ADVERTISEMENT

The Music Thread

So a lot of you would have already heard this recording, and didn't realize that the intro was cut off. That the most famous recording of Lyle's most famous song was actually introduced and discovered by John.

Sorry for doubling up on Brandi but

I'll throw out a triple play...

Epic story and cover of Helplessly Hoping from Stern

Five years ago at the Joni Mitchell 75th Anniversary celebration, Brandi had the opportunity to perform A Case of You as a duet with Kris Kristofferson. Following that Brandi recounted the opportunity she had to talk to Kris about his memories of Joni. He reiterated how the first time Joni played the Blue album he found himself amazed by how much of her emtional vulnerability Joni had been willing to share on Blue. His famous quote"Jesus Joni,leave some for yourself"...

Brandi then performed an amzing rendition of Down To You, an underappreciated gem from Court and Spark which I don't think I've ever haerd anyone cover before...

And now for something completely different, which I know I've ner heard covered before...An amazing job on Elton/Bernie's masterpiece Madman Across The Water...

Another band ahead of it's time... Spirit with Randy California and Ed Cassidy... Their first album was called The Family That Plays Together,an apporpriate title since Ed was Randy's stepfather... The hit single...I Gotta Line On You...

Next came 12 Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus and Nature's Way...

Also off Sardonicus is Mr Skin. This is the song you listened to in a dorm room with Black light and strobes flashing.

Purely speculative...But let's say a group of guys on a dorm floor were hypothetically divided into 2 groups. Group A was made up of guys who had planned to take an acid trip together. And Group B was other friends who were charged with providing safe "entertainment" for those who dropped acid and were tripping together...A joint (no pun intended) exercise in comradarie that might be engaged in by 70's college students...

Well if that were to happen Mr Skin and Black light while doing robot movements would definitely play a role...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT