ADVERTISEMENT

The Omicron

Got my Flooster last night (Covid booster and flu vaccine). Perhaps not the best timing in the world, but my only reaction to the first two doses was that my arm got really hot.

While I was there (CVS), someone came in looking for a Covid test kit. Pharmacist said they did not have any, and that no one else in town had them either.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Got my Flooster last night (Covid booster and flu vaccine). Perhaps not the best timing in the world, but my only reaction to the first two doses was that my arm got really hot.

While I was there (CVS), someone came in looking for a Covid test kit. Pharmacist said they did not have any, and that no one else in town had them either.
Another Biden lie.

How are you doing today? I did the Flooster a few weeks ago as well and it kicked my ass in a way the the initial Covid dose didn't. Wondered if it was the booster, the flu shot, the combo, or just life.

The leader in the clubhouse at this point is the latter. 🤣

How are you doing today? I did the Flooster a few weeks ago as well and it kicked my ass in a way the the initial Covid dose didn't. Wondered if it was the booster, the flu shot, the combo, or just life.

The leader in the clubhouse at this point is the latter. 🤣
I'm fine, but it's only been about 18 hours. Arm is a little sore, but no more so than from any vaccine. I would think any reaction I'm going to have will not kick in until at least late tonight or tomorrow. I do not recall ever having any noticeable reaction to a flu shot (other than arm being sore).

He ****ed up. Didn't anticipate Delta, didn't anticipate all the morons.
Many times it's easier to stomach and just blame others / something else than facing reality. Reality can be tough. Meanwhile, this just posted on WSJ.

"LONDON—People infected with the Omicron variant of coronavirus are between 50% to 70% less likely to be admitted to the hospital than those who caught earlier strains, according to a new U.K, study that adds to a growing body of evidence on Omicron’s reduced severity in populations with high levels of immunity."

So how do you explain that over the summer FL TX, AL, GA, MS, LA were hit hard while we northerners we're not? Now we are hit and they are not.

But even IF it does not prevent, right now Bloomington, Bedford, and Paoli hospitals have 68 people admitted for COVID. 50 are unvaccinated. 15 are in the ICU, 11 are unvaccinated. The numbers are amazingly clear. The HT is paywall but here is the source.

Because in those months everyone from the north were vacationing in the south. Duh!

I'm fine, but it's only been about 18 hours. Arm is a little sore, but no more so than from any vaccine. I would think any reaction I'm going to have will not kick in until at least late tonight or tomorrow. I do not recall ever having any noticeable reaction to a flu shot (other than arm being sore).
In my experience of second shot and booster the time fuse seems to be about 18 hrs. Then fatigue and body aches from low grade fever. Gone in 12 - 16 hrs.

Durham is super liberal. But then again, most population centers are. But Durham and Chapel Hill are very liberal and with the demographic shift of folks moving into the south and specifically the triangle, Raleigh isn't far behind these two cities.
Any college town is going to be liberal and they are only getting more liberal by the year.

Any college town is going to be liberal and they are only getting more liberal by the year.
Do not disagree on the statement on college towns. That said, I would not constitute Durham as a college town. Durham has a popultion of nearly 300,000 and duke has an enrollment of less than 10,000 people.

Last edited:
An

Do not disagree on the statement on college towns. That said, I would not constitute Durham as a college town. Durham has a popultion of nearly 300,000 ans duke has an enrollment of less than 10,000 people.
Very true did not realize it was that big.

New York (CNN)Next week's New Year's Eve celebration in Times Square will be "scaled back," with fewer revelers and everyone required to wear a mask, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's office said Thursday.

Travel to New York City during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go
The celebration in Times Square typically holds around 58,000 people in viewing areas, but this year it will be limited to 15,000 people and visitors will not be allowed entry into the area until 3 p.m., the office said in a news release.
Additionally, everyone will be required to wear a mask and show photo identification at the fully outdoor event, de Blasio's office said.

I find it kind of funny the same people who call photo id racist to vote are now demanding your photo id. I guess all those people they think are too stupid to get an id cannot come per DE Blasio.

Not magic, but "miracle" was bandied around daily, and by everyone. Not so much these days.
The only times I recall seeing the wird "miracle" was to decribe how quickly the vacicnes went from envisioning to fabrication to testing to production to approval and then to diistribution.

Interesting amplification lately via Trump.

Biden gives him credit for the vaccine and Trump seems to be running with it by publically saying....

"The vaccine is one of the greatest achievements of mankind .. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones who don’t take the vaccine."

Interesting how this message plays through magaland and right wing media.

It's great if they pivot back to vaccine=good.

Glad you're doing OK, but you do realize that the immuno aspects of it aren't fully effective for 2 weeks, so if you just finally caved cause you want to have the holidays with friends and family, it's too late and probably not a good idea anyway unless everybody you'll be coming in contact with has been fully vaccinated, including kids, which is not likely and the exact reason we'll be doing nothing again. Sucks, but better than dying alone on a ventilator.

In my experience of second shot and booster the time fuse seems to be about 18 hrs. Then fatigue and body aches from low grade fever. Gone in 12 - 16 hrs.
I never got any aches from either the second or third shot but I was just a little more tired the day after the shot.

Glad you're doing OK, but you do realize that the immuno aspects of it aren't fully effective for 2 weeks, so if you just finally caved cause you want to have the holidays with friends and family, it's too late and probably not a good idea anyway unless everybody you'll be coming in contact with has been fully vaccinated, including kids, which is not likely and the exact reason we'll be doing nothing again. Sucks, but better than dying alone on a ventilator.
You do you, and I'll do me, OK? I'm not a dumbass, did not "finally cave," and know full well how the vaccine (and booster) works. In other words, STFU.

Interesting amplification lately via Trump.

Biden gives him credit for the vaccine and Trump seems to be running with it by publically saying....

"The vaccine is one of the greatest achievements of mankind .. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones who don’t take the vaccine."

Interesting how this message plays through magaland and right wing media.

It's great if they pivot back to vaccine=good.
I was very pleasantly shocked by Trump's comments.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Right on Candace Owens little show (Candace is a heavy anti vax advocate).

I am really pleased about this from a humanitarian pov.

I'm curious how this plays in the Magaverse from a political hack POV.

My guess is they will shift to 'vaccines = good, I'm vaxxed. I fight against vax mandates made by a liberal agenda'.

From an overall well being, whatever it takes to get more Americans vaxxed.

He's been touting the benefits of vaccines since the advent - his narcissism thinks they are a credit to him. Why so many on the right are averse to them is a mystery. Hell when he advocates for vaccines he gets booed. Odd stuff

Reactions: TommyCracker
He's been touting the benefits of vaccines since the advent - his narcissism thinks they are a credit to him. Why so many on the right are averse to them is a mystery. Hell when he advocates for vaccines he gets booed. Odd stuff
I think I was more surprised by his overall tone this time, and his civility towards Biden. It appears to be a significant thawing.

Dear sheep, if you're still asleep there is no hope for you. None.

Close this content

HuffPost Life

I Got My COVID Booster Shot. Can I Go Back To 'Normal'?​

Julia Ries

Throughout the pandemic, we’ve had to make difficult decisions about the level of risk we’re willing to take on in various situations, weighing the pros and cons, potential consequences and benefits. It’s been exhausting.

LOL you are never getting back to normal you got suckered!

Reactions: DANC
Regarding blacks and their hesitancy, I believe that's long past and their rate is close to the general population. BICBW.
They’re at 37%, which is still the lowest rate demographic.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Another suckered response. You are being manipulated and sadly don't know it.

When everything is down to binary choices, you are being manipulated and it makes it easier to rule over.

Everything is a game now -- Blue versus Red. Or in your case, the ever-present, foreign enemy, from Commies to Muslims to dictators etc.

Have you not noticed that the country is constant on a war footing? How else do you justify a defence budget that exceeds that of the cumulative total of the next 8 countries in the world? Is the foreign policy to bully your way around the world, taking on everyone?

Not sick of (fake) wars and enemies at every corner yet?

Meanwhile, the country's being robbed, fecked up by politicians who go to DC who just want to disrupt, steal or worse, going against the rule of law -- while telling you that its the Dems, blacks, Asians, Hispanics and foreigners who are coming after your pay check, guns, house, wife and children's future ie the American way of life?

Not sure if you realise this; there is a much better approach to living -- and trust me there is; or looking at the world and certainly how to govern the greatest country though I must admit that there may be recency bias at play.

Though at this rate, a soon to be, dysfunctional country (if not already) that used to be great --- with Blue versus Red on steroids while beating your chest on how much you love the country and yet hate the other side.

And the only thing it has going is to do gunboat diplomacy in order to prosper or survive.

How sustainable a future is that?
Singapore is 4th in the world in military spending per capita. They’re an important US partner and customer.

CDC: Avoid cruise ships regardless of COVID vaccination status​

Erin Doherty
Thu, December 30, 2021, 12:28 PM·1 min read

The CDC said Thursday that passengers should "avoid cruise ships, regardless of vaccination status," citing an increased threat of COVID-19.
Driving the news: The CDC raised its travel health notice to the highest level on Thursday, saying "COVID-19 spreads easily between people in close quarters on board ships," adding that the chance of getting the virus onboard is "very high."

I asume they will advise no air travel soon as well soon. Followed by do not leave your house regardless of vaccine status.

CDC: Avoid cruise ships regardless of COVID vaccination status​

Erin Doherty
Thu, December 30, 2021, 12:28 PM·1 min read

The CDC said Thursday that passengers should "avoid cruise ships, regardless of vaccination status," citing an increased threat of COVID-19.
Driving the news: The CDC raised its travel health notice to the highest level on Thursday, saying "COVID-19 spreads easily between people in close quarters on board ships," adding that the chance of getting the virus onboard is "very high."

I asume they will advise no air travel soon as well soon. Followed by do not leave your house regardless of vaccine status.
Feel free to book your cabin. You can probably get a great deal.

"There was a wide predictive interval posted in last week's chart, in part because of the speed at which Omicron was increasing"

??? That--Does---Not---Com--pute.

How would speed of spread affect sampling? Utter bureaucratic BS.

They’re at 37%, which is still the lowest rate demographic.

its crazy how much the lefties on the board are too lazy to look at the stats and instead just make assumptions

• Love
Reactions: DANC and jet812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT