ADVERTISEMENT

The past four weeks or so have been tough.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
My brother's wife passed away because of cancer. The two of them lived in Grand Rapids, MI and had been married for over 30 years.

A woman, who graduated with me from high school in 1972, died this past Wednesday. She was married to one of my best friends and my wife and I did a lot of things together with them as couples. We dined out together over the years, took golf trips together and played cards together. She had battled her cancer for the past five years and it finally beat her.

A golf buddy of mine passed away on Saturday morning after battling cancer for several years. He did a lot for our community and was a great guy! In fact, he was the guy on the back of my book (Golf Is More Than Your Score) giving the peace sign after he and his playing partners finished last in our annual golf event one year.

Billy Joel sings "Only the Good Die Young" and he is right. These three individuals were too young when they passed away.

My brother's wife passed away because of cancer. The two of them lived in Grand Rapids, MI and had been married for over 30 years.

A woman, who graduated with me from high school in 1972, died this past Wednesday. She was married to one of my best friends and my wife and I did a lot of things together with them as couples. We dined out together over the years, took golf trips together and played cards together. She had battled her cancer for the past five years and it finally beat her.

A golf buddy of mine passed away on Saturday morning after battling cancer for several years. He did a lot for our community and was a great guy! In fact, he was the guy on the back of my book (Golf Is More Than Your Score) giving the peace sign after he and his playing partners finished last in our annual golf event one year.

Billy Joel sings "Only the Good Die Young" and he is right. These three individuals were too young when they passed away.
Sorry McNutt.
Cancer sucks.
Hope you and your friends find peace soon.

Sorry for your losses. I'm getting to the age where I am seeing more and more people my age on the obituary page. Sad and scary.. I find myself looking around and wondering who is the next to go.

Sorry to hear all of this McNutt. I hope everyone involved is able to find peace.

Reactions: kkott
Sorry McNutt.
Cancer sucks.
Hope you and your friends find peace soon.
Thank you, MyTeamIsOnTheFloor. My wife, son and I went to the viewing tonight for our dear lady friend and we will be at the funeral for her on Wednesday morning. As for my golf buddy who died, there is a celebration of life on Thursday evening.

Reactions: kkott
Sorry to hear all of this McNutt. I hope everyone involved is able to find peace.
Thank you, Hooky. My long-time buddy seems to be coping with the death of his wife. My dentist buddy also was there tonight because the widower, his former wife, my dentist buddy and I all graduated together from high school. Hopefully, tomorrow's funeral will help all of us remember her and accept her death.

Sorry to hear that, pal.
Thank you, Phish.
Sorry for your losses. I'm getting to the age where I am seeing more and more people my age on the obituary page. Sad and scary.. I find myself looking around and wondering who is the next to go.
Thank you, iubud. The older I get, the more friends and relatives die. Our 50th class reunion is in September and it will be interesting to see who shows up for it. We think we know how many of our 832 class members have died, but many of them live in other states and we aren't aware of their deaths at times.

Last edited:
That you, Phish.

Thank you, iubud. The older I get, the more friends and relatives die. Our 50th class reunion is in September and it will be interesting to see who shows up for it. We think we know how many of our 832 class members have died, but many of them live in other states and we aren't aware of their deaths at times.
Hang in there McNutt. I think it's just part of aging that our friends and loved ones pass more frequently as we age. My best friend is back in Ft Wayne for a service for his Dad today also, and I just got word from my ex that her Mom passed yesterday afternoon. The first close family member to die for my kids, and I know they're both pretty sad to lose her. Great lady.

Hope the services and conversations help everyone cope.

Hang in there McNutt. I think it's just part of aging that our friends and loved ones pass more frequently as we age. My best friend is back in Ft Wayne for a service for his Dad today also, and I just got word from my ex that her Mom passed yesterday afternoon. The first close family member to die for my kids, and I know they're both pretty sad to lose her. Great lady.

Hope the services and conversations help everyone cope.
Thank you, kkott. I'm sorry to hear about your former mother-in-law. I hope your kids are able to cope with it.

I went to a celebration of life tonight for my golf buddy. There must have been 300 people there at that time. Hopefully, no more of my relatives or friends will pass away for a while.

May God be with your family and friends McNutt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT