ADVERTISEMENT

The MAGA boycott of Bud Light is officially over.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit having a trans dude marketing a light beer is the dumbest f#cking idea on the planet?
Are you kidding? It was dumb and I said it was dumb. You should pay attention to the real me rather than the me that seems to live in your butthurt alternate reality. I just took advantage of the emotional dip and the inevitable bounce. And I know memories are short and I know it will sell in the future. That’s all.

The MAGA boycott of Bud Light is officially over.​

Yup but the MAGA boycott of intelligence, facts, empathy and general hygiene continues..

Reactions: Morrison
Less fees and short term cap gains at 22%...
Schwab fees are minimal and I made a good profit after taxes. Does this bother you for some strange reason? I made enough to pay a mortgage payment and buy an expensive bottle of scotch. I’m good with that.

Schwab fees are minimal and I made a good profit after taxes. Does this bother you for some strange reason? I made enough to pay a mortgage payment and buy an expensive bottle of scotch. I’m good with that.
I thought you said you bought an air travel ticket....

Talked to a guy tonight, that I'd originally met pre-Covid scouting bands to fund in Bloomington. He's a singer. Old school R&B guy.

He said he played a lot at this place called The Fairfax, down by Lake Monroe, that this local operator had bought and fixed up last year. Unfortunately, after dumping a decent amount of money into the place to fix it up, the guy went political. As a southside music fan, I hated this. Guy was booking cool bands, working to make the place a cool roadhouse on the south side, and then opined...

Made national news, place got blackballed by "lakies" and those that just don't want political BS, and after what seemed like a decent summer, closed down "for the winter" in December.

I'd hoped it was temporary, but talking to this guy tonight, sounds like another permanent shutdown.....after they'd just fixed the place up.

Just dumb "woke" business decision.

Guy runs a successful southside brewhouse I"ve mentioned before in another thread. Popped in there the other night, and he had removed the BLM mural they had since 2020.

Kinda pissed he ****ed up the Fairfax like that unnecessarily, but maybe the Porthole guys will buy it and make it right.
Fairfax is back open BTW. Local crew combo'd with the BBQ guy at Hoosier Putthole to provide food. Running it like a lake bar without pretentiousness or wokism.

Hung out w Coyle there the other night. We'll see how it goes.

Fairfax is back open BTW. Local crew combo'd with the BBQ guy at Hoosier Putthole to provide food. Running it like a lake bar without pretentiousness or wokism.

Hung out w Coyle there the other night. We'll see how it goes.
Well in keeping with stupid Missouri shit (AB) it looks like we got enough signatures to get online betting on the nov ballot. I’ll be so pissed if it fails

Are you kidding? It was dumb and I said it was dumb. You should pay attention to the real me rather than the me that seems to live in your butthurt alternate reality. I just took advantage of the emotional dip and the inevitable bounce. And I know memories are short and I know it will sell in the future. That’s all.
A 28% decline over a year is pretty significant, particularly in a saturated market like beer. I think JDB is right, the beer will still sell but I think they have permanently hurt their former market share. People went out during the boycott and tried different things. Many of them probably found that, on top of disagreeing with Bud Light using that abomination to try and sell beer, there are a host of better options available.

I thought you said you bought an air travel ticket....
Money is fungible. We did fly to Hawaii for our niece’s wedding and I still had a mortgage payment. They were about the same cost. Knowing I had that much more extra cash was nice. To further make your head spin, I actually left the profit in my Schwab account and used it for another investment because I didn’t actually “need” it. This is how investing to build wealth works.

A 28% decline over a year is pretty significant, particularly in a saturated market like beer. I think JDB is right, the beer will still sell but I think they have permanently hurt their former market share. People went out during the boycott and tried different things. Many of them probably found that, on top of disagreeing with Bud Light using that abomination to try and sell beer, there are a host of better options available.
You know what those people are now drinking as their “go to” instead? My observation at the bar/restaurant and in my golf league is they’ve switched to Busch Light and Ultra. It’s all the same company.

If the sales don’t recover, it will become less prevalent in venues which will continue to hurt it. bud has long term contracts. Once those are up for renewal, look out.
That’s interesting. I’ll ask the two bar owners I know if they have any plans to drop it from their beer choices on tap. My guess is no, but I’m not an owner.

The MAGA boycott of Bud Light is officially over.​

Yup but the MAGA boycott of intelligence, facts, empathy and general hygiene continues..
Rainbow Gay GIF by LGBTQ Youth

Money is fungible. We did fly to Hawaii for our niece’s wedding and I still had a mortgage payment. They were about the same cost. Knowing I had that much more extra cash was nice. To further make your head spin, I actually left the profit in my Schwab account and used it for another investment because I didn’t actually “need” it. This is how investing to build wealth works.
So you bought air travel......err no..
So you paid the mortgage...err no.
But now, you left the proceeds in your trading account...

You do realize that telling the truth more than occasionally is not a character feature....right?

You know what those people are now drinking as their “go to” instead? My observation at the bar/restaurant and in my golf league is they’ve switched to Busch Light and Ultra. It’s all the same company.
I don't think the chart JDB posted supports that though.

SHAoXVQ.png

All 3 of those are off, the other two not nearly as much as Bud Light, but still down. This would indicate that AB/InBev miscalculated so badly on that marketing campaign that it was bad enough to marginally pull down some of their other popular "domestic American" brands. Meanwhile, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, and Yuengling are up a combined 27.4% in sales. That would seem to strongly suggest to me that Miller Coors was the big winner and that people switched from Bud Light to those two brands. And frankly, after making that switch, you tend to realize that there isn't much difference between the 3 of them. I am sure that one of our marketing folks around here could pull a study that would say that kind of sustained change in habit is likely to stay in place now that it has solidified over a year. It will take a misstep by one of those other producers to chase those people away now.

However, you are also correct that the same company that produces Bud Light also produces a whole host of other alcohol products that takes more effort to find out. That is why you still saw the 19% return. They are an international conglomerate selling booze under a bunch of different labels. If they were just selling those 3 "domestic" beers here in the US, you would have lost money. The Bud Light brand was damaged and it hasn't recovered and likely won't recover to its pre-Tranny numbers.

Chart should include Modelo. Everything I've read indicates they were a big winner in all this.

AB generally and Bud Light especially had lost a fair amount of shelf space in resets headed into the summer.

But Bud Light has been slowly declining for years, which is why the Harvard marketing genius wanted to shake it up, and shake it up she did.

Chart should include Modelo. Everything I've read indicates they were a big winner in all this.

AB generally and Bud Light especially had lost a fair amount of shelf space in resets headed into the summer.

But Bud Light has been slowly declining for years, which is why the Harvard marketing genius wanted to shake it up, and shake it up she did.
Yeah, young people aren't boozing as much as they used to and when they do they aren't reaching for beer nearly as much as past generations. It was a collosal F up.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
So you bought air travel......err no..
So you paid the mortgage...err no.
But now, you left the proceeds in your trading account...

You do realize that telling the truth more than occasionally is not a character feature....right?
What is wrong with you? The proceeds were enough to pay for those things. My net worth didn’t decline because of the profit from that stock bet. That was the point, the only point. I’m not poor. In fact, from the perspective of my early life, I’m filthy rich. My income per month is enough for multiple trips to Hawaii and still pay for the two mortgages that I have and for monthly investment. I don’t need to take any funds from my investment accounts to pay for these things.

You must be jealous you didn’t invest in BUD at the dip. You should have.

I don't think the chart JDB posted supports that though.

SHAoXVQ.png

All 3 of those are off, the other two not nearly as much as Bud Light, but still down. This would indicate that AB/InBev miscalculated so badly on that marketing campaign that it was bad enough to marginally pull down some of their other popular "domestic American" brands. Meanwhile, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, and Yuengling are up a combined 27.4% in sales. That would seem to strongly suggest to me that Miller Coors was the big winner and that people switched from Bud Light to those two brands. And frankly, after making that switch, you tend to realize that there isn't much difference between the 3 of them. I am sure that one of our marketing folks around here could pull a study that would say that kind of sustained change in habit is likely to stay in place now that it has solidified over a year. It will take a misstep by one of those other producers to chase those people away now.

However, you are also correct that the same company that produces Bud Light also produces a whole host of other alcohol products that takes more effort to find out. That is why you still saw the 19% return. They are an international conglomerate selling booze under a bunch of different labels. If they were just selling those 3 "domestic" beers here in the US, you would have lost money. The Bud Light brand was damaged and it hasn't recovered and likely won't recover to its pre-Tranny numbers.
It was just my observation and I bought the stock knowing they owned many brands and the dip was all emotional. I don’t disagree with you on much of that, except I’d bet on those brands’ share of the market to trend up over the next couple of years. Memories are short. That marketing blunder will be forgotten and they’ll find a marketing campaign that works. Probably something patriotic and funny - like what they used to do. Trannies and woke libs aren’t their market.

I see you use a very scientific approach.

I see you use a very scientific approach.
Science or art? Does it matter if it works? I made a good profit on gun stocks during the Obama years. I noticed a dip after his election. I guessed it was all on emotion because Obama was going to “take away our right to own guns!” I bought it and put in an order to sell soon as it was back to the pre-election level. It worked too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT