ADVERTISEMENT

The Roof and the Ceiling

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
If Romeo comes to IU the roof is....what?
If Romeo doesn't come to IU the ceiling is...what?

With him I think IU could possibly get to the S16
Without him, we get back to the NCAA and win our first round game.

Essentially, then, I think Romeo is worth one extra round in the NCAA tourney for us.

Essentially, then, I think Romeo is worth one extra round in the NCAA tourney for us.
I’ll hold off on predicting. Last year it didn’t work out too well.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I think CAM's team is going to have a leap in basketball IQ over the offseason. Its a huge part of what good coaches accomplish.

Reactions: cshartle123

Bubble tournament team with him, possible NIT without him. Too much youth.

everyone knows Romeo is really good.

they just don't realize how good.

i'd really like to see the coaches work on Smith's shooting motion.

what little i saw of it last yr did not look good to me.

i thought IU did a big disservice to Sheehey in not forcing him to change that shooting motion he had.

it was never going to allow him to be the player he could have been.

Smith's doesn't look right to me either. needs to fix that.

Smith get's a mid/outside game, and he jumps another level.

Green still has a level he hasn't reached yet, and plays too lazy too much. he has the talent to improve more than just the normal one yr older and more mature improvement. (it's there, he just has to find it). (maybe part mental toughness thing).

can't comment on the incoming freshmen, as i've only seen highlights. (RP caught my attention a couple times viewing highlights).

wouldn't make any predictions till i've seen the freshmen.

don't think De'Ron back won't help. he and Morgan both excel occupying the same space, so each expanding their game a hair, and learning to compliment each other more could be nice.

a couple good surprises by the fresh, a couple more by returning players, and we'll be much better.

if Romeo comes, we'll be better than most think.

Youth doesn't mean anything anymore. MSU has a young team and they are seeded high. It is all in how team develops and adheres to CAM's style of play. I believe the kids coming in all have a great work ethic. They will turn the team around. They all relish the game of basketball coached by CAM.

With him: ceiling of Big Ten champs and a Final Four run. Floor of being a bubble team that squeaks in as a 10 or 11 seed.

Without him: Ceiling of 3rd or 4th in the Big Ten and a 8-11 seed. Floor of worse year than this year.

Reactions: cshartle123

With Romeo- Top 10ish and a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney
Without Romeo- Top 30ish 7 or 8 seed in the NCAA tourney

Need to see what other roster changes happen.

I think we add and lose at least one more (not including Romeo)

Miller's second year at Dayton had similar results to his first. It wasn't until year 3 that Dayton became a consistent Top 25 outfit. Which is typical for most coaches.

By year three, a coach's first recruiting class is sophomores and his system starts to take hold (for better or worse). Romeo to IU would speed up the timeline by a year.

Romeo will no doubt be a very good addition. I wouldn't rule out a S16 with a pretty good front court. How we do without him will depend on how good CAM's backup plan is. I'm feeling that the backup plan is a graduate transfer and/or a juco guard. The firing of Marty Simmons leaves Ryan Taylor at UE a possibility. That would mean a focus on guards for 2019.

I am still expecting one player leaving and CAM saving that scholarship for 2019. Right now, only Morgan is expected to leave after next year. Saving a scholarship for 2019 will allow us to go after a big or two guards. I like that CAM doesn't feel the need to fill the roster with a player that will never play.

With Romeo - sweet 16 & top 3 in B1G
w/o Romeo - make NCAA Tourn & maybe win a game & 4-6 in B1G

Expect Davis to improve & solidify the middle with Thompson & Forrester
Big improvement from Greene, Durham & Smith
Hunter will be a shot contributor.
RP will help, but doubt if he starts
Anderson could be our needed 3pt shooter
Morgan will contend for B1G MVP
Romeo will be Frost of the year if he comes
And McRob will play D, hustle & disrupt - great leader

everyone knows Romeo is really good.

they just don't realize how good.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's New Albany - Warren Central game.
I haven't seen WC play, but they went undefeated with a very tough schedule. They have 6 players averaging 11.8 - 7.9 PPG. They are led by a competitive 4 star wide receiver recruit offered by the big boys. It should be an interesting game...

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...id-preps-new-albany-romeo-langford/419746002/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT