ADVERTISEMENT

The Patrick Kane rape case just took an unbelievable turn...

Hoops Cat

Hall of Famer
Mar 6, 2007
da Region
Seems that the mother of the victim came home from work yesterday, only to find the rape kit evidence sitting at her front door. I thought this kind of crap only happens in movies.

So, obviously, someone high up in the local police department, who had access to the evidence room, tampered with it. Now, is that evidence still admissible? This is intimidation in its naked form, and it follows a pattern of other leaks that have occurred, all intended to damage the reputation of the victim, and bully her into not wanting to proceed.

This makes me sick.

edit - added link to Deadspin article:

http://deadspin.com/lawyer-of-patrick-kanes-accuser-claims-rape-kit-was-tam-1732598494

Seems that the mother of the victim came home from work yesterday, only to find the rape kit evidence sitting at her front door. I thought this kind of crap only happens in movies.

So, obviously, someone high up in the local police department, who had access to the evidence room, tampered with it. Now, is that evidence still admissible? This is intimidation in its naked form, and it follows a pattern of other leaks that have occurred, all intended to damage the reputation of the victim, and bully her into not wanting to proceed.

This makes me sick.

http://deadspin.com/lawyer-of-patrick-kanes-accuser-claims-rape-kit-was-tam-1732598494
I would think it would be awfully hard to rape someone, and not have ANY DNA in the genital area. This was reported earlier, appears to be confirmed from the rape kit, and acknowledged by the prosecuting attorney. I am on neither side here, just an observation.

This makes me sick.

Who is Patrick Kane?
Who raped Patrick Kane?
Even without knowing that, I'm pretty sure a stolen rape kit won't be much help at a trial.

Reactions: outside shooter
I would think it would be awfully hard to rape someone, and not have ANY DNA in the genital area. This was reported earlier, appears to be confirmed from the rape kit, and acknowledged by the prosecuting attorney. I am on neither side here, just an observation.

Importance of the rape kit kind of depends on Kane's defense (which I haven't been following). If Kane says I didn't have intercourse with this woman at all, then what that kit shows or doesn't show is potentially very important. If Kane says, Yes we had sex, but it was entirely consensual, rape kit isn't shedding much light on that dispute because this is just DNA swabs.

That being said, this being found on the doorstep is insanely bizarre. It's so odd, I'm not even sure you can narrow the motivation of whomever did this. What I take at this point is it looks like whatever the outcome is of all this, the integrity of it will be highly questionable.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

You tellin' me the INTERNET was wrong?

You think I'm gonna believe that?

Hmmm, well this guy's:
CPmpIyGWcAADDRA.jpg

next press conference will probably be even more interesting than the one he held today. Because unless for some very odd reason, there were 2 rape kits, someone's telling a pretty big fib.

Hmmm, well this guy's:
CPmpIyGWcAADDRA.jpg

next press conference will probably be even more interesting than the one he held today. Because unless for some very odd reason, there were 2 rape kits, someone's telling a pretty big fib.

From reading Deadspin (nice source), the attorney was using the witness intimidation angle, and not the case is f#@*ed angle.

Doubt the attorney cares, so long as he's banging that check for 40% of the civil settlement. Now his client has a good excuse to settle and (just coincidentally) not cooperate in the criminal case because she feels intimidated, they didn't protect her, etc....

Let me stop you right there Jim.... As just yesterday I was a juror on a case that not only was there no DNA, there was zero evidence of a rape outside the testimony of the victim. They used a condom as she begged him to put one on of fear of getting aids.

Matter of fact, its actually hard to DEFEND a rape if there is DNA without discrediting the witness/victim because its a he said she said case. Rape is one of the most difficult things to decide because even if it wasn't consensual there isn't always physical evidence to prove it either way.
I'm not a lawyer I just know I had to sit in a court room for 2 days and decide a mans fate which.... if you've done really F's with your mind

From reading Deadspin (nice source), the attorney was using the witness intimidation angle, and not the case is f#@*ed angle.

Doubt the attorney cares, so long as he's banging that check for 40% of the civil settlement. Now his client has a good excuse to settle and (just coincidentally) not cooperate in the criminal case because she feels intimidated, they didn't protect her, etc....

Well what he's holding in his hand there is the alleged rape kit, which the police are saying they still have intact and in evidence. I'm sure he's playing the witness intimidation theory, but as I understand, he argued that was the rape kit - not a faux one doctored up and dropped off. So if that's the case, it appears someone's about to look like a real asshole: either the police who don't know they're missing or have mislabeled evidence in a pending rape case or the lawyer who just got on a soap box holding some phony evidence his clients gave him.

Let me stop you right there Jim.... As just yesterday I was a juror on a case that not only was there no DNA, there was zero evidence of a rape outside the testimony of the victim. They used a condom as she begged him to put one on of fear of getting aids.

Matter of fact, its actually hard to DEFEND a rape if there is DNA without discrediting the witness/victim because its a he said she said case. Rape is one of the most difficult things to decide because even if it wasn't consensual there isn't always physical evidence to prove it either way.
I'm not a lawyer I just know I had to sit in a court room for 2 days and decide a mans fate which.... if you've done really F's with your mind

You sent him to the gas chamber right? Always vote guilty.

You sent him to the gas chamber right? Always vote guilty.
Really don't want to get too far into it but there were a lot, a lot of charges against this guy and quite frankly... the investigators did jack chit. Didn't present any real evidence worthy of conviction. Thankfully, because this guy is a scumbag and I'm a fantastic person to make your jury foreman, we were able to get him on some of the more serious charges since they couldn't prove the rape charge.
I wouldn't wish sitting on a criminal trial on my worst enemies... not even some of the clowns on here... maybe Sea Money

So you're basically saying that the girl said she was raped and basically told the guy the if you're going to rape me, use a condom because I don't want to get aids?

So you're basically saying that the girl said she was raped and basically told the guy the if you're going to rape me, use a condom because I don't want to get aids?

That sounds a bit hard to hard to believe...I'm guessing more to the story

And then he complied? If she said that she asked and he did, I'd say she's lying like a mofo.

Really don't want to get too far into it but there were a lot, a lot of charges against this guy and quite frankly... the investigators did jack chit. Didn't present any real evidence worthy of conviction. Thankfully, because this guy is a scumbag and I'm a fantastic person to make your jury foreman, we were able to get him on some of the more serious charges since they couldn't prove the rape charge.
I wouldn't wish sitting on a criminal trial on my worst enemies... not even some of the clowns on here... maybe Sea Money

I sat in on a theft trial, and of course I was a pain in the a$$. He was charged with breaking and entering, despite not evidence of forced entry, supposedly entering through a window at a nearly impossible angle while not disturbing anything on his way in. The prosecutor painted this picture that he snuck in a night, and there was a picture showing a bunch of nicknacks on the window cill. No F-ing way he went in through the window.

They found this guy because he left his gun in the car. It was important to his defense he not be placed in the house because he would've been placed in the house with a gun. They argued the keys were left in the vehicle, and the husband had said he had on occasion left his keys in his car, but that night he swore his keys were in his coat pocket.

So not only did this guy allegedly sneak in without disturbing anything near the window, at night, but he also rummaged successfully through their home and found car keys in this guy's coat pocket.

10 of the jurors were wanted him guilty of all charges. Two of us were on board all but him being inside. We finally won that turning everyone on the side of him being nowhere inside the house. There is no damn way he snuck in through the window.

Maybe he was going to wear a rubber anyway. DNA and all.

Making excuses for rapists... The OTF his hitting a new low.
Not making excuses but it seems pretty weird. I've just never heard of that. It's hard to believe there wouldn't be some DNA or evidence either way. Who knows.

Maybe he was going to wear a rubber anyway. DNA and all.

Making excuses for rapists... The OTF his hitting a new low.
C'mon man you're a lawyer no? Its what you can prove not what you believe. What we believed? This dude was a scumbag sexually violent criminal... what was proven? Nothing other than a bit of DNA evidence that proved something DID happen.
Look I don't want to relive the trial but the unbelievable notion that she told him "if you're going to rape me do so with a condom" is exactly what happened. There's more to the story but thats the gist of it... as was discussed in court, the burden of proof is on the state not the defense. If you can't believe the victims story (and there were many, many reasons you couldn't) you can't believe that it was forced

Who is making excuses? If raped was inevitable, she should have just relaxed and enjoyed it.
Wow... I mean, there's low, theres AOTF low, then there's Sea Money low, then theres that post...

I'm sure you're just joking but thats not really funny. In this case the guy had a knife supposedly. Say "laying there and enjoy it" with a knife on you seems unlikely.

Wow... I mean, there's low, theres AOTF low, then there's Sea Money low, then theres that post...

I'm sure you're just joking but thats not really funny. In this case the guy had a knife supposedly. Say "laying there and enjoy it" with a knife on you seems unlikely.
Hmm ... are you not getting it?

Reactions: mike41703 and Moops
Who is making excuses? If raped was inevitable, she should have just relaxed and enjoyed it.

Hmm ... are you not getting it?

He so dumb.

Reactions: twenty02
Good lord, you realize you are on an IU site, right? Try Googling that statement

The irony,, considering your avatar.
What are you talking about? Because the OTF is where we come to talk IU in a thread about the Patrick Kane rape trial? And I'm dumb?

What are you talking about? Because the OTF is where we come to talk IU in a thread about the Patrick Kane rape trial? And I'm dumb?

I'm not going to help you, you are going to have to figure it out on your own

I represented a guy where a woman alleged she was orally raped (he went mouth to south)....for 20 minutes.

No kidding.

The judge actually said "is that even possible"?

Reactions: dusto nomo
Please google Bob Knight and Connie Chung, then please stop taking your prescription "no brainz" pills. Also, please change your avatar as you are not worthy of using it. Then STFU!
Not going to happen... You're referring to an incident in 1988... When I was 5 about Connie Chung going after Bob knight for a rape remark. Sweet, didn't know it happened. I was 5... Don't care.
My avatar is in regards to his book "The Power of Negative Thinking" by Bob Knight which I found especially interesting because it's a different viewpoint than most take. One that I think I agree with.
So is UTFO supposed to know all re: alf? What about Twenty, caddy shack and blind folds?
Sure I'll stfu but first you can gfy

Why do they call it a "rape kit"? They can't come up with better terminology than that?

Sounds like something a scum bag would buy on the internet.

Vaginal clocking?

If he had a condom on and it was not consensual there ought to be physical indicators of that.

Why a woman ought to get into the habit of scratching, skin under fingernails is tough to account for if you claim no contact or contact, whichever side of the case you are on.

I represented a guy where a woman alleged she was orally raped (he went mouth to south)....for 20 minutes.

No kidding.

The judge actually said "is that even possible"?
Did she ask him to use a dental dam?

Reactions: byerb01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT