ADVERTISEMENT

The Revenant

Must see, especially on the big screen. Hardy and DiCaprio are great, but everyone is great in this movie. The real star is the cinematography.

Best film I have seen in years.

Awesome, thanks for posting. I wanted to see it from the previews, but there's a local critic who I usually agree with and he didn't like it, so that threw me. Planning on going with my son today for an early show (is it still a matinee if it costs $10?). There's nothing else going on around noontime today is there?

Reactions: C-$
How old is your son? This is a pretty brutal and violent movie, so be warned.

17... I'm f'ing old. He's my youngest. I can still whip his ass (but it ain't easy). There's something to be said for that ol' man paunch, experience and a well-timed fart when necessary.

17... I'm f'ing old. He's my youngest. I can still whip his ass (but it ain't easy). There's something to be said for that ol' man paunch, experience and a well-timed fart when necessary.
My oldest is 25 and I am not so sure I can take him anymore. Luckily he is not trying to fight me. My youngest son is 21 and he is just about there where he can whip me too. He is graduating from college this yr so maybe he will move out before he figures out he can beat up his ole man.

My oldest is 25 and I am not so sure I can take him anymore. Luckily he is not trying to fight me. My youngest son is 21 and he is just about there where he can whip me too. He is graduating from college this yr so maybe he will move out before he figures out he can beat up his ole man.
Sure hope not. You could use a good ass kicking.

Ride Along 2 gets my money this weekend. Ok, maybe not, but The Revenant doesn't have Olivia Munn.

hot-olivia-munn-photos.jpg

women-olivia_00354223.jpg

olivia-munn.jpg

olivia-munn-hot-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Sure hope not. You could use a good ass kicking.
Why? I am a lovable little fuzz ball.LoL. I remember when my oldest boy was 15 or so. He thought he could take me. So I picked him up and slammed him not real hard on the couch. He figured he had some work to do. Since that time he has gotten bigger and I have gotten weaker. Lol bad combination.

You were absolutely right about Sicario. Saw it last night. Great movie.

Yep, watched that one last weekend with my son and wife, we all liked it. Just got back from Revenant, which was also good. Weird watching that dark ass movie and walking out in to bright sunlight. I'm grilling a USDA Prime tonight, and might not even cook it. God help anyone who let's their dog shit in my yard today: Revenge is in God's hands! AARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

Last edited:
Going to see Revenant or 13 hours tonight or tomorrow.

Sicario also on the weekend agenda

Last edited:
Yep, watched that one last weekend with my son and wife, we all liked it. Just got back from Revenant, which was also good. Weird watching that dark ass movie and walking out in to bright sunlight. I'm grilling a USDA Prime tonight, and might not even cook it. God help anyone who let's their dog shit in my yard today: Revenge is in God's hands! AARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

I was starving for fish after I got out of that movie. Made salmon, but barely cooked it. Eat it ****ing raw.

Reactions: kkott
I made Panang Gai (Thai red curry) and vegetables over jasmine rice. Pretty basic but it was kick a$$ and, like chili, is ALWAYS better the second day. That being said, I'd take your dinner over mine any day.

Reactions: kkott
I made Panang Gai (Thai red curry) and vegetables over jasmine rice. Pretty basic but it was kick a$$ and, like chili, is ALWAYS better the second day. That being said, I'd take your dinner over mine any day.

My wife drove to Jax because her brother is in the hospital, so since it's just my son and I, I like having man time. Grilling steaks, Revenant, tossed the football. My Dad died young and I've already outlived him by 10 years. I try and take advantage of time together as much as I can. Enjoy it while you can. These steaks look awesome!

Ride Along 2 gets my money this weekend. Ok, maybe not, but The Revenant doesn't have Olivia Munn.

hot-olivia-munn-photos.jpg

women-olivia_00354223.jpg

olivia-munn.jpg

olivia-munn-hot-photo.jpg

Obviously she's hot, but she doesn't always look as delish. The last one is great and the first one: ouch.... I might have to put that to use tonight!

I thought it was VERY good, but I'm not sure it was great. Dicaprio was great. Tom Hardy was great, but there were scenes that simply didn't seem fleshed out to me.

I would be more specific, but I don't want to mess it up for someone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

Again, I'm being picky and everybody should go see it, but it wasn't the best movie I've seen recently. I thought The Big Short was at least as good and I thought The Hateful 8 was better.

The Hateful 8 was a masterpiece.

I thought it was VERY good, but I'm not sure it was great. Dicaprio was great. Tom Hardy was great, but there were scenes that simply didn't seem fleshed out to me.

I would be more specific, but I don't want to mess it up for someone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

Again, I'm being picky and everybody should go see it, but it wasn't the best movie I've seen recently. I thought The Big Short was at least as good and I thought The Hateful 8 was better.

The Hateful 8 was a masterpiece.

I haven't seen either of those yet.

I would have been better off just seeing the previews and thinking 'that looks like a great movie' then actually seeing it and knowing it was... meh...

My wife drove to Jax because her brother is in the hospital, so since it's just my son and I, I like having man time. Grilling steaks, Revenant, tossed the football. My Dad died young and I've already outlived him by 10 years. I try and take advantage of time together as much as I can. Enjoy it while you can. These steaks look awesome!
Atta boy. That is what life's about. Cheers and have a good weekend.

That's high praise for Tarantino's latest effort. It's been roundly criticized. I'll rent it. Like you said, The Revenant just seemed like it needs to be viewed on the big screen. (Like Star Wars).

I was concerned about the length (nearly 3 hours) and a few so so reviews I read, so I wasn't expecting greatness. I even told the wife beforehand; "If this sucks, I will not hesitate to leave early."

The movie flew by. Both of us were blown away. Samuel L. Jackson delivered a speech on par with his Pulp Fiction tirade, except this one was far more disturbing. The characters and dialogue were killer.

See it.

In a theater.

Reactions: hoosierdug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT