ADVERTISEMENT

Tech?

You buried the lead … T’s can be forgiven after an 86-69 victory.
absolutely! Heated game, heated moment and she was playing her ass off. Maybe take her out to give her a break, pull her aside and commend the passion and energy but tell her to keep it focused on the floor and her play, then get her back in there and whisper in her ear "now take it to that cocky B*tch, and show her who the best player is on the floor tonight!"

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned but how about Garzon going right back at CC after her hard foul and then Clark missing the 2 FTs? That's why I hacked the crap out of anybody on a layup if I had fouls to give. Don't give them the basket, and see if they can make 2! In that case, she couldn't: great play that doesn't show in the statline!

Last edited:
Nbd. Super intense game. It’s also impossible to know what may have been said to her leading up to the moment.

absolutely! Heated game, heated moment and she was playing her ass off. Maybe take her out to give her a break, pull her aside and commend the passion and energy but tell her to keep it focused on the floor and her play, then get her back in there and whisper in her ear "now take it to that cocky B*tch, and show her who the best player is on the floor tonight!"

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned but how about Garzon going right back at CC after her hard foul and then Clark missing the 2 FTs? That's why I hacked the crap out of anybody on a layup if I had fouls to give. Don't give them the basket, and see if they can make 2! In that case, she couldn't!
Yarden wasn’t having any of that BS. Loved the fire.

Nbd. Super intense game. It’s also impossible to know what may have been said to her leading up to the moment.
I think it’s entirely safe to assume Teri’s troops were more than a little tired of Clark’s never ending crybaby antics. That coach is a POS too. Bitches about every single call and had both feet on the court flailing her arms wildly most of the game. She was damn near a 6th defender on half of IUs possessions.

Yarden wasn’t having any of that BS. Loved the fire.
Me too Man. This team has got to have that physical backline help. The guards defensively against quick physical guards are the weak point, so you're going to have to bring help, and the more physical the better. I'd really try and sell all the backups on that: come in and be PHYSICAL. You're only going to get 10-15 minutes a game, so no easy drives/baskets. If they take it up a notch there, they could maybe turn a corner in the tournament this year.

On another note: don't the Fever have the first pick this year? Any Fever fans here? Could you root for CC playing in front of Grace? Such an amazing player and yet so easy to dislike!

They joked about it at the presser. Scalia was a bit embarrassed and you could tell Moren didn't necessarily approve but they recognized it was due to the intensity of the game.
She was torching them and had enough of the BS. I was actually ok with it. I believe after a few Clark bs calls they sent a few girls at her to shut her up(enforcers) and it got to Clark.

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned but how about Garzon going right back at CC after her hard foul and then Clark missing the 2 FTs? That's why I hacked the crap out of anybody on a layup if I had fouls to give. Don't give them the basket, and see if they can make 2! In that case, she couldn't: great play that doesn't show in the statline!
yep, my HS coach always said, if you have to foul the shooter, make sure the ball never, and I mean...NEVER...gets out of his hands for a shot. Make him earn 2 the hard way.

It was just pent-up emotions from the whole game. The most intense women's game I have ever attended. One thing not mentioned was Scalia's defense on Clark during the game with Chloe's and Lexus foul troubles. I never like a T but again in this game it did not matter.

Me too Man. This team has got to have that physical backline help. The guards defensively against quick physical guards are the weak point, so you're going to have to bring help, and the more physical the better. I'd really try and sell all the backups on that: come in and be PHYSICAL. You're only going to get 10-15 minutes a game, so no easy drives/baskets. If they take it up a notch there, they could maybe turn a corner in the tournament this year.

On another note: don't the Fever have the first pick this year? Any Fever fans here? Could you root for CC playing in front of Grace? Such an amazing player and yet so easy to dislike!
I don't particularly give a hoot about the WNBA, so no. She can take that crybaby, poor sportsmanship crap somewhere else. The Fever can close up shop for all I care.

Reactions: bbafficionado
I don't particularly give a hoot about the WNBA, so no. She can take that crybaby, poor sportsmanship crap somewhere else. The Fever can close up shop for all I care.
They have not done a great job promoting the WNBA but Lin Dunn has the Fever moving in a better direction with the addition of A Boston and Grace. Grace is a gutty player but was just as good marketing bringing in more IU fans to Fever games. Lin comes to a lot of games and was there last night and spent a long time with Moren after the game as she was Moren's coach at PU. Whether you like the WNBA or not she is a good general manager and has the first pick in the draft.

I don't know if anyone noticed but our bench players are starting to peak as well. Meister had an awesome block, LaMendola contributed, and Bargesser is getting better with every minute she plays. If Bargesser develops more confidence and a consistent shot, look out, because they leave her open all the time.

Grace wants to win and Clark easily is the best player in the draft. Plus, she’s box office. The Fever will sell a shit ton more tickets with Clark there. They could be the starting backcourt for the Fever for a decade. Boston is a beast, so they’ll b contenders immediately.

I think it’s entirely safe to assume Teri’s troops were more than a little tired of Clark’s never ending crybaby antics. That coach is a POS too. Bitches about every single call and had both feet on the court flailing her arms wildly most of the game. She was damn near a 6th defender on half of IUs possessions.
Reminded me of Gene Keady, Purdue never fouled.

Right. Don't f**k with an Israeli girl. Especially one who's 6'2" and athletic.
That was the first time I’ve ever really seen Garzon show any emotions at all. She seems very focused and in control. But whatever that whiney beotch said to her totally pushed a button. It was awesome!

Reactions: Army88
What I saw on the twitters was that Sara made the too small gesture to the person guarding her after she hit a shot. It was near the end of the game.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Yes, Fever have first pick. I will cheer for Caitlin. Her antics won’t work in the pros, so she will clean it up. I went to a couple games to see Grace this year and will go to a couple next year too,

Reactions: kkott
One of our players should have run the sideline and taken their couch out!!!!
(by taken out... I mean just bump her on the run and make it obvious of the contact)

Would that be a Technical on IOWA's coach if that would happen? It seems it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT