ADVERTISEMENT

The boys aren't alright.

Isn't that the mirror image of parents who see their boys misbehave and say, "boys will be boys"? I am curious, aren't parents who say that sort of thing also creating problems with low expectations?

Certainly far from the entire problem, but PART of the problem is that boys have better options. It is very hard for women to get accepted as truck drivers, plumbers, and construction? There seem to be a lot of anecdotal stories out there of women having to overcome prejudice in such areas. So women have to use college to get ahead more than men. Men have better alternatives.

Again, that isn't the entire issue by any means, but it is certainly part of it.
For your first two questions: yes and yes.

As to the point of career options in the future, that doesn't help explain test score disparities at young ages, which is where you have to catch this problem to do the most overall good (same for racial or socioeconomic disparities).

I don't think many people in education over the past 40 years have ever thought about "boy reduction." I think they just focused on girl power and assumed the boys would always be O.K. They were wrong about that.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think educators have long known that early education is definitely geared to areas in which little girls excel, rather than boys. So much of early years was spent on things where you had to sit in your seat, be quiet and soak things up. That has changed in the last couple of decades and learning in most places is much more hands on, activity related, and understanding of the fact that kids have to move, especially little boys or you are going to lose their attention Very quickly. For the longest time it was assumed that girls were better at reading and languages and boys were better at science and math. That has been changing for awhile, and there is much more literature now aimed at getting boys interested in reading. I’ve long wondered what happens because it seems we lose many kids between elementary and middle school, when too large of a group go from wanting to do well in school to not caring. No easy answers.

Huh? am i a hot woman? no. but yes i've had super hot women. i trust that is now over. i've never done online dating in my life but if i had to get a gofish or desperatefarmers profile going it would not be pretty at this point:
050 S,W,M seeking 23-26 year old female who hates woke culture and enjoys short walks on the beach. looks are important. as is being physically fit (for you). no kids. no smokers. no ex husbands. drinkers are viewed favorably. must like babysitting kids as i have two, by different mothers.

i enjoy playing soccer, and watching soccer on tv, and posting about soccer on an anonymous politics board on a basketball board, and staying home and watching tv. i'm a former professional who is now loving life in sweats as an entrepreneur in search of that special someone to shephard me through my golden years. dining out is a must since i don't cook. as is prilosec so no surprises please hahaha.

send pics
Man you’re going to be a hot commodity! 😎 This might make a whole new thread, everyone write their real dating ad at this stage of life.

For your first two questions: yes and yes.

As to the point of career options in the future, that doesn't help explain test score disparities at young ages, which is where you have to catch this problem to do the most overall good (same for racial or socioeconomic disparities).
I think it explains some of it. Growing up in a factory town, the kids I knew who always expected to go to the factory largely didn't care about school as much. "I will never need this" is a strong demotivator.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think educators have long known that early education is definitely geared to areas in which little girls excel, rather than boys. So much of early years was spent on things where you had to sit in your seat, be quiet and soak things up. That has changed in the last couple of decades and learning in most places is much more hands on, activity related, and understanding of the fact that kids have to move, especially little boys or you are going to lose their attention Very quickly. For the longest time it was assumed that girls were better at reading and languages and boys were better at science and math. That has been changing for awhile, and there is much more literature now aimed at getting boys interested in reading. I’ve long wondered what happens because it seems we lose many kids between elementary and middle school, when too large of a group go from wanting to do well in school to not caring. No easy answers.
Those points you make are good ones. But they aren't working. I think the gap is increasing, not decreasing.

I'm obviously talking anecdotally, but I've seen this in action. When I bring it up to most people, they are dismissive. Parents, teachers, administrators. None think anything needs to be done and that there is either no problem at all because of things like Bulk pointed out or that there is nothing more that can be done.

Huh? am i a hot woman? no. but yes i've had super hot women. i trust that is now over. i've never done online dating in my life but if i had to get a gofish or desperatefarmers profile going it would not be pretty at this point:
050 S,W,M seeking 23-26 year old female who hates woke culture and enjoys short walks on the beach. looks are important. as is being physically fit (for you). no kids. no smokers. no ex husbands. drinkers are viewed favorably. must like babysitting kids as i have two, by different mothers.

i enjoy playing soccer, and watching soccer on tv, and posting about soccer on an anonymous politics board on a basketball board, and staying home and watching tv. i'm a former professional who is now loving life in sweats as an entrepreneur in search of that special someone to shephard me through my golden years. dining out is a must since i don't cook. as is prilosec so no surprises please hahaha.

send pics
From what I hear, you have to include your height now. Gotta be at least 6'1 to 6'3.

Also forgot to include the quarter zip with your sweats.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
And yet:
only 15% of engineers are women
only 40% of lawyers are women
only 36% of doctors are women
only 8% of CEOs are women
only 15% of self-made millionaires are women
etc...

So, for all that high powered attention and advantage they are getting in school, what happened?
That’s historical data. The trends are mostly in the opposite direction. in almost every economic, health, and social metric males are underperforming and sinking. I think it a cause for concern, but I’m an OWG.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
That’s historical data. The trends are mostly in the opposite direction. in almost every economic, health, and social metric males are underperforming and sinking. I think it a cause for concern, but I’m an OWG.

Well, the engineering total was 15.9 % in 2019, so I guess that's historical. I have seen %'s anywhere from 13% to 18%. And it certainly has been increasing, thus trending upward.
I don't see that as a problem.

I agree that we seem to too a great job encouraging our young girls' now days, especially compared to where we used to be. I don't know that we can say the same for our young boys anymore

We'd do well to remember the words of Ulysses S. Grant to his troops at the Siege of Vicksburg:

"Let's hear it for the boy, let's give the boy a hand".
Deniece Williams must be a big US Grant fan...... "let's hear it for the boy, let's give the boy a hand" (hmmmm..... wonder what she meant by that?)

You have been femininized by the GloboHomo regime of elitists. It is not surprising that this went over your head.

To my comrade above, I stand with you. A society ordered by men, protected by men and ran by men promotes the general welfare of both genders.
Your Reaction to Post ratio is outstanding!

Reactions: UncleMark
What? Forcing us all to admit that all white males are the evil root of all problems has negative consequences for young white males? Critical White Male Theory is a fact you evil oppressor you. I have it on good authority that Lincoln owned slaves. What are you gonna do about that?
You bring up a good point. Men owned slaves. Women didn't own them (well, Martha Washington inherited some, but no matter).

Ergo, men are shit.

My masculinity is Fing TOXIC!!!!!!! Woooohoooooo. We’re rolling back the clock to 1989. New world order. Woke is a joke!! Jimmy Fallon is OUT!!! Women want men again! Like Clint. And Burt. It’s a great time to be single. #blessed
You do Soccer... You are not a Toxic Masculine.
Love ya bro, but no.
Now that you are committed single.. Look a 10 in the eye and say.. No Chance! Then do your walk off. Make your own stage!

• Haha

send pics
Mcmurtry66 dating profile pics:

Modern-Family-Jay-and-Gloria.jpg

3191803252401885729.jpg

send pics
funny-tweets-2.jpg

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT