ADVERTISEMENT

POTFB Prediction Thread

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
The day has arrived and we will be hosting the Boilers tonight. Man do I wish I felt better about this matchup. It's tough to get past their talent, spacing and scoring. Well coached and arguably the best team ever assembled in WL. For IU, not so much. Our guards continue to be our achilles heal. Still unknown if TJD's fall against Nebraska late in the game Monday will impact his play tonight. I wish I could be in attendance for the game as I think the roof will be ready to blow off at tip. Hoping for a great game and that when the buzzer sounds, we have more points than them. I just can't see it. Too much of a talent discrepancy. The losing streak extends to 10. Makes me sick.

IU: 64
PU: 72

75-68 Hoosiers. “Best PU team ever”. Very fitting we flip the script on the rivalry today.

Reactions: hoosier48
The day has arrived and we will be hosting the Boilers tonight. Man do I wish I felt better about this matchup. It's tough to get past their talent, spacing and scoring. Well coached and arguably the best team ever assembled in WL. For IU, not so much. Our guards continue to be our achilles heal. Still unknown if TJD's fall against Nebraska late in the game Monday will impact his play tonight. I wish I could be in attendance for the game as I think the roof will be ready to blow off at tip. Hoping for a great game and that when the buzzer sounds, we have more points than them. I just can't see it. Too much of a talent discrepancy. The losing streak extends to 10. Makes me sick.

Heart IU by 100
Head PU by 12

We'll come out on absolute fire and the roof will explode. Expect an early 10-15 point lead. Turnovers and disorderly play will take over late 1st/early 2nd and Purdue will eventually take a small lead. Woody will call a well placed timeout and about mid 2nd half we'll remember to feed the beast down low. By this point PUke will have some interior foul trouble and TJD will take over the game for a few mins... It'll come down to the last 2-3 possessions and we'll all be cringing as RP will be running the point and he'll hit another huge shot in the last couple mins as he's done so many times in the past. We'll hit some but not all of our FT's down the stretch to make us sweat but ultimately prevail 74-73.... Go Hoosiers!

Williams/Edey will torment TJD and we have nobody else who will step up. Our guards will be about 5-21 from long range. Boilers by 15 as the losing streak continues.

Heart IU by 100
Head PU by 12
I almost wonder if some Hoosier fans aren’t letting their hearts assume that this is some Herculean task for the team?

Yes, it’s been a one sided rivalry over the past 9 games.

but………

it’s a conference road game for them. Those should always be tough. They are playing in AH, and while they have had recent success, it’s still a tough place to play. It will be an electric atmosphere. Officiating will likely be a factor.

PU thrives at getting to the line. Imho, that script gets flipped, and we get home cooking.

PU may win, but I don’t think we need to play some perfect game to beat them.

I’ll go 72-63 Hoosiers.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Final possession, 20 seconds remaining. XJ brings the ball up, passes off to Phinisee on the left wing. Purdue defender is in his face but no foul is called... but he spots Race under the basket. Quick touch pass out to TJD behind the three point line, unguarded!

One crossover, two crossovers, three crossovers! Step-back fade-away, it's good if it goes and it banks in! Jackson-Davis lets out a primal scream and flexes for the camera as the cameraman moves toward the swarm of black and gold. Purdue 73 Indiana 53
You made an account just to post that?

How small is your penis?

Purdue guy here...

I have a feeling this is going to be one for the ages.

Can you guys duplicate the effort and execution like against Ohio St? I think you will. And in hindsight, the second half meltdown against Wisconsin can work to your advantage here - that game showed some of the newbies what it takes to beat a (really) good Big Ten team.

Gonna be physical...may get a little chippy. I know Jackson-Davis and Phinisee are going to be locked in. No prediction from me, but I really think it's going to be a fantastic game in an insane atmosphere. Buckle up!

Purdue 69 IU 62- just don’t think we have the guards to beat Purdue this season. I also wonder in the Covid-times when Purdue might lose a player. Williams and Edey can just keep on playing like Wisky’s Brad Davidson and Iowa’s Bohannon. I only bring that up given Edey was listed as R/S freshman versus Illinois and I think he’s played two seasons already

I almost wonder if some Hoosier fans aren’t letting their hearts assume that this is some Herculean task for the team?

Yes, it’s been a one sided rivalry over the past 9 games.

but………

it’s a conference road game for them. Those should always be tough. They are playing in AH, and while they have had recent success, it’s still a tough place to play. It will be an electric atmosphere. Officiating will likely be a factor.

PU thrives at getting to the line. Imho, that script gets flipped, and we get home cooking.

PU may win, but I don’t think we need to play some perfect game to beat them.

I’ll go 72-63 Hoosiers.

Well.... PU is a good team and IMO, IU has shown little mental toughness. Also it always seems that PU plays harder than IU, seems like it means more to them. I hope, I PRAY that the script is flipped tonight but if I was a betting man, at -3.5 for PU, I would bet the house.

Well.... PU is a good team and IMO, IU has shown little mental toughness. Also it always seems that PU plays harder than IU, seems like it means more to them. I hope, I PRAY that the script is flipped tonight but if I was a betting man, at -3.5 for PU, I would bet the house.
Damn buffalo is that you? All kidding aside I’m not sure I would bet the house though. 🤣

We will win tonight. The streak finally ends, not because they’re overrated, but because we are a legit NCAA team playing in one of the best arenas in America.

IU 78
PU 61

Purdue 69 IU 62- just don’t think we have the guards to beat Purdue this season. I also wonder in the Covid-times when Purdue might lose a player. Williams and Edey can just keep on playing like Wisky’s Brad Davidson and Iowa’s Bohannon. I only bring that up given Edey was listed as R/S freshman versus Illinois and I think he’s played two seasons already

Looks like he was a true freshman last year, so with the COVID year still has 3 seasons of eligibility after this one. Gives Purdue plenty of time to find another huge ugly dude...

Reactions: Indyhorn

Now would be a good time for Durr to come in and use his body against Edey. 7’0” 250 so he’s got it. Durr comes in and brings 5pts 5 rebs and 4 fouls. Whiffs of breaths for TJD Thats what’s needed to have a chance. Durr has performed solid against good competition while at South Florida. Tonight would be the perfect time to do it at IU finally.
25/75 of me has Indiana in a 74-70 classic.
75/25 of me has Purdue 74-69.

Purdue 73-71.

Reactions: aajohn2000
these are the same dumbasses who were claiming in December that it wasn't whether they would win the B1G but by how many games.... Right now they're behind Rutgers in the standings
They are also claiming it’s our Super Bowl. Oh, and we are all toothless meth addicts. 🤣

Now would be a good time for Durr to come in and use his body against Edey. 7’0” 250 so he’s got it. Durr comes in and brings 5pts 5 rebs and 4 fouls. Whiffs of breaths for TJD Thats what’s needed to have a chance. Durr has performed solid against good competition while at South Florida. Tonight would be the perfect time to do it at IU finally.
25/75 of me has Indiana in a 74-70 classic.
75/25 of me has Purdue 74-69.

Purdue 73-71.
I agree. Durr needs to contribute more.

Not bad...
I'm glad that game didn't go into OT. I don't think I could have taken any more. What a strange game that was. The end of the nine game losing streak. We were lucky Purdue knocked the ball out of bounds underneath their basket. It's looked like they were going to get the rebound and if so, the game would have been over. The next thing we know, Rob drills a contested "three"...the shot heard 'round the world! Hoosier Nation sleeps well tonight.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I'm glad that game didn't go into OT. I don't think I could have taken any more. What a strange game that was. The end of the nine game losing streak. We were lucky Purdue knocked the ball out of bounds underneath their basket. It's looked like they were going to get the rebound and if so, the game would have been over. The next thing we know, Rob drills a contested "three"...the shot heard 'round the world! Hoosier Nation sleeps well tonight.
Notcied after he missed the one just before he was all smiles - not at all surprised he took and made one immediately after...

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT