ADVERTISEMENT

The Crean Experiment is Finally Over

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
Well that does it. The nightmare that has been the Tommy Basketball experiment is now officially over. It's a great time to be an IU fan again. Hopefully we can get some unity again in the fanbase behind the new coach and get back to the elite program we are.

Watching this year reminded me of the scene from Old Yeller when the guy put down his dog. Plenty of sadness and tears but at the end of the day it was necessary.

Well that does it. The nightmare that has been the Tommy Basketball experiment is now officially over. It's a great time to be an IU fan again. Hopefully we can get some unity again in the fanbase behind the new coach and get back to the elite program we are.

Watching this year reminded me of the scene from Old Yeller when the guy put down his dog. Plenty of sadness and tears but at the end of the day it was necessary.
One only hopes.

Reactions: franklin_iu

I bet there is no announcement till we are out of the NIT- if there is one at all. I'm hoping you truly know

With the right coach and if most of the players stay we should be pretty good next year. I really like Green, Davis, Morgan and Johnson to build around next year. Maybe even if OG and Bryant comes back we could really be good.
Now it is time for glass to step up and make the right decision or hope Missouri hires Crean.

With the right coach and if most of the players stay we should be pretty good next year. I really like Green, Davis, Morgan and Johnson to build around next year. Maybe even if OG and Bryant comes back we could really be good.
Now it is time for glass to step up and make the right decision or hope Missouri hires Crean.
Actually with all those players we might get a pretty good coach

Dude, I hope you are right. I want to be able to wear my Indiana jersey here in Seattle without people feeling sorry for me.

Reactions: Grotto_22

Do you know something that has not been made public?

I was told today by someone (not IU fan) that we couldn't afford a top coach.
Sad what we've become.

FIX IT NOW FRED!!!!!

Think you could pry Sean Miller from Az? Bras Stevehs would be a dream but he is getting it done with the Celtics.
A change is good, builds a buzz around the program.
Indiana should be THE PROGRAM in the B1G.

Think you could pry Sean Miller from Az? Bras Stevehs would be a dream but he is getting it done with the Celtics.
A change is good, builds a buzz around the program.
Indiana should be THE PROGRAM in the B1G.
They could get Archie Miller, Chris Mack or the Butler coach. None of the others would come.

Reactions: nookam

1) I'll believe it when I see it. Don't trust Glass to do the right thing.

2) Don't we still have the NIT?

Reactions: indy1203

I got goosebumps when the horn blew similar to when we beat Duke in 2002. One of the greatest losses in Indiana basketball history... instant classic:)

The Hoosier in me kicked in when IU cut the lead to 4 though... win-win!

If we get a good coach, I think this is a top 15-ish team next year once they break the bad habits.

Donovan
Marshall
S. Miller
T. Bennett

That's an excellent list. I think Billy Donovan could be a real possibility. With Durant gone he isn't going to win a championship for many years. Not many stars want to play with Westbrook, drafting is a slow process.
The B1G is an excellent conference and he wouldn't have to play his Florida friends yearly. He turned us down twice but things were going on, death of a son etc. I don't think after being an assistant here he wanted the pressure at that time.
Donovan would be going to FF and win some championships. You would be in the hunt nearly every year. Indiana is a bigger brand is basketball than Florida, thus recruiting would be on steroids. One and done talents.

Reactions: uncleter
Oh I know, it just sucks that that is how we are seen by outsiders these days.

A week or so ago, a CBS reporter said if Crean leaves, we are THE top job in the country and he thinks there will be a bunch of openings.

We've got fat-cat donors who I think will gladly pitch in for a real coach.

If Glass had any brains, he'd also do a GoFundMe campaign and we could pay the next coach 15 million a year as we have one of the biggest fan bases in the country who would gladly throw in $20....$100....$1,000.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT