ADVERTISEMENT

Teams jockeying for the 6th thru 8th spots in the B1G Tournament...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Here are the remaining series for the teams that IMO are going to be jockeying for the final three spots in the tourney. I'm conceding that five teams are probably going to be in it in Rutgers (11-1), Ill (10-2), Maryland (7-2), Iowa (6-3), and Michigan (6-3). I didn't include Minnesota's series left since they are in last place and it doesn't appear that they will improve on that with maybe the exception of moving up to the 12th spot if things fall right for them. I included OSU which is in next to last place, but has two conference wins, the same as IU and MSU. Here are the remaining series for those teams fighting for the final 3 spots, IMO, and I've listed them in order of the current standings:

NW (4-5) - MSU, at MD, OSU, PU, at Minn.

Neb (4-5) - at IU, Iowa, at Minn, at ILL, MSU.

PSU (5-7) - at Minn, MSU, at OSU, ILL.

PU (4-6) - Mich, at Iowa, at NW, MD.

MSU (2-7) - at NW, Minn, at PSU, Iowa, at Neb.

IU (2-7) - Neb, ILL, at Mich, Minn, at Iowa.

OSU (2-8) - at Mich, Rutgers, at NW, PSU.

With the remaining series left, PSU looks like they have the easiest road to the tournament. Purdue was hurt early in the season when two of their three games with a bad OSU team were canceled with Purdue winning the lone game played. Of the teams that are probably going to make it, Rutgers has a difficult season ending stretch in the B1G, with series with Iowa, at OSU, MD, and at Mich, with OSU the only weak opponent, but with the big start to the season, they will probably win enough games to easily be in the tournament and be one of the top seeds. Maryland also has almost as tough of a road with series left with at ILL, NW, at Rutgers, Mich, and at PU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT