ADVERTISEMENT

The Line actually played better

MMcCormick

Sophomore
Dec 7, 2004
Lost in the horror of yesterdays loss was an offensive line that actually improved. They gave up a ton of sacks but most were coverage sacks. They ran for a season high 150 yards yesterday. Penn State has an incredible defense and made us and everyone else they played looked terrible, but our line has slowly been improving since the coaching change. Now to change, the defensive coordinator, and offensive coordinator.

Maybe playing a qb that can run the zone read helps? Who would have guessed that? They still gave up a ton of pressures though and outside of a nice 13-15 yard run by Henderson, our RB’s were non existent. No doubt in my mind if Baz would have played the entire game we would have had negative rushing yards.

Maybe playing a qb that can run the zone read helps? Who would have guessed that? They still gave up a ton of pressures though and outside of a nice 13-15 yard run by Henderson, our RB’s were non existent. No doubt in my mind if Baz would have played the entire game we would have had negative rushing yards.
Run game certainly was improved with Williams.

With improved play calling Williams would complete more passes. Williams needs more experience to learn different techniques for short passes and getting better learning when to pull the ball and run. He will get better and better the more he plays.

They played harder... I'm not certain they played better...

One of the most disturbing things I saw was our Freshman G #65 getting beat "crossface" to the inside twice... That combined with our RT Sales having allowed the very same thing to be done to him against Penn State to help that game come to a humiliating end (interception)..., tells me that these guys Still aren't being well coached...

That's very concerning given that I had every confidence in Coach Carey and Really hoped he'd be our savior in the OL turnaround department... 😖 Let's hope he's still just cleaning out the cobwebs (it's been awhile since he's actually coached OL) on how to go about this and will get this problem resolved pronto....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT