeeds in spraining both ankles when he lands in only two feet of water covering 3 feet of muck...

He's rescued (with the only noticeable ill effects being mild hypothermia, along with a noticeable limp...), shares some of Dakich's meds and announces he'll be back in 2019...

(Ryan Day is seen having to be restrained from strangling him [the Ohio State AD is seen appearing to attempt to assist Day, rather than restrain him...;))...

Kevin Wilson is said to have been seen having a double shot from his hip flask, while walking away mumbling to himself...

The Ohio State Defensive Coordinator was last seen fighting off an angry mob composed of 340 pound middle aged men disguised as bipedal buckeyes...

Local law enforcement remained in bemused observation mode... (one being overheard to say to his partner: "You ever seen anything like this?" His partners disgusted reply: F....ing Buckeyes...!!!!!)

Results of both games do little to nothing to dampen the extraordinary arrogance of either fan base ("the o$u's & michigans)...:rolleyes:

Side note: MN is an extreme long shot as a 5-7 Bowl pickup (if someone is desperate for a slot filler).../// pu's APR is too low to even be considered as a 5-7 filler (what a surprise...) :D;):D/// :-]

Last edited:
Reactions: muubell
Actually did a little research and (if I read things correctly this time) it looks like the Music City Bowl won't be an option this year for a Big Ten team (per someone's article[lost the link but you can most like google it]... Explanation: ACC & Big Ten get 3 years and 3 years vs SEC..., it's the ACC's turn (supposedly)...

My guess for INDIANA is a matchup with North Texas in the Servpro First Responders Bowl (formerly "Heart of Dallas")

My guesses for the remaining matchups:

Quick Lane: VA vs MD

Pin Stripe: P$U vs Syracuse

Red Box (formerly Foster Farms):
M$U vs Stanford

Holiday: Iowa vs Oregon

Gator: WI vs Missouri

Citrus: MI vs KY

Outback: "the o$u vs FL

Rose: NW vs WA

I think Ohio State upsets MI...[and Harbaugh has to be restrained from jumping off the nearest bridge;))..., then reverts to mid season form and lays an egg vs Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship)

MN is an extreme long shot as a 5-7 Bowl pickup (if someone is desperate for a slot filler).../// pu's APR is too low to even be considered as a 5-7 filler (what a surprise...) :D;):D/// :-]
That's complete and total chaos.

I like it. :)

That's complete and total chaos.

I like it. :)

I figure the refs will be confused as to which team to favor in the Ohio State vs Michigan game resulting in a near meltdown on the field. Order will be restored when 5 of them remember that they actually have to live in Ohio and that most of the senior Michigan refs have retired...

Forgot to add: You can be certain the Michigan faithful will blame their annual meltdown against the Buckeyes on our Offensive Guard who miraculously was able to injure Winovichs collarbone by falling on his hip...

The determination procedures doc on the B10's web site (link at bottom) shows Music City and Gator as an 'or' for 2018. So far in the six year agreement, the B10 has sent teams to two Gator Bowls and two Music City Bowls. Whichever one lands a B10 team this year will be the last time the conference sends a team until a new agreement happens (most of the B10's bowl agreements are 2014-2019). Ultimately it's one or the other with the only restrictions being Iowa or Penn State can't go back to Gator Bowl and Northwestern and Nebraska can't go to Music City until a new agreement arrives.

Things got a little pesky this week when PSU moved into the top 12 in the CFP rankings. With UCF in the top 10 and the likely 'Group of 6' rep in the NY6 games, there'd be no one to bump them out. OSU will likely fall out if they lose. Either way, a B10 team will likely land in a 2nd NY6 game other than the Rose Bowl and I don't think it's out of the question for three to go .

FWIW, here's where I'd have teams landing in your scenario (OSU over Mich, NW wins B10 championship, MN loses, MD wins, IU wins)
  • ROSE - Northwestern v WSU
  • FIESTA - Michigan v Utah
  • PEACH - OSU v UCF
  • CITRUS - PSU v Florida
  • OUTBACK - MSU v LSU
  • HOLIDAY - Iowa v Oregon
  • MUSIC CITY or GATOR - IU v UK (wouldn't that be fun?)
  • PINSTRIPE - Maryland v Virginia
  • REDBOX - Wisconsin v Stanford
IU is kind of the monkey wrench in this scenario. B10 likely doesn't want to return a team this early in the agreement, so no Pinstripe or Redbox. So the next one up is Music City or Gator. I imagine if IU is made available to Music City, they'd take them.

https://bigten.org/documents/2018/11/5/2018_Bowl_Determination_Procedures.pdf

Reactions: IUCol and 76-1
The determination procedures doc on the B10's web site (link at bottom) shows Music City and Gator as an 'or' for 2018. So far in the six year agreement, the B10 has sent teams to two Gator Bowls and two Music City Bowls. Whichever one lands a B10 team this year will be the last time the conference sends a team until a new agreement happens (most of the B10's bowl agreements are 2014-2019). Ultimately it's one or the other with the only restrictions being Iowa or Penn State can't go back to Gator Bowl and Northwestern and Nebraska can't go to Music City until a new agreement arrives.

Things got a little pesky this week when PSU moved into the top 12 in the CFP rankings. With UCF in the top 10 and the likely 'Group of 6' rep in the NY6 games, there'd be no one to bump them out. OSU will likely fall out if they lose. Either way, a B10 team will likely land in a 2nd NY6 game other than the Rose Bowl and I don't think it's out of the question for three to go .

FWIW, here's where I'd have teams landing in your scenario (OSU over Mich, NW wins B10 championship, MN loses, MD wins, IU wins)
  • PEACH - OSU v UCF
  • CITRUS - PSU v Florida
  • OUTBACK - MSU v LSU
IU is kind of the monkey wrench in this scenario. B10 likely doesn't want to return a team this early in the agreement, so no Pinstripe or Redbox. So the next one up is Music City or Gator. I imagine if IU is made available to Music City, they'd take them.

I like your take on the future and bow to your superior research :D

Last edited:
Reactions: IUCol
Not sure Music City would want Kentucky two years in a row. Not sure UK fans would be inclined for that either.

That's a good point. I didn't look at who the SEC has sent recently. Not sure if they have the same "different teams" arrangement or not. This one could go to the Gator Bowl if that's the matchup, though I have seen other bowl projections putting Kentucky in the Citrus Bowl.

I was there behind the goal posts. It went outside the right upright. Only the published camera angle made it look good.

Depends on angle of view. Actually the angle the camera was at made it look slightly out. See Parallax Error.

Forgot to add: You can be certain the Michigan faithful will blame their annual meltdown against the Buckeyes on our Offensive Guard who miraculously was able to injure Winovichs collarbone by falling on his hip...
Or that Edwards was the key to their victory against the Buckeyes.

BTW, is that kid OK to play on Saturday? I sincerely hope so . . . .

• PEACH - OSU v UCF
  • CITRUS - PSU v Florida
  • OUTBACK - MSU v LSU

Music City would be a great choice, IU would travel very well there.

Gotta take care of bidness first...

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT