ADVERTISEMENT

The official final-final "Hey there's a Chance" Post

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Looking at the bright side of the tourney, we have a chance to make some accomplishments and end some woeful streaks while also getting some demons off our back.

1). Beat Michigan. We have lost to them 8 games in a row with an avg margin of defeat of 16. In short, these games aren't even remotely close. Michigan is on the outside looking in just like us, albeit probably further away, but they have the same scenario as IU. Win the BTT and they are in the dance.
2). Beat Michigan and a rematch vs Wiscy. Another team that has owned us and won the league outright. We blew both games vs them. Wiscy will be trying to win the BTT so they can secure a 1 seed in the dance. So, certainly not going to lay down vs IU, but hey, played them very competitively both times and IU just pooped their pants in 2H in Madison and final 3 minutes in Bloomington. Again, "there's a chance" to win here.
3). Make it to Saturday of the BTT.
- The BTT began in 1998 making 2022 the tournaments 25th year. Obviously the 2020 year ended with IU playing the last game of the BTT and subsequently the last NCAA game played that season due to Covid. Subsequently, this is the only season IU has managed to go undefeated in the BTT.
- IU has made the semifinal played on Saturday four times out of 23 opportunities and is 1-3 in those games making the final game in 2001.
- IU's winning percentage in the BTT is .361 with only three teams worse. Of those three, Maryland, Nebraska and NW, only NW was in the conference dating back to the start of the tourney in 1998.
- If IU manages to upset Michigan and then Wisconsin, IU will be in the semifinal for only the 5th time with the last time being 2013.

The bottom line is this is the final final opportunity for IU to pull it together and make their case for a bid or a long shot automatic bid to the tourney. We have a chance to win against Michigan who owns us in recent history and then a redemption game vs Wiscy. Should we accomplish that, then we are one game from the final and two games from a BTT championship and auto bid to the dance. Is this a long shot? Hell yes it is! Do I think we will do it? I do not and do not believe we will even see Wiscy on Friday. But hey, there's a chance! Let's go!

Last edited:
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Looking at the bright side of the tourney, we have a chance to make some accomplishments and end some woeful streaks while also getting some demons off our back.

1). Beat Michigan. We have lost to them 8 games in a row with an avg margin of defeat of 16. In short, these games aren't even remotely close. Michigan is on the outside looking in just like us, albeit probably further away, but they have the same scenario as IU. Win the BTT and they are in the dance.
2). Beat Michigan and a rematch vs Wiscy. Another team that has owned us and won the league outright. We blew both games vs them. Wiscy will be trying to win the BTT so they can secure a 1 seed in the dance. So, certainly not going to lay down vs IU, but hey, played them very competitively both times and IU just pooped their pants in 2H in Madison and final 3 minutes in Bloomington. Again, "there's a chance" to win here.
3). Make it to Saturday of the BTT.
- The BTT began in 1998 making 2022 the tournaments 25th year. Obviously the 2020 year ended with IU playing the last game of the BTT and subsequently the last NCAA game played that season due to Covid. Subsequently, this is the only season IU has managed to go undefeated in the BTT.
- IU has made the semifinal played on Saturday four times out of 23 opportunities and is 1-3 in those games making the final game in 2001.
- IU's winning percentage in the BTT is .361 with only three teams worse. Of those three, Maryland, Nebraska and NW, only NW was in the conference dating back to the start of the tourney in 1998.
- If IU manages to upset Michigan and then Wisconsin, IU will be in the semifinal for only the 5th time with the last time being 2013.

The bottom line is this is the final final opportunity for IU to pull it together and make their case for a bid or a long shot automatic bid to the tourney. We have a chance to win against Michigan who owns us in recent history and then a redemption game vs Wiscy. Should we accomplish that, then we are one game from the final and two games from a BTT championship and auto bid to the dance. Is this a long shot? Hell yes it is! Do I think we will do it? I do not and do not believe we will even see Wiscy on Friday. But hey, there's a chance! Let's go!

Average of 16 against UM for 8 games in a row - SOB!!

Might as well stop that streak like the PU one!

I choose to think we win our next four games. Think happiness over sadness all the same.

There, don't you feel better now, more like I do?

I choose to think we win our next four games. Think happiness over sadness all the same.

I'll tune in on Sunday.... If IU is playing, I'll find you wherever you are and buy you a beer!

Reactions: bailey777

Well it appears Michigan likely punched their ticket today. No way 9 teams go from B1G. I don’t think that’s ever happened? Regardless, Michigan rolls off the 8 line and is replaced by MSU. Aside from what Cav says, that team is not that good. A far better matchup for us than Michigan. We need to get a W here!

Well it appears Michigan likely punched their ticket today. No way 9 teams go from B1G. I don’t think that’s ever happened? Regardless, Michigan rolls off the 8 line and is replaced by MSU. Aside from what Cav says, that team is not that good. A far better matchup for us than Michigan. We need to get a W here!
I think better days are just ahead-we get the W and then some (more). It doesn't matter against whom.

I really want to beat Wiscy. Have to obviously beat MSU first. I can’t stand those punks or their ogre of a coach.
Either team (state or UW) will try to get into our heads, keep it low scoring, grind and hope we do something stupid. Hopefully we can focus on basketball and not get egged into scrums, or worse .

I really want to beat Wiscy. Have to obviously beat MSU first. I can’t stand those punks or their ogre of a coach.
We’re not playing either (unless MSU completely gags at home to MD [up 27-11 now]). And by virtue of WISC’s loss to NEB, ILL is most likely to get the 1 seed in the BTT.

We’re not playing either (unless MSU completely gags at home to MD [up 27-11 now]). And by virtue of WISC’s loss to NEB, ILL is most likely to get the 1 seed in the BTT.
If MSU wins MI is the 8 seed?

If MSU wins MI is the 8 seed?
Yes, via tie-breaker.

Whether ILL wins tonight or not doesn't matter for this exercise. MSU and MICH split their two games, so next tie-breaker is record vs. the top seed(s) in the B1G. ILL swept MICH and MSU. WISC beat MICH in their only meeting, but split with MSU. So MSU would win the tie-breaker and get the 7, while MICH would be 8.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Why not keep your ignorant hillbilly shit off the basketball board?
Why don't you just take your ignorant hillbilly shit off every board and go away and crawl under a rock? I'm the first one to say keep that stuff off of here but you are just an a**hole in every way, in every thread regardless of where it is in everything you attemp to do a complete and total jerk.

If we beat Michigan we are likely in. Obviously a lot changes based on what the other bubble teams do, as well as the possibility of some conference tourney upset swiping an automatic bid, but write it down. A win over UM puts us in.

Reactions: kunkrj and Cavanagh
If we beat Michigan we are likely in. Obviously a lot changes based on what the other bubble teams do, as well as the possibility of some conference tourney upset swiping an automatic bid, but write it down. A win over UM puts us in.
How do you figure? Who says we only need one win?

Wow! I saw the score of wiscy up 6 at home to the huskers and just assumed that was game. I overlooked sparty. I thought they had already played 20 games. Therefore, back to my original post! I don’t care who we play. Let’s beat their ass!

Reactions: BigMobe and SRIV94
I was only making light of SoccerSammy's suggestion that Putin and Biden have passionate gay sex before the week is over. Go pick on him-he started it.
Waffleshitz would love to be in the middle of that for sure.

I actually think Mi winning today helps us. Solidifies them as a tourney team, and gives us a much needed quad one opportunity and beating another tourney team. Does wisky losing make them not the one if IL wins?

I actually think Mi winning today helps us. Solidifies them as a tourney team, and gives us a much needed quad one opportunity and beating another tourney team. Does wisky losing make them not the one if IL wins?
Correct. ILL would be the 1 if they beat IOWA (H2H tie-break).

Correct. ILL would be the 1 if they beat IOWA (H2H tie-break).
IL is the best team in the big ten, I don’t think it’s close. I don’t want anything to do with them again this year.

Hello sir. If you remember - we had a bet in the aftermath of Minnesota. I said we wouldn’t win another regular season game after the Minnesota debacle.

Did you accept? Must’ve missed it in my notifications.

IL is the best team in the big ten, I don’t think it’s close. I don’t want anything to do with them again this year.
Looks like to get two wins we will have to beat the two teams who ran us out of our own building. Mich State and Wisc were much better matchups for us. We will have to play our best game of the year to beat michigan imo.

Hello sir. If you remember - we had a bet in the aftermath of Minnesota. I said we wouldn’t win another regular season game after the Minnesota debacle.

Did you accept? Must’ve missed it in my notifications.
didn't you want to do some stupid avatar bet? I didn't respond. Prob won't again. Money talks

I don're think so. For one, they aren't taking 9 this year. For two, IU has to beat someone near the top for a single win to matter at this point.

Yeah UM and UI are the 2 B1G teams we have no shot at. We can beat anyone else in the conference but absolutely no shot against those 2.
Well hell, just cancel the game and find out our match up in the NIT. DWS

I didn't think we had a chance against PU in either game and I sure as hell was wrong. I hope you are too!!

Problem here. A big game with a 7'0' plus Center on the other team who can defend and change shots and play effective offenses inside and outside. You will be lucky to find a picture of TJD on a milk carton after 5 minutes of play. Michigan will take Him out of the game or He will be on the bench with 2 Fouls.

The post mortem and autopsy on the season starts at 6:00 a,m, friday. Have your comments and observations ready.

Problem here. A big game with a 7'0' plus Center on the other team who can defend and change shots and play effective offenses inside and outside. You will be lucky to find a picture of TJD on a milk carton after 5 minutes of play. Michigan will take Him out of the game or He will be on the bench with 2 Fouls.

The post mortem and autopsy on the season starts at 6:00 a,m, friday. Have your comments and observations ready.
Its literally the worst matchup for iu. Michigan owned us at home buzzer to buzzer and we have no answer for Dickinson. Is there a chance sure but I am guessing the autopsy starts friday as well. Its the BTT after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT