ADVERTISEMENT

The Mrs/Dr Eppy has a work meeting in Hilton Head the end of June. We're

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
planning to drive down with our three girls (ages 5,8 &9). On the way back to Indy we thought we might stop in the Smoky Mountains. We've previously been to Gatlinburg twice and always have plenty to do. I was thinking we could go through Ashville, NC instead. I've been to the Biltmore many years ago, but other than that I don't recall what there's to do for families. Anyone have an opinion that has spent some time in the Smokies. We have 3 days to burn in either location.

planning to drive down with our three girls (ages 5,8 &9). On the way back to Indy we thought we might stop in the Smoky Mountains. We've previously been to Gatlinburg twice and always have plenty to do. I was thinking we could go through Ashville, NC instead. I've been to the Biltmore many years ago, but other than that I don't recall what there's to do for families. Anyone have an opinion that has spent some time in the Smokies. We have 3 days to burn in either location.

I'd recommend the Atlanta-Chatanooga-Nashville route home.

Atlanta has city crap.Big water park at Stone Mountain.

Chatanooga has a good aquarium, the Chatanooga Choo-Choo (used to be able to stay in a train car as a hotel room), Rock City (on top of Lookout Mountain), Ruby Falls (inside Lookout Mountain, requires a long elevator ride in a small elevator), civil war battlefields.

Nashville

Chatanooga has a good aquarium, the Chatanooga Choo-Choo (used to be able to stay in a train car as a hotel room), Rock City (on top of Lookout Mountain), Ruby Falls (inside Lookout Mountain, requires a long elevator ride in a small elevator), civil war battlefields.

Nashville

We did the Chattanooga route once when heading down to Hilton Head. Really nice town. Kids loved Rock City (all three brought home one of those red bird houses), Mt. Lookout was nice. Rather not hit that route on way back.

Last edited:

Nashville

Eppy edited his post. He originally posted exactly what I did above.

Not sure why so many people are posting quoted portion of what someone else posted and nothing added.

I never had anything to say about what you posted.
For whatever reason I make many more mistakes when posting from my mobile. Not rocket science, but still figuring out the format from my mobile.

Eppy edited his post. He originally posted exactly what I did above.

Not sure why so many people are posting quoted portion of what someone else posted and nothing added.

I never had anything to say about what you posted.

The new Rivals is unrivaled in not working suckage?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT