ADVERTISEMENT

The MAGA boycott of Bud Light is officially over.

This will make you feel better. When you walk in the room and people are cheering, then you shake SAGE STEELES hand, then Candace Owens, then Dan Bongino you are in GREAT COMPANY!! Then the crowd starts chanting USA, USA, USA!!! Now do Joe Biden imagine that for one moment. LOL. See ya tomorrow I'll get banned for this. These are my peeps!

These UFC entrances by Trump are so fascinating. They're like meetings of the the right wing media avengers. Patrick Bet David, Dana White, Dave Portnoy, Candace Owens, Joe Rogan.

A lot of firepower.

On a hot day, after working up a sweat and sitting outside, a cold IPA is the best.

I seldom order an IPA when out unless I know the brand, not because I don’t enjoy a hoppy flavor, but because there is way too much variation in taste and quality. Amber ales seem to be more consistent.
I'm good with others liking IPAs, of course. My daughter thinks they're awesome. ;) I prefer amber ales by far.

It was always a matter of time. That said, I never have liked Bud Light. Miller Lite guy myself. Regarding the boycott, I think it did have an impact on companies who are thinking of doing similar campaigns like this in the future. All brands need to stick to marketing to their core and loyal group when that core represents a "significant portion" of their customer base. Since the Bud Light debacle and the entire Woke campaign, it seems to have died. Just like kneeling during the nat'l anthem. The only thing that remains with the NFL is the wording in the end zones which at some point will also end.
If I'm ordering a light beer and there is no special, I go with Coors Light. Miller Lite is second best of the big three. Bud Light is lesser of the three. There isn't a big difference between them. They're all essentially flavored water with a minor kick! ;)

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
If I'm ordering a light beer and there is no special, I go with Coors Light. Miller Lite is second best of the big three. Bud Light is lesser of the three. There isn't a big difference between them. They're all essentially flavored water with a minor kick! ;)
BL gives me a headache. I could drink 50 miller lites and feel fine the next day. CL is backup to ML.

BL gives me a headache. I could drink 50 miller lites and feel fine the next day. CL is backup to ML.
Same here. Bud and Bud Light have always given me headaches.

Supposedly, it's the acetaldehyde in Bud products that gives them that really slight green apple taste. Some people (you and me) are way more sensitive to it than others. AB used to describe it as contributing to its "crispness," but they don't refer to it all anymore. Instead, they say it's an ester that their lager yeast contributes to the flavor profile. It's in there but at a low level. I'm not sure who to believe, but it definitely gives me a headache.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Same here. Bud and Bud Light have always given me headaches.

Supposedly, it's the acetaldehyde in Bud products that gives them that really slight green apple taste. Some people (you and me) are way more sensitive to it than others. AB used to describe it as contributing to its "crispness," but they don't refer to it all anymore. Instead, they say it's an ester that their lager yeast contributes to the flavor profile. It's in there but at a low level. I'm not sure who to believe, but it definitely gives me a headache.

Headaches are not all that it gave me when I drank it years ago. It ends in ITS and begins with SH. No bueno.

Talked to a guy tonight, that I'd originally met pre-Covid scouting bands to fund in Bloomington. He's a singer. Old school R&B guy.

He said he played a lot at this place called The Fairfax, down by Lake Monroe, that this local operator had bought and fixed up last year. Unfortunately, after dumping a decent amount of money into the place to fix it up, the guy went political. As a southside music fan, I hated this. Guy was booking cool bands, working to make the place a cool roadhouse on the south side, and then opined...

Made national news, place got blackballed by "lakies" and those that just don't want political BS, and after what seemed like a decent summer, closed down "for the winter" in December.

I'd hoped it was temporary, but talking to this guy tonight, sounds like another permanent shutdown.....after they'd just fixed the place up.

Just dumb "woke" business decision.

Guy runs a successful southside brewhouse I"ve mentioned before in another thread. Popped in there the other night, and he had removed the BLM mural they had since 2020.

Kinda pissed he ****ed up the Fairfax like that unnecessarily, but maybe the Porthole guys will buy it and make it right.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT