ADVERTISEMENT

The boys aren't alright.

You have been femininized by the GloboHomo regime of elitists. It is not surprising that this went over your head.

To my comrade above, I stand with you. A society ordered by men, protected by men and ran by men promotes the general welfare of both genders.
With more women graduating from college and getting advanced degrees our future leaders will be them.

Good luck you poor bastard.

With more women graduating from college and getting advanced degrees our future leaders will be them.
blazing-saddles-when.gif

You have been femininized by the GloboHomo regime of elitists. It is not surprising that this went over your head.

To my comrade above, I stand with you. A society ordered by men, protected by men and ran by men promotes the general welfare of both genders.
Weak, as either a literal statement or a troll.

Both evince the intellect and maturity of a 16-year-old.

This argument has been made for awhile, as the parent of 4 boys, I do think that the girls get a more positive message and have school more catered to their sensibilities now than the boys do. The comparison of how Kindergarten was treated in 1998 as opposed to now also reinforced an opinion I had developed based on my own observations as well.

Either way, it has been great that the girls feel included but I think we still tend to push this idea that they are the ones who need the extra special push when all of the data indicates the opposite is true.
What? Forcing us all to admit that all white males are the evil root of all problems has negative consequences for young white males? Critical White Male Theory is a fact you evil oppressor you. I have it on good authority that Lincoln owned slaves. What are you gonna do about that?

Except that today's young men, specifically white young men, could be in a radically different position in society and economic strata based on the circumstances of their grandfathers vis a vis their minority counterparts.

I don't think we can ignore that completely when comparing 25 y/o males across the spectrum.
I would argue that for the sake of this topic, who cares? The gap is seen in almost every country in the world including with the OECD countries we generally compare ourselves to. This isn't the case of America's past transgressions driving the problem, that may make it worse in some instances, but a solution for everyone should lift all boats.

I know this is easy to say because, not minority, but at a certain point I don't care about the past discrimination. We can't change the past. We can impact today and the future. As Brad mentioned above, we get too wrapped up in things that happened to and on behalf of people that are not us. And the most militant people on these topics tend to be the youngest among us who are and were the least impacted by the past.

I think that almost any therapist would tell you that eventually you have to accept, forgive, move past, etc. in order to move forward. We should be getting better on this but there is political hay to be made out of not moving on. So it feels like we are getting worse when the reality is that we are better on all of the racial stuff. The best we have ever been.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
What? Forcing us all to admit that all white males are the evil root of all problems has negative consequences for young white males? Critical White Male Theory is a fact you evil oppressor you. I have it on good authority that Lincoln owned slaves. What are you gonna do about that?
Not just white males. All males. Everywhere.

I think we got it confused that "Grrl Power" had to also mean "Boy Reduction" and that is not and should not be the case. "Toxic masculinity" being one version of this.

I think we got it confused that "Grrl Power" had to also mean "Boy Reduction" and that is not and should not be the case. "Toxic masculinity" being one version of this.
What about "toxic femininity"?

I first heard this term in a CoH post . . . I think he meant "toxic feminism", but I digress . . .

. . . is toxic masculinity part and parcel with toxic femininity? Does one cause the other?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I first heard this term in a CoH post . . . I think he meant "toxic feminism", but I digress . . .

. . . is toxic masculinity part and parcel with toxic femininity? Does one cause the other?
Honestly, I think that there is a perception of the world that is pushed that is based on a smidgen of reality but is not reflective of the majority of us.

For instance, you often hear "feminists" talk about how males can go out and be sexually active and have as many partners as they want. So to be equal, women should do the same. The reality is that is not the experience of the average male and there are quite a few males who don't like their potential mates being that uh...experienced.

I don't have enough time to do this justice right now but things like Tinder and the way that market place works tend to enforce stereotypes and damage relationship potential before they even get started.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Is toxic feminity a thing discussed in the media and academia? I've never heard it referred to.

Honestly, I think that there is a perception of the world that is pushed that is based on a smidgen of reality but is not reflective of the majority of us.

For instance, you often hear "feminists" talk about how males can go out and be sexually active and have as many partners as they want. So to be equal, women should do the same. The reality is that is not the experience of the average male and there are quite a few males who don't like their potential mates being that uh...experienced.

I don't have enough time to do this justice right now but things like Tinder and the way that market place works tend to enforce stereotypes and damage relationship potential before they even get started.
Ennhh . . . I think it's more structural than that. Women have more choices than they've ever had, but what choices have men gained?

Hell, they make jeans for women now! Back in my day, if women wanted to wear jeans, they'd have to buy a smaller sized men's waist jean and suffer the additional waistline . . . .

Ennhh . . . I think it's more structural than that. Women have more choices than they've ever had, but what choices have men gained?

Hell, they make jeans for women now! Back in my day, if women wanted to wear jeans, they'd have to buy a smaller sized men's waist jean and suffer the additional waistline . . . .
Women do have more choices. In some instances that is good and in others, not so good. Having the choice between 10 bad options is worse than a choice between 2 good options IMO.

Also, you cannot make this topic too simplistic because you end up at the mocking? point you make in the second paragraph.

Women do have more choices. In some instances that is good and in others, not so good. Having the choice between 10 bad options is worse than a choice between 2 good options IMO.

Also, you cannot make this topic too simplistic because you end up at the mocking? point you make in the second paragraph.
Who was mocking anything?

I was just trying to lighten up a little.

I get your point about bad options vs. good options . . . and it's well taken.

Reactions: IUCrazy2

I don't think many people in education over the past 40 years have ever thought about "boy reduction." I think they just focused on girl power and assumed the boys would always be O.K. They were wrong about that.

I don't think many people in education over the past 40 years have ever thought about "boy reduction." I think they just focused on girl power and assumed the boys would always be O.K. They were wrong about that.
They may not have thought it, but it is in effect what they did. Also, with all of the stuff that has come out lately, I am not so sure that there wasn't some intent to diminish boys (particularly white boys) by at least some members of the academic/teaching community.

I think our education system has gotten itself into the conundrum of politicians. We, for the most part, tend to trust the ones we are familiar with while feeling the system as a whole is a failure. "Congress sucks" and we have a list of reasons to show why that is the case. However, incumbents tend to win. "Our education system sucks" and we have a list of reasons why. However, I generally have liked or had a decent working relationship with my kid's teachers (with a few notable exceptions).

I've brought it up with a superintendent and principle in my children's district and the response was "that's just the way boys are." That's the other prejudice you run into.

Isn't that the mirror image of parents who see their boys misbehave and say, "boys will be boys"? I am curious, aren't parents who say that sort of thing also creating problems with low expectations?

Certainly far from the entire problem, but PART of the problem is that boys have better options. It is very hard for women to get accepted as truck drivers, plumbers, and construction? There seem to be a lot of anecdotal stories out there of women having to overcome prejudice in such areas. So women have to use college to get ahead more than men. Men have better alternatives.

Again, that isn't the entire issue by any means, but it is certainly part of it.

Isn't that the mirror image of parents who see their boys misbehave and say, "boys will be boys"? I am curious, aren't parents who say that sort of thing also creating problems with low expectations?

Certainly far from the entire problem, but PART of the problem is that boys have better options. It is very hard for women to get accepted as truck drivers, plumbers, and construction? There seem to be a lot of anecdotal stories out there of women having to overcome prejudice in such areas. So women have to use college to get ahead more than men. Men have better alternatives.

Again, that isn't the entire issue by any means, but it is certainly part of it.
Hot women have lots of options

And yet:
only 15% of engineers are women
only 40% of lawyers are women
only 36% of doctors are women
only 8% of CEOs are women
only 15% of self-made millionaires are women
etc...

So, for all that high powered attention and advantage they are getting in school, what happened?

Present company included?
Huh? am i a hot woman? no. but yes i've had super hot women. i trust that is now over. i've never done online dating in my life but if i had to get a gofish or desperatefarmers profile going it would not be pretty at this point:
050 S,W,M seeking 23-26 year old female who hates woke culture and enjoys short walks on the beach. looks are important. as is being physically fit (for you). no kids. no smokers. no ex husbands. drinkers are viewed favorably. must like babysitting kids as i have two, by different mothers.

i enjoy playing soccer, and watching soccer on tv, and posting about soccer on an anonymous politics board on a basketball board, and staying home and watching tv. i'm a former professional who is now loving life in sweats as an entrepreneur in search of that special someone to shephard me through my golden years. dining out is a must since i don't cook. as is prilosec so no surprises please hahaha.

send pics

Huh? am i a hot woman? no. but yes i've had super hot women. i trust that is now over. i've never done online dating in my life but if i had to get a gofish or desperatefarmers profile going it would not be pretty at this point:
050 S,W,M seeking 23-26 year old female who hates woke culture and enjoys short walks on the beach. looks are important. as is being physically fit (for you). no kids. no smokers. no ex husbands. drinkers are viewed favorably. must like babysitting kids as i have two, by different mothers.

i enjoy playing soccer, and watching soccer on tv, and posting about soccer on an anonymous politics board on a basketball board, and staying home and watching tv. i'm a former professional who is now loving life in sweats as an entrepreneur in search of that special someone to shephard me through my golden years. dining out is a must since i don't cook. as is prilosec so no surprises please hahaha.

send pics
I was referring to the "options", not the hot women.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

send pics
I feel like you could remove one word that would substantially increase your replies. Any guesses?

And yet:
only 15% of engineers are women
only 40% of lawyers are women
only 36% of doctors are women
only 8% of CEOs are women
only 15% of self-made millionaires are women
etc...

So, for all that high powered attention and advantage they are getting in school, what happened?
Well, that's in about two generations. Most of those were 0% even 75 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT