ADVERTISEMENT

The 3 point shooting situation is sickening

Hoosiervannah

Freshman
Jul 31, 2012
We cannot win these kinds of games this way. I’m fuming. I keep watching only to swear, bitch, whine - my behavior watching these games is embarrassing…. But I’m blaming coach for all of it! If he had recruited a decent 3 point shooter, we would win and I wouldn’t have to act like a fool.

We cannot win these kinds of games this way. I’m fuming. I keep watching only to swear, bitch, whine - my behavior watching these games is embarrassing…. But I’m blaming coach for all of it! If he had recruited a decent 3 point shooter, we would win and I wouldn’t have to act like a fool.
He is failing. Hopefully the right move will be made sooner than later.

at 65 years of age...with a short time horizon anyway...does anyone expect this head coach can evolve upward? Of course not. He's a pro coach trying to force a templet onto a college program without the personnel required to do it. Roster management is a contradiction in terms with this program. Treading water against the current.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This season’s final analysis will read somewhere along the line of “one of our worst teams (flawed roster, poorly coached) despite three 5-star players.”

IU may never have three 5-stars again on one team, unless they start handing out stars like candy. Maybe they already have.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Our fan base would lose their minds if we recruited someone like Lance Jones or Braden Smith.

We’re too good for that and demand 5 stars from the east coast.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Our fan base would lose their minds if we recruited someone like Lance Jones or Braden Smith.

We’re too good for that and demand 5 stars from the east coast.
I certainly am not complaining about getting Ware, Malik, and MM. They have all played well. This isn’t their fault. The problem is what we have all pointed out - lack of guard recruiting. I agree with you - make shooting a priority. Does Woodson know math? 3 > 2

Isaiah Swope in the back yard but let's over value our current guards. The 5 star fallacy doesn't measure heart, effort, and smarts.

at 65 years of age...with a short time horizon anyway...does anyone expect this head coach can evolve upward? Of course not. He's a pro coach trying to force a templet onto a college program without the personnel required to do it. Roster management is a contradiction in terms with this program. Treading water against the current.
He is doing what all people who are hired into a position of power through misguided judgement do. Bring your old job with you and propagate all your "perfect" ideas downward to make change for change sake appear to be "progress".

Pro-style offense? Wait, we don't have any pro players on this team. You mean it's really not working any better than it didn't work in the NBA 20 years ago when we had shooters? Damn, let me think, go get the equipment managers, see if we have any signs left over from that advanced subliminal messaging project Crean was experimenting with a few years ago.

I think this might be worse than that as far as how bad this team is. PU is going to be ugly.

That's only half of it.........the D against 3 point shooting is bad. PSU was hitting at a rate of 30% coming into the game and hit 12/22 against us. Other teams and individuals have also gone off against us on a regular basis.

Steve Bardo had a very interesting comment concerning shooting in the AH......he said he always liked to play there because the shooting background was so good............may explain in part why road teams do so well against us in AH, and why we shoot 3s better there as well.

That's only half of it.........the D against 3 point shooting is bad. PSU was hitting at a rate of 30% coming into the game and hit 12/22 against us. Other teams and individuals have also gone off against us on a regular basis.

Steve Bardo had a very interesting comment concerning shooting in the AH......he said he always liked to play there because the shooting background was so good............may explain in part why road teams do so well against us in AH, and why we shoot 3s better there as well.
So what is it about our background making it so conducive? IU shooters have the same background so why would this be an advantage for them and not us, too? If Assembly Hall has a reputation for being a favorable place for shooters, we should be seeing a plethora of shooters wanting to perform here on a regular basis. This hasn’t been happening in the reality we know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT