ADVERTISEMENT

The Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group . . .

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Is one of the most lethal forces on the planet. It is positioned in the Persian Gulf. It’s now nothing more than a collection of floating funny looking excursion boats. Why? It can’t get more jet fuel. The Navy’s oiler attached to the strike group ran aground and is out of service. Our navy has no ready replacement. Why? Because of failure to meet recruiting goals, the Navy sidelined logistical ships.

Why can’t we meet recruiting goals? Many reasons and the issue is complicated. But we do know that white males are dropping out of everything, from being students to being accomplished tradesmen, well-educated professionals and signing up for the military.

We have a problem.

Is one of the most lethal forces on the planet. It is positioned in the Persian Gulf. It’s now nothing more than a collection of floating funny looking excursion boats. Why? It can’t get more jet fuel. The Navy’s oiler attached to the strike group ran aground and is out of service. Our navy has no ready replacement. Why? Because of failure to meet recruiting goals, the Navy sidelined logistical ships.

Why can’t we meet recruiting goals? Many reasons and the issue is complicated. But we do know that white males are dropping out of everything, from being students to being accomplished tradesmen, well-educated professionals and signing up for the military.

We have a problem.
White males have been told for so long that they’re responsible for all the evils of the world that I guess they’ve given up

Are we ready to start talking about compulsory national service?
Not just military? You bet.

Medical assistance, for example. Send some kids into nursing homes for a six-month tour to help with cleaning and food prep and just plain being around somebody lonely and without a family. Play a board game, read or just take someone out for a walk.

Trash collection around roadways.

Mow some areas.

Paint and help skilled tradesmen with fixing properties of those who can’t afford it. Don’t need certification to wield a hammer or a screwdriver.

And my personal favorite - help crews fix potholes.

Medical assistance, for example. Send some kids into nursing homes for a six-month tour to help with cleaning and food prep and just plain being around somebody lonely and without a family. Play a board game, read or just take someone out for a walk.

Mow some areas.

Paint and help skilled tradesmen with fixing properties of those who can’t afford it. Don’t need certification to wield a hammer or a screwdriver.

Yep, national service. Health care, elder care, child care. Boundless opportunities.

An exercise in making your reader do all the work. CO didn't even have the guts to draw the line between the recruitment and the white males. Instead he just dumped it together in the same thread and left us to draw his line for him.
Let it play out. Let’s see he where he takes us

Mow some areas.

I think those are called businesses and the government isn't real good at starting or running them.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

CoH is correct…but goat is also correct on the fact that he took a very important topic and dropped a bomb on it without including the text of the essay
Goat is nowhere close to correct. He and others are just being smart/dumb asses

The point of the thread is why do we have billions of dollars of lethal force neutralized by a stupid mistake. The navy has no logistical redundancy because of a failure to meet recruitment goals. White male dropout is a factor in my view.

Why the Big Horn ran aground is a separate matter and has little or nothing to do about who was at the helm. I would think that any computer aided guidance system would certainly use ocean depth as a relevant input. This should never have happened.

Goat’s and others take on this thread leads me to believe that the board has become worthless.

The point of the thread is why do we have billions of dollars of lethal force neutralized by a stupid mistake. The navy has no logistical redundancy because of a failure to meet recruitment goals. White male dropout is a factor in my view.

Why the Big Horn ran aground is a separate matter and has little or nothing to do about who was at the helm. I would think that any computer aided guidance system would certainly use ocean depth as a relevant input. This should never have happened.

Goat’s and others take on this thread leads me to believe that the board has become worthless.
Don't judge the board by one bomb thrower.

Goat rarely has anything to add except snarkery and jabs at other posters.

I think you are combining issues that do not need to be on this instance. And you admitted so in your 3rd paragraph.

It’s true that the military has alienated a very important subset of the population…I’m just not sure that has any bearing on this mishap

We have a problem.
My son has mentioned maybe applying to the Naval Academy or doing ROTC. Wonder if this situation would help his chances.

My son has mentioned maybe applying to the Naval Academy or doing ROTC. Wonder if this situation would help his chances.
Is he any good at athletics? I think all Cadets and Midshipmen have to play a varsity sport. I could be wrong about that, but I know a guy who went there (50 years ago) and he said it was a requirement.

Yes. Woke armed forces will not cut it. That's obvious. Rather than admit the problem and changing course, some on here want to go to compulsory military service, which worked SO well in 'Nam. or compulsory civil service for those not wanting to wear a uniform. Reduce personal freedom/choice rather than drop the bullshit, because the bullshit is more important than being prepared to win a war.

I think you are combining issues that do not need to be on this instance. And you admitted so in your 3rd paragraph.

It’s true that the military has alienated a very important subset of the population…I’m just not sure that has any bearing on this mishap
It doesn’t have any bearing on this “mishap”. I never said it did. I don’t think you read my second link. This “mishap” neutralized the strike group because we have no back up. We have no backup because of failure to meet recruitment goals. For many reasons, white males are dropping out of many important jobs. I think that is a problem.

Yes. Woke armed forces will not cut it. That's obvious. Rather than admit the problem and changing course, some on here want to go to compulsory military service, which worked SO well in 'Nam. or compulsory civil service for those not wanting to wear a uniform. Reduce personal freedom/choice rather than drop the bullshit, because the bullshit is more important than being prepared to win a war.
There is more of a problem here than can be explained by woke politics.

Reactions: DANC
Don't judge the board by one bomb thrower.

Goat rarely has anything to add except snarkery and jabs at other posters.
Check out the fbi crime report out today thread. The board is pretty worthless

Last edited:
An exercise in making your reader do all the work. CO didn't even have the guts to draw the line between the recruitment and the white males. Instead he just dumped it together in the same thread and left us to draw his line for him.
Exactly. Productive discussions are well beyond dumbass snarks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT